My prescription for the stock License plate bracket

metalmaven_imp said:
Hi guys, I mentioned that I will be making a few things for my 2014 CB110 and I finally got my first piece! Its a plate to replace the stock reflector bracket, I mean license plate bracket ;-)

I actually made two of these, and as some of you may know I have been doing custom metalwork since 1996. So here is a link to my Etsy Store where I have one for sale. Please check it out.

I plan on making more if the demand is out there.

Etsy Link
Funny I see this tonight. I just ordered one of these from you last night and didn't even know you were on the forum
metalmaven_imp said:
I stumbled upon your bracket last night on google and ordered it. I had no clue you were on the forum
 
metalmaven_imp said:
That's awesome! Didn't know I was google-able. Shipping tomorrow!
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Plate not blare
 
Thread starter
Jack1979_imp said:
metalmaven_imp said:
That's awesome! Didn't know I was google-able. Shipping tomorrow!
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Plate not blare
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Jack1979_imp said:
metalmaven_imp said:
That's awesome! Didn't know I was google-able. Shipping tomorrow!
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Plate not blare
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Plate not blare
yes the plate will de-amish the rear end for sure! lol
 
metalmaven_imp said:
Jack1979_imp said:
metalmaven_imp said:
That's awesome! Didn't know I was google-able. Shipping tomorrow!
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Plate not blare
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Jack1979_imp said:
metalmaven_imp said:
That's awesome! Didn't know I was google-able. Shipping tomorrow!
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Plate not blare
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Plate not blare
yes the plate will de-amish the rear end for sure! lol
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Jack1979_imp said:
metalmaven_imp said:
That's awesome! Didn't know I was google-able. Shipping tomorrow!
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Plate not blare
Thanks, I'm excited to get it and drop the reflectors. It makes the back of the bike look like an Amis buggy with all of them on there. I googled cb1100 licenses blare bracket and it showed up on the images
Plate not blare
yes the plate will de-amish the rear end for sure! lol
Got the bracket installed literally a minute ago. Back end looks so much better thanks a lot :clap:
 
OK So, I had already fabricated the aluminum plate, per ChipBeck's original plan, but I could not find the right mounting bolts and nuts. Any chance that I could purchase just the nuts, bolts, and washers you, metalmaven? As it stands, my plate is slightly bent due to the round headed bolts and the plastic frame bolts look like garbage. Let me know.
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
OK So, I had already fabricated the aluminum plate, per ChipBeck's original plan, but I could not find the right mounting bolts and nuts. Any chance that I could purchase just the nuts, bolts, and washers you, metalmaven? As it stands, my plate is slightly bent due to the round headed bolts and the plastic frame bolts look like garbage. Let me know.
Are you talking about the 2 bolts that mount the plate to the fender?
 
metalmaven_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
OK So, I had already fabricated the aluminum plate, per ChipBeck's original plan, but I could not find the right mounting bolts and nuts. Any chance that I could purchase just the nuts, bolts, and washers you, metalmaven? As it stands, my plate is slightly bent due to the round headed bolts and the plastic frame bolts look like garbage. Let me know.
Are you talking about the 2 bolts that mount the plate to the fender?
Are you talking about the 2 bolts that mount the plate to the fender?
Yes, and the bolts for mounting the frame to the license plate.
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
metalmaven_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
OK So, I had already fabricated the aluminum plate, per ChipBeck's original plan, but I could not find the right mounting bolts and nuts. Any chance that I could purchase just the nuts, bolts, and washers you, metalmaven? As it stands, my plate is slightly bent due to the round headed bolts and the plastic frame bolts look like garbage. Let me know.
Are you talking about the 2 bolts that mount the plate to the fender?
Are you talking about the 2 bolts that mount the plate to the fender?
Yes, and the bolts for mounting the frame to the license plate.
Are you talking about the 2 bolts that mount the plate to the fender?
Yes, and the bolts for mounting the frame to the license plate.
Ok so the 2 bolts that mount the plate to the fender use the existing locknuts and washers that came stock. I can send you the 2 countersunk screws.
I can also send you the plate screws, washers and acorn nuts. Did you only need 2 sets of screws, washers and acorn nuts for the plate itself? I usually send out 4 with my bracket because it covers the whole backside of the license plate and uses 4 screws..
 
I would want the plate screws, and 4 sets for the plate itself. I don't really need all 4 and I may have to add a washer to the bottom two, but I like that it looks complete that way.

Probably should have had this convo in private, so my apologies for hogging the thread.
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
I would want the plate screws, and 4 sets for the plate itself. I don't really need all 4 and I may have to add a washer to the bottom two, but I like that it looks complete that way.

Probably should have had this convo in private, so my apologies for hogging the thread.
Yes sorry I probably should have pm'd you back. Like I just did ;)
 
OK, thanks to metalmaven's excellent craftsmanship and my brothers painting and artistic skills, here's my variation on this license plate theme...

b0cb90e4e5f45b0d13e45bbebf574bed.jpg


ceff13fbf7398925224a3ce3956b9787.jpg


d82b6c4777657f7180d8f16cc65c519c.jpg


And thanks to ChipBeck, as well, for the original concept of this mod.

MTC
 
Ooh wow, looking good there Sea!
 
EmptySea_imp said:
OK, thanks to metalmaven's excellent craftsmanship and my brothers painting and artistic skills, here's my variation on this license plate theme...

b0cb90e4e5f45b0d13e45bbebf574bed.jpg


ceff13fbf7398925224a3ce3956b9787.jpg


d82b6c4777657f7180d8f16cc65c519c.jpg


And thanks to ChipBeck, as well, for the original concept of this mod.

MTC
Sea,

That red back plate looks great. Well done bro!!

Chip
 
Glad I found this thread! In for one. I'll be happy to get that stock abomination of the rear end of my bike. And for less than the drill bits were gonna cost me to fashion one. Thanks!
 
Back
Top