My prescription for the stock License plate bracket

Thread starter
Jonz_imp said:
Hi- I found that 1/4" wire nuts (may not be the correct name-at work we use "Crosby" brand so for 30 years I've called one a crosby) fit on the bungee studs/ bolts. Not the look most folks like, though I do. I've posted a pic of my version of rack & back rest over on the "back rest" thread, I'll put it here also.


What I'm thinking about doing soon is a tail light move so I can fit saddle bags and passenger at the same time. Haven't figured that out yet. This was before paint and with temp paper plate on.

Nice round bar work! Is that stainless? How is the backrest portion for rigidity? Does it flex much when she leans back on it?
 
Thread starter
Just wanted to mention that if you order a License Plate Bracket kit from my etsy store today, I can ship today. I leave town tomorrow for a week, so grab one now if you want it fast. Thanks again everyone!

Etsy Store Link
 
Thread starter
I should clarify, as long as you order by 4:00pm today I can ship today. Tomorrow I leave for vegas bright and early, and man i wish I could bring my CB!!
Teamwalker_imp said:
Ordered! Can't wait to get it.

will ship today thanks!!
 
Received my license plate bracket kit yesterday! Looks to be of great quality. Nicely done metalmaven! And thank you. I hope to get it on the CB today but I have a honey-do list a mile long in preparation for hosting Easter brunch at our house. Still, I should be able to find time to make this happen and snap some pics.
 
I got my official metalmaven license plate bracket installed and snapped a couple of pics. Of course, they were taken with my defective cell phone camera in the confines of my crowded, one-car (two motorcycle) garage. It looks great. To complete the look, I'm going to explore having some rear end rhinoplasty performed. That Lucas tail light someone posted about looks about right. Not interested in LED however. I'll likely stick to regular bulbs.


[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/IMAG1668.jpg.html]
 
Looking good there MG ( I think lol)... Dang aliens
 
Thanks guys. If I can find a tail light assembly that is about half the size of the stock one, I'll be a happy camper. Time to search the forum to see what others have come up with.
 
So far, all I can find in terms of a new tail light assembly that would give me the look I'm after is that hooded Lucas style chrome tail light that redbirds posted about. I really like it but am not keen on drilling new holes into my rear fender. I may be keeping the stock assembly for a while. At least until someone comes up with a direct bolt on option (if that ever happens).
 
Elipten_imp said:
Design it, make it, manufacture it, and sell it. There will be buyers.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You hear that guys?! You tell 'em Elipten. Because surely your message was intended for someone with talent.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Thanks guys. If I can find a tail light assembly that is about half the size of the stock one, I'll be a happy camper. Time to search the forum to see what others have come up with.
Mentally,

You would like the one I put on my CB. Combined with smaller polished aluminum turn signals front & rear, the chrome metal taillight cleans the CB1100 up nicely. Cheers.

Chip

 
That looks great Chip! If I remember correctly, you had to drill new holes in the fender. Is that right? You didn't happen to do one of your famous how-to tutorials for this, did you?
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
That looks great Chip! If I remember correctly, you had to drill new holes in the fender. Is that right? You didn't happen to do one of your famous how-to tutorials for this, did you?
Mentally,

I never got around to doing a full blown "How To" on these items but I should. But I did put up this thread with a lot of photos.

Lockhart Phillips Turn Signals-Lucas Tail Light

The taillight is pretty simple though. There are three holes in your rear fender as it comes stock. One on the top and two way down below. They are spaced so far apart that there is absolutely no way that you'll ever find a smaller aftermarket tail light that bolts right on. It would have to be massive to span the gap between the top hole and the two bottom holes. Look at the underside of your rear fender and you'll see what I mean. So I used the stock top hole with it's rubber gasket and I drilled two 1/4 inch holes for the bottom mounting bolts. The Lucas taillight has its own license plate holder and the license plate rests on top of those two stock holes and covers them. I put a piece of rubber adhesive tape across the two unused stock bottom holes before bolting the license plate on. Cheers.

Chip
 
Thread starter
Hi guys I just wanted to make sure everyone who ordered a license plate bracket from me knew about the acorn nuts bottoming out if you don't use a license plate frame. If you do not use a frame, you will simply need to add a washer to each of the four license plate screws. Hopefully you have some washers, if not, I can send you some. No charge of course! I apologize, hey now I know ha ha.. I would also really like to see some pictures all mounted up!

Happy trails, jeff.
 
Back
Top