My prescription for the stock License plate bracket

You know, outside of this being a very cool and very affordable mod, I have to say here that Jeff (metalmaven) is about the nicest guy you'll ever deal with, too.
:thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
DGShannon_imp said:
metalmaven_imp said:
cmyk_imp said:
Awesome!

Ordering mine shortly.

Any word on a back rest from anyone? My wife can't take more than 30-40 minutes on the back as it stands now, but any existing backrest options in the wild are pretty terrible.
I finished a backrest prototype and will be kicking out a few with improvements later on. At this rate I am guessing in the spring but could be sooner.
What we need next is for you to go to Cone Engineering and grab the stainless steel 18" Quiet Core muffler, the 18 degree mandrel bent tube section, and then weld and finish them into custom CB1100 exhausts...

Mufflers:
[url=http://www.coneeng.com/pdf/motorcycle/MC-finished-Mufflers.pdf]http://www.coneeng.com/pdf/motorcycle/MC-finished-Mufflers.pdf


Mandrel Tubing:
http://www.coneeng.com/pdf/Header Kits, Tubing and Bends PDF.pdf
What we need next is for you to go to Cone Engineering and grab the stainless steel 18" Quiet Core muffler, the 18 degree mandrel bent tube section, and then weld and finish them into custom CB1100 exhausts...

Mufflers:
[url=http://www.coneeng.com/pdf/motorcycle/MC-finished-Mufflers.pdf]http://www.coneeng.com/pdf/motorcycle/MC-finished-Mufflers.pdf


Mandrel Tubing:
http://www.coneeng.com/pdf/Header Kits, Tubing and Bends PDF.pdf
I was looking at that site a couple months ago.. Making a custom exhaust is on the list bro! Not sure when, but this bike is just a little too quiet and that would be a fun project!
 
Bought it. Received in Cali in less than a week. Installed it in 5 minutes. The quality is fantastic and plate looks WAY better than before. Great upgrade for a reasonable cost. Thanks metalmaven!!! and keep the good work!
 
Thread starter
Hatred66_imp said:
Bought it. Received in Cali in less than a week. Installed it in 5 minutes. The quality is fantastic and plate looks WAY better than before. Great upgrade for a reasonable cost. Thanks metalmaven!!! and keep the good work!
Sweet man, thanks for the support!
 
G'day and welcome Hatred66. Not sure your first post matches your handle in tone, but your avatar's impressive and metalmaven says you're a sweet man.

Why not pop over to the New Members section and introduce yourself?
 
Thread starter
Southpaw50_imp said:
Just ordered mine. Looking forward to receiving it. It will be a definate improvement over the one I fabricated last year.
Thanks for ordering by 10am. I was able to ship it out today! Enjoy and post pics<<<< :biker:
 
metalmaven_imp said:
Hi guys, I mentioned that I will be making a few things for my 2014 CB110 and I finally got my first piece! Its a plate to replace the stock reflector bracket, I mean license plate bracket ;-)

I actually made two of these, and as some of you may know I have been doing custom metalwork since 1996. So here is a link to my Etsy Store where I have one for sale. Please check it out.

I plan on making more if the demand is out there.

Etsy Link


This is exactly what I've been looking for! Any chance of getting one? This is the one part of the bike that drives me crazy!
 
Metalmaven hasn't been on line in about 6 months. If I recall he had ceased making them.
 
Back
Top