FORUM NEW LOOK

How so? Looks the same on my iPad.
 
Ok, what are you up to?
 
Who gave PB administrator privileges?

Ferret / Cormanus: It is still essentially deep winter up here. PB could be into sampling something, but ain't sharin'. I wouldn't worry too much. It's been hard this winter, especially the conflicts with RLETs and the like.
 
Thread starter
sorry but mine look different, here you have few pics::

ea6e107de7f5587e7e44b302d286135f.jpg


2ebf1f5e14a95b4d284b92b06d5b8e14.jpg


b036ff5038aece6c70e326570217b6eb.jpg


:huh:
 
Looks a little different than mine. THat's strange
 
Thread starter
Sure it is, I never had this before, all lines/squares/dividers are missing..
 
The time date on the lower left is also different than mine which has date and time in a gray bar at the top of the post. Also no post number unless PB just cut that off when copying the page.
 
Thread starter
have not done anything at all, it just changed within a fraction of a second, posts numbers are present
 
PB: I am wondering if your experience is localized.

Software/browser recently upgraded? Computer or browser needs a restart? Some other impediment occurring on your machine? Too much rye tonight? (it has been a hard winter)

Site appears typical, for me anyway.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
PB: I am wondering if your experience is localized.

Software/browser recently upgraded? Computer or browser needs a restart? Some other impediment occurring on your machine? Too much rye tonight? (it has been a hard winter)

Site appears typical, for me anyway.
All nonsense, and I do not drink at all...
 
When was the last time your browser was restarted (all tabbed windows closed)?

Browsers allocate an incredible amount of memory and if there is a fault within an allocation, artifacts like you may be experiencing can occur. A reboot of the application (all instances killed), or simply a machine restart typically can rectify that. An extreme case would be to flush your browser cache.
 
Either do I pb, but sometimes I wish I did lol
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
When was the last time your browser was restarted (all tabbed windows closed)?

Browsers allocate an incredible amount of memory and if there is a fault within an allocation, artifacts like you may be experiencing can occur. A reboot of the application (all instances killed), or simply a machine restart typically can rectify that. An extreme case would be to flush your browser cache.
Last time was February 31, and pc problems, I rectify by dish washing it..
 
(03-02-2019 09:09 PM)peterbaron Wrote: (03-02-2019 08:56 PM)GoldOxide Wrote:When was the last time your browser was restarted (all tabbed windows closed)?

Browsers allocate an incredible amount of memory and if there is a fault within an allocation, artifacts like you may be experiencing can occur. A reboot of the application (all instances killed), or simply a machine restart typically can rectify that. An extreme case would be to flush your browser cache.
Last time was February 31, and pc problems, I rectify by dish washing it..
Lol - I would dish wash anything on February 31 too. :)

I hope your issue has fixed itself.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
(03-02-2019 09:09 PM)peterbaron Wrote: (03-02-2019 08:56 PM)GoldOxide Wrote:When was the last time your browser was restarted (all tabbed windows closed)?

Browsers allocate an incredible amount of memory and if there is a fault within an allocation, artifacts like you may be experiencing can occur. A reboot of the application (all instances killed), or simply a machine restart typically can rectify that. An extreme case would be to flush your browser cache.
Last time was February 31, and pc problems, I rectify by dish washing it..
Lol - I would dish wash anything on February 31 too. :)

I hope your issue has fixed itself.
Last time was February 31, and pc problems, I rectify by dish washing it..
Lol - I would dish wash anything on February 31 too. :)

I hope your issue has fixed itself.
No, it has not, also last week I momentary had more emojis, and then suddenly went back to normal number, strange
 
PB: I noticed you also had browser Microsoft Explorer (or Microsoft Edge - hard to tell from the icon in your lower tray). If you used that, are your experiences similar?

So far I am suspecting Chrome or some related dependency might be problematic, but it would be useful to determine if the problem follows you to another browser.
 
Thread starter
My apple crashed last week, will have to take care of it soon, now I am using my Dell laptop, all have chrome and ie browsers
 
peterbaron_imp said:
My apple crashed last week, will have to take care of it soon, now I am using my Dell laptop, all have chrome and ie browsers
Give IE a whirl to see if the problem follows. If not, consider flushing the Chrome cache/history.

For the record, I use a Dell and Chrome with Windoze 10 for daily personal junk. This has been the case for years now. The combination has been surprisingly stable and I reboot rarely (mostly after a Windows update push?), and I never turn off. That said, maybe once a year I have to flush the Chrome browser out because of stupid crazy behaviours not too different from what you experienced. And that does the fix.
 
Back
Top