FORUM NEW LOOK

Is this what yours looks like, Ferret?

d6b0843e68cacc285716b5e328067147.jpg
 
On my iPad if I ‘request the desktop site’ I get a display similar to Cormanus’ post above. It says Forum new look Printable version.
 
Are you implying the hosting service has upgraded some of the underlying tools that effect mobile and/or desktop presentation? That is a possibility, and is something the admins may not know, or at least would be notified of a possible server upgrade.

If so, I haven't noticed the change.

However, over the past couple of weeks I have noticed a few "glitches" in some pages, but so far I have currently wrote those off as browser bugs trying to handle some postings with extra wide embedded images.

Ah, indeed ... this looks to be a similar problem to your third image in post #5



Noticed how the browser panel suddenly provides vertical and horizontal sliders for panning of the page. This is a bug in handling some artifact on likely some other page/posting you recently visited. To restore browser state, restart the browser but do not restore previous pages, or restart your computer. You may still need to clear your cache, but can probably do as a last resort.

This appears to be your browser handling specific served pages.

Therefore, there are no changes in how or the style of the Forum pages posted. I suspect the hosting service would notify administrators of any upgrades that would happen (maybe).
 
Thread starter
No difference today, still has a newer look, everything operates normally so far, including Forum site. Computer was turned off.
I flush it often, no changes, update from my side at all, as I do not fool around with any of my laptops. On Tuesday, I will check my counter top computer at work.

My iPhone 6 still has "original " look
Printable version , I do not see any difference = same look as before, "original"

If you go to Who's online, can you see each member time ???

I also see from time to time some postings with extra wide embedded images..
 
You guys are way smarter than me when it comes to this computer stuff. If that happened to me pb, I'd call either my son or my son in law (both in IT) lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
You guys are way smarter than me when it comes to this computer stuff. If that happened to me pb, I'd call either my son or my son in law (both in IT) lol
lol ... IT I am not.

I was [un]lucky enough to experience a few times in the past weeks on the CB1100 Forum. I knew my case it was browser-related, dealt with it, and then forgot about it. Given PB was using Chrome, it seemed to align with my [forgotten] episodes.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
You guys are way smarter than me when it comes to this computer stuff. If that happened to me pb, I'd call either my son or my son in law (both in IT) lol
Ferret, believe me I am NOT computer smart, this is my weakest spot. All I care is if I click, I'll get results.
Anything more complicated, I call my son or my friend, a computer expert. So far these two always resolved my problems..lol
I'll get it fix, no worries, just have more important errands to do, operation, vacation and retirement plans...
 
I find slight differences between Chrome and the Safari or Firefox browsers on my MacBook. However, it's always been this way in my experience.
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
I find slight differences between Chrome and the Safari or Firefox browsers on my MacBook. However, it's always been this way in my experience.
OK, thanks for your explanation.
I am getting used to this new look
 
Thread starter
Update....
Just got back my MacBook Air and is fixed = everything went back to normal, so Forum new look is just a normal old look. Had no idea what was wrong, my computer friend rectified everything :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top