2020 KAWASAKI W800 REVIEW: RETRO MOTORCYCLE (14 FAST FACTS)

Wisedrum_imp said:
Not a 2020 W800 but one out of 2011.

My last ride before the shutdown? Hopefully not. There's a sword of Damocles hanging over my country and everywhere.





Wisedrum
"And with a leap, he was free."
 
Count me amongst those who also pondered the W650 at one point. That of course was before the CB1100 came along. I no longer pine for a bike such as this now, but still like the look. The one thing that I do prefer about the W800 over the W650 is the "W" tank badging. But if I were going to add a W to my garage it would be one of these (for sale up in Seattle):

 
Guth_imp said:
Count me amongst those who also pondered the W650 at one point. That of course was before the CB1100 came along. I no longer pine for a bike such as this now, but still like the look. The one thing that I do prefer about the W800 over the W650 is the "W" tank badging. But if I were going to add a W to my garage it would be one of these (for sale up in Seattle):



That linked w650 for $5,000...my internet search says original msrp was $6500 for these. If that's correct, these have held their price nicely.
 
Yep. When I was searching for used ones many years ago, for a minty one like this you could expect to pay around $4,500 if I recall correctly. Supply and demand
 
^^ this one^^ is beautifully coloured, not to say perfect ...like a "little" 2 cyl CB1100 :thumbsup:
 
But why red? Darn that could be stable mate for the Honda (if I actually had the money and the stable space), but I can't have 2 red bikes at the same time.
 
pdedse_imp said:
But why red? Darn that could be stable mate for the Honda (if I actually had the money and the stable space), but I can't have 2 red bikes at the same time.
Agree, and nothing wrong with twin reds, Pdedse
 


pdedse_imp said:
But why red? Darn that could be stable mate for the Honda (if I actually had the money and the stable space), but I can't have 2 red bikes at the same time.
I wager Takashi could fix you up with the green tank and side covers they are getting in Japan.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
But why red? Darn that could be stable mate for the Honda (if I actually had the money and the stable space), but I can't have 2 red bikes at the same time.
Agree, and nothing wrong with twin reds, Pdedse
Yeah, if Ginger had a twin...but two red bikes? At the same time?? I'm still thinking that blue tank for my '17ex at some point.

That red w800 is like honda doing a deep green cb1100 as it's initial color of choice.
baxtercat_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
But why red? Darn that could be stable mate for the Honda (if I actually had the money and the stable space), but I can't have 2 red bikes at the same time.
I wager Takashi could fix you up with the green tank and side covers they are getting in Japan.
Thar she blows! And dark rims / spokes and that would be about my dream color scheme.
 
That Kawasaki dark green is just lovely in the flesh.
 
pdedse_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
But why red? Darn that could be stable mate for the Honda (if I actually had the money and the stable space), but I can't have 2 red bikes at the same time.
Agree, and nothing wrong with twin reds, Pdedse
Yeah, if Ginger had a twin...but two red bikes? At the same time?? I'm still thinking that blue tank for my '17ex at some point.

That red w800 is like honda doing a deep green cb1100 as it's initial color of choice.
baxtercat_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
But why red? Darn that could be stable mate for the Honda (if I actually had the money and the stable space), but I can't have 2 red bikes at the same time.
I wager Takashi could fix you up with the green tank and side covers they are getting in Japan.
Thar she blows! And dark rims / spokes and that would be about my dream color scheme.
Yeah, if Ginger had a twin...but two red bikes? At the same time?? I'm still thinking that blue tank for my '17ex at some point.
That red w800 is like honda doing a deep green cb1100 as it's initial color of choice.
baxtercat_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
But why red? Darn that could be stable mate for the Honda (if I actually had the money and the stable space), but I can't have 2 red bikes at the same time.
I wager Takashi could fix you up with the green tank and side covers they are getting in Japan.
Thar she blows! And dark rims / spokes and that would be about my dream color scheme.
This is how I judged from the pics:
silver = no emotion at all
red = very nice and exited about it
green = nice, but its green colour was not properly exposed due to light and angle when the pic (dark) was taken.
Summary: green and red would be my choice, but have to see it in real prior deciding.
 
The W800/1's green is sort of british racing green but has goldflakes in it sparkling in the sun. And of course the tank is beige at the sides too. All very lovely and nice to look at as the whole bike. It's also very delightful to go out on a ride with W800. I now do so again.

Wisedrum
 
Was nearly laying on the floor for the pic asking myself, what I'm doing here? Riding in or into the crisis, both? But keeping distance to each and everyone. As a biker one of the easiest things to do.

Wisedrum
 
Beautiful colour...and your spirit reflecting, Wisedrum :)
In about 1976, I had a 250cc with almost identical custom paint colour. Good, old times
 
Back
Top