2020 KAWASAKI W800 REVIEW: RETRO MOTORCYCLE (14 FAST FACTS)

Ahh yes, the lovely Kawa W's...
I loved my 650..swore it was a keeper but then the touring bug took hold and I lusted after an FJR and could not afford one without sacrifices!

I loved the fact that as a standard bike it is very characterful but it's also a blank canvas should you want to express yourself..
dd0cf0baff48e930de7c956b9992d042.jpg

dda492f0bcfe3b985b4b18d1e61442ff.jpg

be441839620127c9127499d656c64661.jpg

The above is owned by the former BSB Superbike Champ James Whitham

My Pale Olive green over Silver..
82ab4732bd08030fcbb708f5558ee671.jpg


I personally loved this Special Edition colour combo..
dd4b4f02008a7da7b7504d1cd4a1b058.jpg


This was my favourite standard colour scheme, Maroon over pale gold (We never got this one in the UK)
697aef4ec330d2e0cec43bda4082893d.jpg


JT
 
Saw my first W800 on the road near where I live yesterday. Met it head on and could tell by the front profile it was something “nostalgic”. Good looking bike.
Last week, I stopped in at Iron Pony Motorsports in Westerville OH. They had three 2022’s on the sales floor. $9,199
My wife is patient but not to that degree.
eff7664bb6cc0eb25a43fef53a9557c8.jpg





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I’ve a w800 Street (not sold in USA) which i bought for all the good reasons posted before in this thread. Now i’m selling her cause I’ve bought a 1100 EX.
The w800 is a nice bike to live with, easy handling, not much power but good torque to live on the quiet zone. Cruises nicely at 70 mph but she’s best at back routes where she does convert the rider in a happy, no hurry, chap!
 
Classico_imp said:
I’ve a w800 Street (not sold in USA) which i bought for all the good reasons posted before in this thread. Now i’m selling her cause I’ve bought a 1100 EX.
The w800 is a nice bike to live with, easy handling, not much power but good torque to live on the quiet zone. Cruises nicely at 70 mph but she’s best at back routes where she does convert the rider in a happy, no hurry, chap!
Yes, that's its forte alright. Took one out for the day a couple of weekends ago, absolutely loved it.
 
mtneers_imp said:
Saw my first W800 on the road near where I live yesterday. Met it head on and could tell by the front profile it was something “nostalgic”. Good looking bike.
Last week, I stopped in at Iron Pony Motorsports in Westerville OH. They had three 2022’s on the sales floor. $9,199
My wife is patient but not to that degree.
eff7664bb6cc0eb25a43fef53a9557c8.jpg





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you think of the W800 café sitting next to the red on the showroom floor?
 
pdedse_imp said:
mtneers_imp said:
Saw my first W800 on the road near where I live yesterday. Met it head on and could tell by the front profile it was something “nostalgic”. Good looking bike.
Last week, I stopped in at Iron Pony Motorsports in Westerville OH. They had three 2022’s on the sales floor. $9,199
My wife is patient but not to that degree.
eff7664bb6cc0eb25a43fef53a9557c8.jpg





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you think of the W800 café sitting next to the red on the showroom floor?
What did you think of the W800 café sitting next to the red on the showroom floor?

Nice bike but my preference is the red one…much more nostalgic looking than the cafe.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Sweet deal for sure.

If it weren't so low in height (like the CB1100), I'd be after that W800. Mind you, I'd still have the CB too. ┐( ∵ )┌
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
hot diggity....i've been on record saying the w800 is NOT a good purchase at its regular MSRP but at that price....i'd buy one for sure.
I got my 2020 left-over cafe version for 6k sept of last year...brand new. It was weird...the same place I bought mine 2 weeks later and they had the regular msrp price of 9300 on another one. I remember this dealership had a '20 red one for 6400 for a time a year ago...was so tempted to buy it but didn't want two red bikes.
 
In Germany new W800 can easily reach a list price of up to 11.000€ today. Way too much in my eyes, the eyes of a W800 rider. You will buy a W800 because you like this special retro bike and not because it's relative well and low priced. It isn't.
 
Back
Top