Your Last Bike Before the CB?



My Speed Triple had to go to make room for the CB1100.

I liked it for what it could do, but I never 'bonded' with it..
The CB1100, on the other hand, is fer life !
 
Added to the stable. Sold a Motoguzzi V7 Stone 6 months ago (LOVED the bike, but just too small for me ergonomically, not a single problem). Sold a DR650 around the same time. Bought a Triumph Scrambler
 
I had a marvelous bike.. An 04' BMW R1150R.

Sold in a moment of need and regretted it immediately.. However, thanks to the CB, I don't regret it anymore.

 
Sold a 2009 KLR 650 to a friend but not specifically to make room for the CB. Shopping now for another dual sport . Still have the Moto Guzzi V7R I had before the CB showed up. It's amazing the amount of attention this thing gets. I have people chasing me down roads to get next to me to take pics and ask questions at red lights. Kind of disconcerting at times, especially in traffic. I have folks occasionally ask about the CB but the Guzzi will literally draw crowds at coffee shops/restaurants.

25525de232cad96fd565f193f45082ea.jpg
 
Hello Papa Weeley. Love the FZ1. Been looking for a nice early model. I guess the only bike I got rid of to make room was a DR650. Now I regret it and am looking for another dual sport. It is an addiction.:rolleyes:
 
A 1989 Suzuki GS500. My first bike. Had it for 2 years to make sure I enjoyed riding as much as I thought I would. Dropped it at least twice. Sold it for the same price I paid for it. Got tired of it being in the shop more than on the road. Rusty fuel tank and lines was the biggest issue. I certainly don't miss carbs but I did love that bike.
0d73f3d18fc7c15a30fcc442c071b026.jpg
 
Toro5xi_imp said:
Hello Papa Weeley. Love the FZ1. Been looking for a nice early model. I guess the only bike I got rid of to make room was a DR650. Now I regret it and am looking for another dual sport. It is an addiction.:rolleyes:
:thumbsup:
 
Looks to me like Edward wants to eat them.
 
924219845b7ce8f905a914ba125ba6aa.jpg


2010 H-D XR1200

Great rider but the first bike I ever had to have towed...then a second time! Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, eh?

Wanted the CB 1100 when I bought the XR, but had never owned a Harley and was feeling patriotic at the time I guess. So glad I have the CB1100 now. Previously owned a couple of WeeStroms (a definite fave), ST1100, BMW GS's (3), a couple of modern Bonnevilles and many more older low displacement bikes when I was young.

Also ride vintage Lambrettas - my Serveta Jet 200

e71fbf2950714f7b56b75104dab71acc.jpg
 
1986 Kawasaki Vulcan 750.
Dad bought it new in 1987, and I used to ride on the back of it. Convinced him to let me take it off his hands when he stopped riding. Didn't have the heart to sell it when I bought my CB. So I have both.
b148afd47ac441622503f0cd5d86130f.jpg



Sent from an undisclosed location
 
2007 Buell XB12X Ulysses (sorry, no photos hosted). Before that, a Buell XB9R. Traded the R for a yamaha cruiser I had for like an afternoon, but couldn't stand to ride a motorcycle shy of the 100hp line. Got the Uy because I needed the muscle with space for two, and really wanted to get more into the touring scene. But Buell and EBR have all but collapsed and I'm not confident enough with a wrench to keep it alive. Anyway, at some point I read Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance and had been looking into retro standards. Came across this bike without even knowing it was a real thing, and left the same day on it. I can guarantee, baring some catastrophic failure or the bankrupt of the Honda Motor Corp. that I will never get rid of this bike. I don't miss the extra hp and absolutely love everything else.
 
Dharma_Jones93_imp said:
2007 Buell XB12X Ulysses (sorry, no photos hosted). Before that, a Buell XB9R. Traded the R for a yamaha cruiser I had for like an afternoon, but couldn't stand to ride a motorcycle shy of the 100hp line. Got the Uy because I needed the muscle with space for two, and really wanted to get more into the touring scene. But Buell and EBR have all but collapsed and I'm not confident enough with a wrench to keep it alive. Anyway, at some point I read Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance and had been looking into retro standards. Came across this bike without even knowing it was a real thing, and left the same day on it. I can guarantee, baring some catastrophic failure or the bankrupt of the Honda Motor Corp. that I will never get rid of this bike. I don't miss the extra hp and absolutely love everything else.
Funny how that seems to work on the CB! I too have had Buell, as well a big twin KTM SuperDuke. Loads of torque and horsepower, but traded it all for the sheer personality and pleasure of the CB1100.
 
Where did you get that helmet? :P
 
Back
Top