Your Last Bike Before the CB?

Cormanus_imp said:
Where did you get that helmet? :P
That is my fedora, originally purchased at Fagmans in Chicago that I found in an antique barn up in the Mission peninsula in Grand Traverse Bay. It was most likely made in the mid fifties. I understand that Shoie is now coming out with a replica.:rolleyes:
 
Great looking bike Dailyrider. 92,000 mile eh? very cool!
 
Convoluted story. When I sold my GL1500 Roadsmith trike to a fella from up near Dallas, he brought a friend who saw my 2004 Triumph America. He lusted over the America. The guy is in his mid-70s and had once rode two-up with his wife on a 2001 HD FLHTCUI but she passed away and the Harley sat in his garage for a few years and got dusty. He offered to trade me straight up and I went with it as the Triumph is worth about $3-4K and the Harley $6K. I spent a couple weeks making some small repairs and detailing the Harley to sell so I could buy something I wanted which was a CB1100. Sold the Harley for a bit over $6K and paid cash for the CB1100 which is in great condition (as should be a 2013 with few miles).


Here is the Harley I sold. Never actually rode it except to make sure things were right with the bike.

 
I had this 1982 CB750C for a couple months. I purchased it for the sole purpose of finding parking at school plus I had been without a bike for a couple years. It was a great bike other than pod filters filling with water in heavy rain and bad brakes.

3c4543507c7668213a86666674c5268e.jpg
 
Do dirt bikes count? Haven't seen one on here yet so here is my former beast. '97 CR500 had it back late 90's early 2000's. Sold it before I killed(or worse)myself on it, thought about getting much more tame like an XR600. Just figured anything less would be a letdown. Some will say you don't need that much power for trail riding, but when you get over 10,000 ft. smaller bikes will literally quit on you but never had that happen on my CR. Fast forward a dozen or so yrs. I'm sitting here playing on my puter and found out Honda was making a basic motorcycle that you sit upright on and minus a couple hundred lbs. of plastic. I decided right there I am getting a bike. So glad I did.
 
I sold my Yamaha Bolt (XV950) and bought the CB. The Yamaha was a great stripped down, bare/basic bike. Pretty cool if you're into the air-cooled vtwin sportster style. The CB is more my "type" of bike, and I really think the build quality is one of the best out there. Not that there was any problems with my Yamaha, it never let me down and was always reliable. It also had really good torque at low revs (right off idle it pulls pretty hard) but not much HP on top. It has the traditional vtwin rumble which was pretty cool.

 
Someone closed my thread I created about getting rid of my CB :( So I suppose I'll join this thread!
As mentioned before, I think the CB is absolutely beautiful, and simply smooth. As another rider stated, you will just connect with a bike, unfortunately that hasn't happened with me and the CB.

I has a vfr2010 that was a real hoot, but even at 6 foot 1, I felt like it was quite a reach to get to teh handlebars. That bike carved corners wonderfully.

In all the bikes I have had, the Grom has been the only one that has kept me. If anyone has a chance for some silly fun, grab one, slap a corbin on it, and enjoy 125mpg at WOT! :)
dailyrider_imp said:
I loved this bike. Sold it with 92,000 miles on it after I bought the CB 1100.
359676c6c7d2198588395c7607b610a6.jpg
Oh man! I miss my f4i too. It was my very first bike, and Mom was not impressed when I asked to stick it in the garage!

I didn't ride it for long as I didn't enjoy the crowd it drew. Everyone was always asking if I wanted to race, especially since I was in college at the time. Dopes in their Ford Taurus' and Honda Civics.....and of course other turds on their crotch rockets as well. No thanks, I just want to ride! Smooth smooth smooth!
 
309antonios_imp said:
Someone closed my thread I created about getting rid of my CB :( So I suppose I'll join this thread!
As mentioned before, I think the CB is absolutely beautiful, and simply smooth. As another rider stated, you will just connect with a bike, unfortunately that hasn't happened with me and the CB.

I has a vfr2010 that was a real hoot, but even at 6 foot 1, I felt like it was quite a reach to get to teh handlebars. That bike carved corners wonderfully.

In all the bikes I have had, the Grom has been the only one that has kept me. If anyone has a chance for some silly fun, grab one, slap a corbin on it, and enjoy 125mpg at WOT! :)
dailyrider_imp said:
I loved this bike. Sold it with 92,000 miles on it after I bought the CB 1100.
359676c6c7d2198588395c7607b610a6.jpg
Oh man! I miss my f4i too. It was my very first bike, and Mom was not impressed when I asked to stick it in the garage!

I didn't ride it for long as I didn't enjoy the crowd it drew. Everyone was always asking if I wanted to race, especially since I was in college at the time. Dopes in their Ford Taurus' and Honda Civics.....and of course other turds on their crotch rockets as well. No thanks, I just want to ride! Smooth smooth smooth!
Your thread seems to be alive and well.
 
Dont have a pic to post but traded my 2002 Harley Softtail (carbed model) with FL hard bags, for my CB.
I just prefer a standard over a cruiser.
Back in the late 70's early 80's I had a 68 Honda 305 scrambler that carried me many miles and on many adventures
so the brand has stuck.
I love the CB, but want to put an XR650L in the stable for some adventure riding.
 
2007 F800ST....A great-riding bike, but probably the worst-built machine I'll ever own (with terrible customer service to match).
BMW would need to come out with something truly incredible if they were to ever earn my business again.
 
Back
Top