peterbaron
Road warrior
WOW, what a collection!!!, looks like I was having an old data..time to visit soon to update 



Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.


And I had 2 CBX I thought it was a lot! Congrats Lash, I love the gold.peterbaron_imp said:WOW, what a collection!!!, looks like I was having an old data..time to visit soon to update
![]()
And I had 2 CBX I thought it was a lot! Congrats Lash, I love the gold.Alain Lee_imp said:And I had 2 CBX I thought it was a lot! Congrats Lash, I love the gold.peterbaron_imp said:WOW, what a collection!!!, looks like I was having an old data..time to visit soon to update
![]()
Let me know PB, I will accompany you with my camera.
Regards
Alain

I’m at 6 right now, maybe do a brown one next..lash_imp said:I’m at 6 right now, maybe do a brown one next..Cormanus_imp said:That's lovely too, lash. That's 5 CB750s?
:beerchug:lash_imp said:Ninemeister,tools and talent, wow! Nice work!
Peter, if you Alain and Go want to come up next season when its warm, no problem and after we can get out for a ride


(+1)lash_imp said:Ninemeister,tools and talent, wow! Nice work!
Peter, if you Alain and Go want to come up next season when its warm, no problem and after we can get out for a ride

Well spotted!Houtman_imp said:Nine , is that a Warco bench grinder on your work bench ? , mine is 40 years old and still working great .
I used to race radio controlled model power boats, which to be honest were somewhat akin to a guided missile. With a lot of help and encouragement from my friend Brian I managed to win a British Championship, however that was nothing compared to my other mate Dave who went on to become multiple FSR World Champion. Brian was the one who gave me his dad's old lathe which I put to good use making my own engine components. All good fun, but gave it all up when I got into cars big time...Houtman_imp said:I bought my Warco bench grinder in the late seventies or early eighties at a toy makers exhibition in London . I was never good in making toy models but the show had unbelievable models of cars , bikes, boats , trains and other things.
GoldOxide_imp said:Yeah, I don't understand well into the 21st century that Honda would let rust happen to that extent. Nevertheless, it would appear 9 has nailed that issue for the time being.
Yup, good spot, it's a coarse wire brush. Was very useful to remove the dirt and heavy corrosion, but nowhere near as effective as the coarse production paper.peterbaron_imp said:Picture #3, a read handle of wire brush,,, a lot of rust on the inner fender side, never had on my ‘13 nor ‘14 either??
Bazbro_imp said:I bought my 2018 EX in February, 2019. It had been slightly damaged in an accident within a week or so of purchase. As I was repairing it, I was extremely concerned at the amount of rust I was finding, in places where quite frankly, there should NEVER be any rust and certainly not on a Honda.
See my thread on the handlebar replacement (rust in the wingmirror mount)... http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14415
Or the rust on the grabrail and in the rear mudguard... http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....254&page=6
Remember, this is on a 'bike that was barely six months and 160 miles old!!
An added problem for riders in the UK is the rotten weather at all times of the year and the large quantities of salt strewn on the road when ice threatens. Even so, this partucular 'bike had not been subject to this.
So beware of rust...
GoldOxide_imp said:Bazbro_imp said:I bought my 2018 EX in February, 2019. It had been slightly damaged in an accident within a week or so of purchase. As I was repairing it, I was extremely concerned at the amount of rust I was finding, in places where quite frankly, there should NEVER be any rust and certainly not on a Honda.
See my thread on the handlebar replacement (rust in the wingmirror mount)... http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14415
Or the rust on the grabrail and in the rear mudguard... http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....254&page=6
Remember, this is on a 'bike that was barely six months and 160 miles old!!
An added problem for riders in the UK is the rotten weather at all times of the year and the large quantities of salt strewn on the road when ice threatens. Even so, this partucular 'bike had not been subject to this.
So beware of rust...
Bazbro: I have read much of the same from your Honda Africa Twin UK brethren. They simply can't believe an ADV bike rust rotting so quickly. They appear torn blaming the UK climate and Honda cheapening on materials. On the flip-side, south western state 'mericans as questioning, "Rust? What's that?" (maybe Cormanus too). One would think that Honda United Kingdom would get Hondas specially conditioned to resist the rather damp environment.
GoldOxide_imp said:Bazbro_imp said:I bought my 2018 EX in February, 2019. It had been slightly damaged in an accident within a week or so of purchase. As I was repairing it, I was extremely concerned at the amount of rust I was finding, in places where quite frankly, there should NEVER be any rust and certainly not on a Honda.
See my thread on the handlebar replacement (rust in the wingmirror mount)... http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14415
Or the rust on the grabrail and in the rear mudguard... http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....254&page=6
Remember, this is on a 'bike that was barely six months and 160 miles old!!
An added problem for riders in the UK is the rotten weather at all times of the year and the large quantities of salt strewn on the road when ice threatens. Even so, this partucular 'bike had not been subject to this.
So beware of rust...
Bazbro: I have read much of the same from your Honda Africa Twin UK brethren. They simply can't believe an ADV bike rust rotting so quickly. They appear torn blaming the UK climate and Honda cheapening on materials. On the flip-side, south western state 'mericans as questioning, "Rust? What's that?" (maybe Cormanus too). One would think that Honda United Kingdom would get Hondas specially conditioned to resist the rather damp environment.