Bazbro_imp
Road warrior

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

I hear ya.Ninemeister_imp said:I hear ya.GoldOxide_imp said:I hear ya.Houtman_imp said:I think that Peter likes the fumes of the epoxy paints....
To be honest I like the smell of oils and other "garage" odors .
I don't want to get going on that thought.
Must, ..., stay, ... on, ... K10, ... tuh, ... pick. (br-ane, ..., iz, ... her, ... tin.)
I don't want to get going on that thought.
Must, ..., stay, ... on, ... K10, ... tuh, ... pick. (br-ane, ..., iz, ... her, ... tin.)
I hear ya.
Here you go, a little sketch I did for Baz's K17 project:
Bazbro_imp said:Ah the paint job.... soon... soooon...![]()
:rofl:Houtman_imp said:I am getting high just reading about Nine's bike !
for the job done right!!peterbaron_imp said:The photos are off the internet PB, so both are just chrome & black reflecting their surroundings.Ninemeister_imp said:The photos are off the internet PB, so both are just chrome & black reflecting their surroundings.peterbaron_imp said:That 2nd pic, greenish/bluish colour does not appeal to me.
Yes to the last pic, black, on a lighter/contrast colour panels.
Your project + your decision = you'll love it.
I've honestly not decided yet.
My thoughts are that the 1150 appeals more as it sounds similar to 750 when said, but I prefer the oem look & quality of the 1100 badge. White House took the easy/cheap route by using a chrome/black decal with the "four" off a 750 badge which is surprising given the cost of the kit.
I guess what I'm saying is that I want an 1150 badge that looks like the 1100 version, but can't find one (yet). Worst case, I suppose I could have some made.
I've honestly not decided yet.
My thoughts are that the 1150 appeals more as it sounds similar to 750 when said, but I prefer the oem look & quality of the 1100 badge. White House took the easy/cheap route by using a chrome/black decal with the "four" off a 750 badge which is surprising given the cost of the kit.
I guess what I'm saying is that I want an 1150 badge that looks like the 1100 version, but can't find one (yet). Worst case, I suppose I could have some made.
OK, I got it.
I would say, you should first get the major things painted and assembled.
Then you can play with any smaller accents like badges to see how these play to your liking. Knowing the internet and colour printing power, you can even print them out and place a badge on your side panel prior buying. Have a thin cardboard behind it to imitate 3D. Take a look at it from a distance. Sure is not the same as a real badge but at least you can see how your eye and brain react to it.
I believe that in many cases, the first snapped picture that remains in your brain is what you may look for, desire or like...just a thought.
Also, you have to filter too many advisors...like me![]()
Ninemeister_imp said:peterbaron_imp said:The photos are off the internet PB, so both are just chrome & black reflecting their surroundings.Ninemeister_imp said:The photos are off the internet PB, so both are just chrome & black reflecting their surroundings.peterbaron_imp said:That 2nd pic, greenish/bluish colour does not appeal to me.
Yes to the last pic, black, on a lighter/contrast colour panels.
Your project + your decision = you'll love it.
I've honestly not decided yet.
My thoughts are that the 1150 appeals more as it sounds similar to 750 when said, but I prefer the oem look & quality of the 1100 badge. White House took the easy/cheap route by using a chrome/black decal with the "four" off a 750 badge which is surprising given the cost of the kit.
I guess what I'm saying is that I want an 1150 badge that looks like the 1100 version, but can't find one (yet). Worst case, I suppose I could have some made.
I've honestly not decided yet.
My thoughts are that the 1150 appeals more as it sounds similar to 750 when said, but I prefer the oem look & quality of the 1100 badge. White House took the easy/cheap route by using a chrome/black decal with the "four" off a 750 badge which is surprising given the cost of the kit.
I guess what I'm saying is that I want an 1150 badge that looks like the 1100 version, but can't find one (yet). Worst case, I suppose I could have some made.
OK, I got it.
I would say, you should first get the major things painted and assembled.
Then you can play with any smaller accents like badges to see how these play to your liking. Knowing the internet and colour printing power, you can even print them out and place a badge on your side panel prior buying. Have a thin cardboard behind it to imitate 3D. Take a look at it from a distance. Sure is not the same as a real badge but at least you can see how your eye and brain react to it.
I believe that in many cases, the first snapped picture that remains in your brain is what you may look for, desire or like...just a thought.
Also, you have to filter too many advisors...like me![]()
Drumroll... its finally time for paint.
PB, you were right, of course. To a point.
The first CB1100 K10 I stumbled across on Pinterest was the Candy Blue Green Samurider bike I featured on page 1 of this thread (and below). In a nutshell, I fell in love at first sight with that bike and within minutes was working on a plan to build my own.
Roll forward and I've bought a white K10, I had it in pieces, and whilst the painted parts were away I turned my attention to the mechanics and began to wonder about the history of the bike. Frame number indicates that it's a Japanese bike and interestingly I found the paint code sticker still on the frame. The original colour code is PB-308P which turns out to be a seemingly rare Pearl Spencer Blue.
Photos courtesy of Takashi, Samurider (the tank for sale if anyone is interested).
Blue it is then. But the question is, which one?

*** and go with the flowThanks PB, I will. Hey, at the end of the day it's just paint, so if I don't grow to love it there is no reason why we couldn't do another quick colour change.peterbaron_imp said:A beautiful composition*** and go with the flow
Thanks PB, I will. Hey, at the end of the day it's just paint, so if I don't grow to love it there is no reason why we couldn't do another quick colour change.Ninemeister_imp said:Thanks PB, I will. Hey, at the end of the day it's just paint, so if I don't grow to love it there is no reason why we couldn't do another quick colour change.peterbaron_imp said:A beautiful composition*** and go with the flow
Let the assembly begin.
I started with the front end. Having already chopped off the original indicator mounts and painted the resulting scar on the frames, it was a simple job to fit the White House headlight mounts, put a light coat of grease on the new fork tubes, fit the plastic spacers and slip in the painted headlamp ears.
Well, I say simple, but with hands covered in grease it was the devil's own job the get the top spacer in place with one hand, lift up the fork with the other whilst also keeping the ratchet between my knees ready to nip up the pinch bolt when everything lined up. You get the picture.


Yeah, there was that. Knees come in handy, and there were a few out-takes!GoldOxide_imp said:Thanks PB, I will. Hey, at the end of the day it's just paint, so if I don't grow to love it there is no reason why we couldn't do another quick colour change.Ninemeister_imp said:Thanks PB, I will. Hey, at the end of the day it's just paint, so if I don't grow to love it there is no reason why we couldn't do another quick colour change.peterbaron_imp said:A beautiful composition*** and go with the flow
Let the assembly begin.
I started with the front end. Having already chopped off the original indicator mounts and painted the resulting scar on the frames, it was a simple job to fit the White House headlight mounts, put a light coat of grease on the new fork tubes, fit the plastic spacers and slip in the painted headlamp ears.
Well, I say simple, but with hands covered in grease it was the devil's own job the get the top spacer in place with one hand, lift up the fork with the other whilst also keeping the ratchet between my knees ready to nip up the pinch bolt when everything lined up. You get the picture.
Let the assembly begin.
I started with the front end. Having already chopped off the original indicator mounts and painted the resulting scar on the frames, it was a simple job to fit the White House headlight mounts, put a light coat of grease on the new fork tubes, fit the plastic spacers and slip in the painted headlamp ears.
Well, I say simple, but with hands covered in grease it was the devil's own job the get the top spacer in place with one hand, lift up the fork with the other whilst also keeping the ratchet between my knees ready to nip up the pinch bolt when everything lined up. You get the picture.
And your third hand to capture the wonderful work effort with your camera.![]()
Thank you. Not quite as green as I wanted but lovely none the less and of course it will look different again in the sunlight, when we next get some...Cormanus_imp said:Great work, ninemeister. That tank is a glorious colour.
Thank you, and you're very welcome. If a little bit of effort from me helps you achieve your dream "K17" that's more than enough reward.Bazbro_imp said:A fantastic job, Nine, with a fabulous result.
And I thought the same as GO about "holding the camera", too!
I should mention here, publicly, the huge amount of valuable assistance you've freely given me, so that I can achieve my own 'K10'. A heartfelt "Thanks, mate!"![]()

