Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
May I also point out that you are the heart and soul of the operation. Placing you potentially in harm’s way seems ill advised, at all levels. May I suggest a BMW Dealership if the problem returns in lieu of you potentially riding on I-5, experiencing a sudden change in speed, and having to improvise on a motorcycle that seems fickle at best and cursed at worst! DavidGone in 60 said:We also agreed that since I'm the "most experienced rider on the team", that if it were to happen again, best that it happened while I was riding, not one of the other guys.
Gone in 60 said:Dang that is some nice paintwork!
peterbaron said:Is this 1968-1980 Merc 280SEL?
This gas tank looks owesome..and the rest of the beemer too!
rdprdp01 said:May I also point out that you are the heart and soul of the operation. Placing you potentially in harm’s way seems ill advised, at all levels. May I suggest a BMW Dealership if the problem returns in lieu of you potentially riding on I-5, experiencing a sudden change in speed, and having to improvise on a motorcycle that seems fickle at best and cursed at worst! DavidGone in 60 said:We also agreed that since I'm the "most experienced rider on the team", that if it were to happen again, best that it happened while I was riding, not one of the other guys.
Gone in 60 said:rdprdp01 said:May I also point out that you are the heart and soul of the operation. Placing you potentially in harm’s way seems ill advised, at all levels. May I suggest a BMW Dealership if the problem returns in lieu of you potentially riding on I-5, experiencing a sudden change in speed, and having to improvise on a motorcycle that seems fickle at best and cursed at worst! DavidGone in 60 said:We also agreed that since I'm the "most experienced rider on the team", that if it were to happen again, best that it happened while I was riding, not one of the other guys.
Stripes or no stripes, it looks awesome. Nice Merc as well.
I had a good friend in college who got married and had kids way before he could afford it, and was driving a beater Dodge Omni.
His boss told him that such a crap car was unsafe to carry his family, and gave him... literally gave him his 1977 450SEL so that his children would be riding in a safer car.
A 1977 450SEL is a wonderful car in the hands of someone who can afford to take care of it. My friend could not. Not too long after taking posession, the car needed new catalytic converters, which totalled over $5k. The car remained parked from that point on.
Venteuri said:Painted the 75/7 tank..
Venteuri said:Gone in 60 said:rdprdp01 said:May I also point out that you are the heart and soul of the operation. Placing you potentially in harm’s way seems ill advised, at all levels. May I suggest a BMW Dealership if the problem returns in lieu of you potentially riding on I-5, experiencing a sudden change in speed, and having to improvise on a motorcycle that seems fickle at best and cursed at worst! DavidGone in 60 said:We also agreed that since I'm the "most experienced rider on the team", that if it were to happen again, best that it happened while I was riding, not one of the other guys.
Stripes or no stripes, it looks awesome. Nice Merc as well.
I had a good friend in college who got married and had kids way before he could afford it, and was driving a beater Dodge Omni.
His boss told him that such a crap car was unsafe to carry his family, and gave him... literally gave him his 1977 450SEL so that his children would be riding in a safer car.
A 1977 450SEL is a wonderful car in the hands of someone who can afford to take care of it. My friend could not. Not too long after taking posession, the car needed new catalytic converters, which totalled over $5k. The car remained parked from that point on.
Thank you,
I do strongly differ from your friend. Was his car a W116?
This car is a tank, If someone asked me to choose a car to drive around the globe .... this one is on my top list. A diesel W123 would be the best.
Very easy to maintain, in fact easier than my 1972 W118 280SEL.
I just googled it and a CAT for this car is around $250-400 usd - as you can (and should) use a generic one. I understand back then it must have been expensive on the MB dealer.

