What did you do on or to your other bike part 2

btw.

trip a+b have the same numbers.....or a range of 700km is realistic (i made it already)....But my consumption figures are not typical !.....However, Honda also states 2.5 liters as the average consumption.

[attachment=1629]

[attachment=1630]

[attachment=1631]
 

Attachments

  • gb4.webp
    gb4.webp
    789.2 KB · Views: 67
  • gb5.webp
    gb5.webp
    688.3 KB · Views: 67
  • gb6.webp
    gb6.webp
    422.2 KB · Views: 66
Did a 50 mile ride on the CB1100 yesterday, felt so good to be on a motorcycle after 2 weeks in San Diego and bike-less.  

Today, the DR650 and the forest calls me.  In about 35 minutes, I can get "lost".

ZRO1oY8.jpg


G9DlQXP.jpg


LLGctiJ.jpg


46X5N5o.jpg


qaxuFT1.jpg


As I was heading back, a momma black bear entered the forest service road, about 30 meters in front of me.  She contorted her body, first looking at me then at the edge of the road.  2 cute cubs scrambled after her and they disappeared into the undergrowth on the other side.  A very good way to finish up the ride, about 45 miles on non-pavement.
 
Very pretty! Sounds like a good mental cleansing. Do you use your phone for those pics?
 
Gone in 60 said:
Very pretty! Sounds like a good mental cleansing. Do you use your phone for those pics?

So often when I'm on the CB1100, I see the mountains in the distance and I begin to explore but quickly run into roads the CB isn't really designed for.  The DR650 and the KLX300 allow me to explore for hours places that are relatively close to home.  Over the years I've explored a substantial percent of local paved options on street bikes...day rides; and I've explored a fair amount of central and eastern OR as well on multi-day rides; but I've actually left a good deal of non-paved options that are cose by.  So yes, it's very refreshing to be in the forests and at elevation...it can be hot in Gresham but cool in the mountains, and I'm out and back in 3 hours--the same amount of time I ride to central OR just to get there.  Eastern OR is 5-7 hours away.

Most of my photos--including the latest--are taken with an I-phone...it's just an SE 2020 edition.  I forgot you asked about the photos from the hand-glider spot in La Jolla; I believe they were taken with a Canon SX740 HS with a 40x zoom.  I use that from time to time, but mostly the I-phone.
 
pdedse said:
Gone in 60 said:
Very pretty! Sounds like a good mental cleansing. Do you use your phone for those pics?

So often when I'm on the CB1100, I see the mountains in the distance and I begin to explore but quickly run into roads the CB isn't really designed for.  The DR650 and the KLX300 allow me to explore for hours places that are relatively close to home.  Over the years I've explored a substantial percent of local paved options on street bikes...day rides; and I've explored a fair amount of central and eastern OR as well on multi-day rides; but I've actually left a good deal of non-paved options that are cose by.  So yes, it's very refreshing to be in the forests and at elevation...it can be hot in Gresham but cool in the mountains, and I'm out and back in 3 hours--the same amount of time I ride to central OR just to get there.  Eastern OR is 5-7 hours away.

Most of my photos--including the latest--are taken with an I-phone...it's just an SE 2020 edition.  I forgot you asked about the photos from the hand-glider spot in La Jolla; I believe they were taken with a Canon SX740 HS with a 40x zoom.  I use that from time to time, but mostly the I-phone.

Nice! I knew those glider shots were too good to be from a phone! Great pics as always. And, as always, jealous of that scenery.


Got one more BMW seat cover out of my ten dollar swath of upholstry-grade vinyl. That's four total, along with 2/3 of a box of staples. 
I'd say it looks good enough, and I admonished the boss, as always, to just not look underneath at the staple job.

No more sticky seats in the fleet!
 

Attachments

  • 464f9505-e29c-4ee8-be90-ce270d365519.webp
    464f9505-e29c-4ee8-be90-ce270d365519.webp
    47.7 KB · Views: 109
You know, that's not a bad side gig... I can't be the only person dealing with ageing BMW seats that are turning sticky...
I would have to invest in an upholstry-grade pneumatic stapler.. and a compressor to run it...
 
Today I felt like Eli Wallach's Tuco from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
Remember that scene where he needs a pistol? He has a shop keeper take all of the guns out of the display case, and he takes them all apart, checks each barrel, cylinder, etc, and makes a pistol out of the best parts from each of them.

We're going to a medical trade show next week with a very small booth, and will have one of our delivery bikes front and center as the main display. So I went to the boss' house today and took the newest bike in the fleet and gave it the best looking pair of side cases from one bike, the best looking transport container from another bike, and the seat that I just recovered yesterday from a third bike.

I told everyone to leave me alone in the garage for the next couple of days to detail it, sand and repaint the crash bars, touch it up, and rig up jumper wires to the flashing lights to run them on a power supply at the show.
 
670 km  / 7 pass-streets...........without a gazstation visit...

[attachment=1658]

[attachment=1659]

[attachment=1660]

[attachment=1661]

[attachment=1662]

[attachment=1663]


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[attachment=1668]

[attachment=1669]
 

Attachments

  • gbtag09.webp
    gbtag09.webp
    862.4 KB · Views: 57
  • gbtag08.webp
    gbtag08.webp
    1 MB · Views: 57
  • gbtag07.webp
    gbtag07.webp
    691.1 KB · Views: 57
  • gbtag06.webp
    gbtag06.webp
    805.6 KB · Views: 56
  • gbtag05.webp
    gbtag05.webp
    813.2 KB · Views: 66
  • gbtag04.webp
    gbtag04.webp
    578 KB · Views: 67
  • gbtag03.webp
    gbtag03.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
  • gbtag02.webp
    gbtag02.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • gbtag01.webp
    gbtag01.webp
    928.2 KB · Views: 68
  • gbtag.webp
    gbtag.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
  • gbtag18.webp
    gbtag18.webp
    829.7 KB · Views: 55
  • gbtag17.webp
    gbtag17.webp
    634.4 KB · Views: 55
  • gbtag16.webp
    gbtag16.webp
    879.6 KB · Views: 56
  • gbtag15.webp
    gbtag15.webp
    808.6 KB · Views: 55
  • gbtag14.webp
    gbtag14.webp
    876.8 KB · Views: 56
  • gbtag13.webp
    gbtag13.webp
    689.3 KB · Views: 56
  • gbtag12.webp
    gbtag12.webp
    907 KB · Views: 56
  • gbtag11.webp
    gbtag11.webp
    602.1 KB · Views: 64
  • gbtag10.webp
    gbtag10.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
Beautiful vista photos and fascinating to see the infrastructure built to navigate through and around the contours.
 
That would be an interesting place to land or take off in an aircraft.
 
Wow, so pretty! Must be very interesting to look down on planes taking off and landing!


Did a 12-hour marathon detail session on the bike we'll be taking to the show on Monday. 

Removed all four of the crash bars, filed smooth, sanded and repainted. Did the same for the scraped right side cylinder cover - had to paint both so they'd match since I used a sorta close shade of grey engine paint.
Compounded six years of brake dust off of the wheels, sanded and repainted the scraped mirrors. I find that if you hold the paint can back a ways and sort of fog the paint on, you can replicate a grained plastic finish. 
Reshot the rusty side and center stands. Made a metal repair tab for a broken faring attachment. Did a ton of polishing and touch up. 

Now if I can make the six-mile ride to the convention center on Monday morning without hitting a puddle or letting a bird poop on it, she'll be all set.
 

Attachments

  • e62c4341-150d-4ee4-b0b1-8d0ff11e7e92.webp
    e62c4341-150d-4ee4-b0b1-8d0ff11e7e92.webp
    66.5 KB · Views: 26
  • ca6fe8d3-9127-4f50-99e1-506fc18266a6.webp
    ca6fe8d3-9127-4f50-99e1-506fc18266a6.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 9e7e668d-ece4-4c97-ab2a-de0f1e542fbd.webp
    9e7e668d-ece4-4c97-ab2a-de0f1e542fbd.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 730cfd02-f70a-4de3-9d2f-45b9b65ffefe.webp
    730cfd02-f70a-4de3-9d2f-45b9b65ffefe.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 73464030-f819-4d4f-9417-3155ad16bd5a.webp
    73464030-f819-4d4f-9417-3155ad16bd5a.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 26
I suspect facing forwards on the way down that funicular could be nerve wracking.
 
Back
Top