Terrific, Pterodactyl! I feel like I just went on a vicarious holiday!
No need for humility with your fall colors and scenery...absolutely stunning. That vista over the State Forest & river is priceless. You are a fortunate human being to have experienced what is documented in this log.
Now I need to go have a look at the logs from Cormanus! I have not seen anything from you guys yet but I want more more more!
Another fine report filled with adventure, humor and lovely photos. A pity about the little town of Dungog. Must have been a night of terror for the folks caught up in that terrible storm.
I hope your trip to the mountains of North Carolina will inspire more posts. When my wife sees a smile on my face and hears me laugh when I'm on the computer she says "You must be reading a post from one of those Aussie fellows".
Pterodactyl, your riding accounts (and your writing style) are simply amazing. You and Cormanus both... good job! A very entertaining read. I especially enjoyed seeing 'Old Glory' in your distant land... very nice indeed and Thank You for sharing that! Have a great trip over to the states and I look forward to meeting you and Cormanus in Georgia soon!
Dang, I am so entertained when I read these reports. Great job as usual, and the mountain picture made me utter "oh gawd" when it scrolled into view. What a fantastic view. BTW to see views to top that in NC you should run up the BRP a ways.
CA Not sure about Pterodactyl as we're travelling separately, by I'm flying on 24 May and not really looking forward to around 26 hours on various aeroplanes.
Pterodactyl, thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure to have you. Glad you enjoyed the roads. You'll have to come back as there are one or two more.