What bikes have you bought twice?

2013 CB1100 ABS and a 2017 CB1100 EX. Both great bikes but the 2017 is just a bit better mechanically. The 2013 looked a little better.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
 
Bazbro_imp said:
In 1965, I bought my first new motorcycle - Yamaha's 250cc YDS3, in red...

b0c0299c7bbb9e9c0b534d305c7b888c.jpg


Last year, I spotted the IDENTICAL 'bike - a  Yamaha YDS3, in blue and also a 1965 model!  I shipped it in from Colorado...

0c986a0351cf0803ecc9e9b47bbd6089.jpg


So, two 1965 Yamaha YDS3s,  in the space of 56 years!  

!!!!!! This. Very cool, sir! Well done.
 
mtneers_imp said:
‘69 Honda Mini-trail (age 12 and 45 - still own)
‘72 Suzuki TS 185
‘66 and ‘72 Trail 90
‘15 and ‘21 Goldwing
592ef1ce71036777a7c17cdcb583fad9.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 CB1100..STD and DLX


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
A friend had one of those TS185's and I thought it was a great bike at the time, quite tall and big feeling for a little 185cc. I remember the power band being super narrow and gearchanges were the key to keeping it in that powerband to make decent progress.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
MTC's purchase of his second CB1100 piqued my curiosity. Have you owned the same model motorcycle on two different occasions?

I have, five times:

2 K75's
2 SV650's
2 F800ST's
2 V7 Classic's
2 CB750's (both SOHC but 8 model years apart)

Anyone else?
GSX250 x2
X7 x2
GS550 x3
 
I wanted a smaller, lighter bike in addition to the Kawi Vulcan 1500 I had, and found a black mid 90's Honda 750 Nighthawk nearby. In great shape, it ran well, and felt good. I bought it. It had the 4-2 exhaust and sounded like a hair dryer, so I removed the end caps of both mufflers, cut two inches off both snooters and reassembled. It sounded like a Ferrari on steroids. Not real loud, but what a sound! It looked stock and other riders would ask why it sounded so good. I'd give a vague, non committal answer. It became my every-day ride and the Kawi just sat. Then one day, some elderly female made a lane change right into me leaving a red light and I got stuffed under a truck. The Honda was totalled. I took the insurance money and went looking for another one, and found it, but it wasn't the same. It had a Yoshimura pipe on it, way too loud, and it took four repackings to quiet it down, but it wasn't the same. Sold it soon after.
 
For me it has been a 2008 KLR650 that I parted ways with in 2017, and recently a 2022 KLR650. The funny thing is the response from my wife when she saw the new one. "Oh look, your old bike found it's way home, how cute".
 
DrewNJ_imp said:
For me it has been a 2008 KLR650 that I parted ways with in 2017, and recently a 2022 KLR650. The funny thing is the response from my wife when she saw the new one. "Oh look, your old bike found it's way home, how cute".
So what do you think of your fuel-injected 2022 vs the carbed 2008? I recently moved on from my '07 to a new DR650...and it needs some attitude adjustment (idle mixture screw).

Are there any other notable differences?
 
pdedse_imp said:
DrewNJ_imp said:
For me it has been a 2008 KLR650 that I parted ways with in 2017, and recently a 2022 KLR650. The funny thing is the response from my wife when she saw the new one. "Oh look, your old bike found it's way home, how cute".
So what do you think of your fuel-injected 2022 vs the carbed 2008? I recently moved on from my '07 to a new DR650...and it needs some attitude adjustment (idle mixture screw).

Are there any other notable differences?
So what do you think of your fuel-injected 2022 vs the carbed 2008? I recently moved on from my '07 to a new DR650...and it needs some attitude adjustment (idle mixture screw).

Are there any other notable differences?
It's simply much more refined and a bit better all the way around. Runs smoother, easier to start, better seat, suspension, longer swingarm, etc etc.
It's still a KLR and does nothing fantastic, but Kawi did a real nice job on the gen3 refining the Gen2 a little here and there.
I actually parted with my 12' DR650 for the 22' KLR for all the same reasons. More refined, less raw. Just easier. Makes it nicer for when I do have to spend time with it on the pavement and I'm to old to notice a difference off pavement.
 
1974-78 Honda CB750 K and F Models - about 8. Kept repairing wrecked bikes and getting more. Loved them, hence the new CB1100 now
2012 and 2014 Yamaha FJR1300. Great long distance touring machines.
2012 - 2018 Yamaha V-Star 250 - at least 3. GF kept changing her mind about learning to ride
1970's Yamaha 125 dirt bikes with 175 conversions - 2. A pair meant one usually was running
 
Had a middle 90's Honda Nighhawk 750 that I really liked; black, with 4 into 2 exhausts. I modded the exhausts and it sounded sweet! An old lady came into my lane knocked me off it Totaled the bike. I found another, middle 90's, but the exhaust was 4 into 1, with a really loud aftermarket pipe. I re-wrapped it four times, and it was still too frickin' loud and I sold it.
 
^^+1^^, and to be more specific, 2013/sold and 2014 standard and DLX presently in my possession :excited:
 
PB, the white wasn't available in the US, but it is my second choice behind the red. I am not a fan of the all black, with everything blacked out, but Powerdubs has a really nice black CB.
I have never bought the same bike twice.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
Had a middle 90's Honda Nighhawk 750 that I really liked; black, with 4 into 2 exhausts. I modded the exhausts and it sounded sweet! An old lady came into my lane knocked me off it Totaled the bike. I found another, middle 90's, but the exhaust was 4 into 1, with a really loud aftermarket pipe. I re-wrapped it four times, and it was still too frickin' loud and I sold it.
Seems to a lot of Forum folks who really liked their mid-90s Honda Nighthawks.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
PB, the white wasn't available in the US, but it is my second choice behind the red. I am not a fan of the all black, with everything blacked out, but Powerdubs has a really nice black CB.
I have never bought the same bike twice.
That pretty blue on the EX's that never release in the US would be my first choice. That color with the sparkle like the red has is just mesmerizing. I also really like Alprider's yellow, which is odd because generally I don't care for yellow.
 
Whoops_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
PB, the white wasn't available in the US, but it is my second choice behind the red. I am not a fan of the all black, with everything blacked out, but Powerdubs has a really nice black CB.
I have never bought the same bike twice.
That pretty blue on the EX's that never release in the US would be my first choice. That color with the sparkle like the red has is just mesmerizing. I also really like Alprider's yellow, which is odd because generally I don't care for yellow.
That pretty blue on the EX's that never release in the US would be my first choice. That color with the sparkle like the red has is just mesmerizing. I also really like Alprider's yellow, which is odd because generally I don't care for yellow.
I know, I know...Honda penalized the US for no reason :-/
Here in Canada we had:
2013/white, 2014/blue. 2016/black-checkered flag and final, 2017/red.
So, needless to say we all in NA got screwed up.
 
Whoops_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
PB, the white wasn't available in the US, but it is my second choice behind the red. I am not a fan of the all black, with everything blacked out, but Powerdubs has a really nice black CB.
I have never bought the same bike twice.
That pretty blue on the EX's that never release in the US would be my first choice. That color with the sparkle like the red has is just mesmerizing. I also really like Alprider's yellow, which is odd because generally I don't care for yellow.
... but weirdly, alprider makes us almost all appreciate the yellow.
 
Back
Top