What bikes have you bought twice?

Had an early '90s Honda Nighthawk 750 with 4-2 exhaust. I cut down the snooters and it sounded great. Got pushed off it at a light when an old lady decided she wanted to be in my lane and came right into me. Bike declared total loss. I came out of it with no injury, just a bruise on my left hip where I contacted the pavement. Found another one, different year that someone had put a Yoshi exhaust on it. Much too loud, rewrapped that thing four times before got it tamed enough so it was fun to ride, but sold it to buy something else.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
Had an early '90s Honda Nighthawk 750 with 4-2 exhaust. I cut down the snooters and it sounded great. Got pushed off it at a light when an old lady decided she wanted to be in my lane and came right into me. Bike declared total loss. I came out of it with no injury, just a bruise on my left hip where I contacted the pavement. Found another one, different year that someone had put a Yoshi exhaust on it. Much too loud, rewrapped that thing four times before got it tamed enough so it was fun to ride, but sold it to buy something else.
:@ So not like unconscious drivers.

I had a standard stick shift, cellphone talkin', VW Jetta driver drift backward into my '84 Honda Nighthawk 750 front while on a traffic congested rising freeway ramp in Toronto. Very careless driver.
 
I like to change bikes and so buying two of the same has really only happened once. Many years ago I found a beautiful Honda Z50 from 1972 which was just like my very first bike. When I went in to the shop, they also had a second Z50 that was a more recent model. I ended up buying both, so I guess it sort of qualifies as buying the same bike twice...

0e2433eacad81de559a5aa230e5cbcd3.jpg


1560c5f36e17305088aefdc95e305b04.jpg
 
‘69 Honda Mini-trail (age 12 and 45 - still own)
‘72 Suzuki TS 185
‘66 and ‘72 Trail 90
‘15 and ‘21 Goldwing
592ef1ce71036777a7c17cdcb583fad9.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Beautiful Wagonpeddler. Very nice specimen you had.

For some reason in my eyes it "looks heavier" than the CB1100. Maybe it is the illusion of "more lines" and colour boundaries - dunno. Nevertheless, it brings back memories of long ago.
 
In 1965, I bought my first new motorcycle - Yamaha's 250cc YDS3, in red...

b0c0299c7bbb9e9c0b534d305c7b888c.jpg


Last year, I spotted the IDENTICAL 'bike - a  Yamaha YDS3, in blue and also a 1965 model!  I shipped it in from Colorado...

0c986a0351cf0803ecc9e9b47bbd6089.jpg


So, two 1965 Yamaha YDS3s,  in the space of 56 years!  
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
I always liked this then and now photo images Bazbro.
Yes, GO; me too.
I'm an avid follower of WW1 and WW2 wartime sites, having made many pilgimages to the battlefields of the Western Front and WW2 sites over the years. As a result, the photographs that REALLY appeal to me are the "Then and Now" ones.
It brings it home just how recent those terrible events are.
 
Thread starter
I almost added another entry to my list today. I found a nice looking 2004 BMW R1100S with only 17k mikes for sale on another forum and decided I had to have it. Spoke with the owner and was dismayed to learn this was his first bike and it had never been back to the dealer for annual inspections or any servicing or maintenance. The owner, who is not a motorcycle mechanic, performed all the repairs himself DIY, including new fuel injectors, fuel manifold, wiring loom, servo-ABS flush, and other stuff probably best left to a dealer. That was it for me. No thanks!
 
Many nice pictures, great motorcycles, and impressive lists of ownership. But has none of you in his wasted youth owned 1 or 2 ...
Boss Hoss BHC-3, with 6,200cc
Triumph Rocket III – 2,294cc
Kawasaki VN2000 – 2,053cc
??
... the three biggest motorcycles (in terms of cc) ever built ?
Such thangs can only roam on wide U.S. streets, and fit into U.S. garages.
 
Suzuki GSX250 x2
Suzuki GT250x7 x2
Suzuki GS550 x3

all dirt cheap + a few others but these are the only repeats

In my younger years of course
 
Back
Top