torque specs?

anything Specific?

Axle nuts?

Oil drain plug?

Oil filter?

Calipers?

Handlebar clamps?

Front axle lock bolts?

Triple tree bolts?

Spark plugs?

Motor mount bolts?
 
I moved this from the How To section to the general Mechanical & Technical area where it should get more visibility. Maybe the actual torque figures themselves could go in the How To section at some point.
 
Thread starter
ferret any and all you have, but if it's too much how about a list of bolts associated with the most common things we do like oil changes, bar changes, and wheel and brake stuff.
 
Flynbulldog_imp said:
ferret any and all you have, but if it's too much how about a list of bolts associated with the most common things we do like oil changes, bar changes, and wheel and brake stuff.

I don't have a manual, but was giving someone an idea of things to look up that would come in handy.
If I had one I 'd gladly post em up. Wouldn't take much effort at all.

Someone please?
 
Thread starter
Thanks CA200, I saved a copy of each to my computer,
If I get time I'll dig out a few handy oft used specs and post them up.
 
Nice CA! Remember folks..... ft lbs is the last number on the right of the torque specs
 
Doing your own work? You should be thinking seriously of getting the Honda Shop Manual available from helminc.com A lot of terrific information about how the thing comes apart and goes together other than torque.

Look up item no. 61MGC00 cost is about $65.00. We should not be doing excessive copying of what is probably protected material.
 
Until a brake job, plugs, or the valve check comes around, I'll be using "tight" as my torque spec. I don't think there are too many torque-critical items on this bike.
 
I was mainly referring to chain adjustment.....the rear axle nut is the only thing I'll be loosening & tightening on a regular basis, and it's not something I plan on getting my torque wrench out for. "Good n' Tight" is alright. However, if I ventured myself into doing tires again, then I would absolutely use my torque wrench for something like pinch bolts and brake hardware. (My tool shed isn't that far a walk...)
 
Hey Forum founder, and moderator,

A huge copyright violation in this thread. It's on your site and you are not going to do anything about it? Not even delete it?

Your defense that you didn’t know ends here.

Some guy buys a 12000 USD M/C and can’t afford a manual? WTF?

Mike
 
Mike,

I looked into things and removed the copyrighted material accordingly – sorry guys, but scans of the manual or other copyrighted material are off limits here.

As for your post, if you were really concerned about copyright infringement (which I do respect), a PM would have been a better choice as there is no guarantee that either ferret or myself will review every single thread here. So thanks for the warning, but next time I could definitely do without the attitude.

Guth
 
We could tell someone a value if they ask, we just can't show copied pages from copyrighted materials.
 
The ferret_imp said:
We could tell someone a value if they ask, we just can't show copied pages from copyrighted materials.
Ferrets right, the specs are not copyrighted. The manual is. If anyone needs manual info just pm me.
 
Guth_imp said:
Mike,

I looked into things and removed the copyrighted material accordingly – sorry guys, but scans of the manual or other copyrighted material are off limits here.

As for your post, if you were really concerned about copyright infringement (which I do respect), a PM would have been a better choice as there is no guarantee that either ferret or myself will review every single thread here. So thanks for the warning, but next time I could definitely do without the attitude.

Guth
Well Said!
 
zachamo_imp said:
Can someone tell me the motor mount torque specs? I am installing the SW Motech crash bars on a 2013.
Tyke57nz Wrote:

(12-26-2013 03:19 AM)Kiwikevin Wrote: Hi Tyke57NZ

Torques for the 4X "through frame" bolts / nuts is 49Nm.
I got my manual from here http://www.sell.com/2G7335

Hi Kiwikevin

Thanks for that info, I assumed the 2 x through bolts for the Engine to mounting plate would be the same, would you mind looking those up for me. I will have to set up a Pay Pal account to purchase that manual but I will get onto that later.
Where in NZ are you?
Cheers


Yes torques are the same for the 4 bolts that go through the frame. The other 2 (1 each side) that go through the front engine bracket/s are 59Nm.

Hope this helps.
 
spartanheed_imp said:
Is there a list anywhere of all of the torque settings for the CB1100?

The numbers aren't copyrighted
Some time ago somebody already inquired about this torque, I am at work now and have no access to my service manual....perhaps other members?? or wait till pm, sorry
 
Back
Top