Tire Options for our CB1100

Yeah, I was thinking that was awesome mileage—er, I mean kilometerage :D
 
It's OK mileage too! :D
 
peterbaron_imp said:
When wear marks are aligned = your tire is no longer safe, sorry.
Mine is due for replacement soon, lasted 37K kms. Dunlop Road Smart 3, will go again for it, 110/80-18
PB, My understanding of the wear mark is that it is a "warning" that the tire will soon require replacement, however, my intent was only to confirm of how many more mileage I can put on it while I order new tires (500 miles or 1,500 miles?).

Thanks
 
The tire companies say that when the wear marker is even with the tread the tire is worn out. That’s it. Google it. It will not pass an annual safety inspection in my state.

There is really no telling how much more you can ride on the tire. The Pirelli tires (like I have) are known for going from just worn out to showing belts in a very short period of time. Your tires may be different. I would NOT go on a trip with your tires. Your might be changing tires on the road. Or worse.
 
Alain Lee_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
When wear marks are aligned = your tire is no longer safe, sorry.
Mine is due for replacement soon, lasted 37K kms. Dunlop Road Smart 3, will go again for it, 110/80-18
PB, My understanding of the wear mark is that it is a "warning" that the tire will soon require replacement, however, my intent was only to confirm of how many more mileage I can put on it while I order new tires (500 miles or 1,500 miles?).

Thanks
PB, My understanding of the wear mark is that it is a "warning" that the tire will soon require replacement, however, my intent was only to confirm of how many more mileage I can put on it while I order new tires (500 miles or 1,500 miles?).

Thanks
No, your tire is now 2/32, no longer safe = replacement/DOT regulations.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
What wear mark? You mean the white fibrous thread stuff that starts coming through the rubber? I've seen that.
Just like my shoes, that's how I know they are properly broken in. :P
 
I just installed (okay, the dealer installed) new Battlax BT-46 tires front and back to replace the 5 year-old Dunlop 205s that the bike came with. There's only 6,000 miles on the bike (10,000kms) but the front tire had a lot of cupping from the original owner so I figured I switch the two instead of just one. Unfortunately, I've only put about 80 miles on the bike so I won't be able to weigh in at a later date with an update on the difference.
 
I for one will be interested to hear how you find them HondaFan.
 
Back
Top