Tire Options for our CB1100

36/42 here. Front is OEM size — 110/80.
 
Answered in another thread, but 2 PSI over. So 38/44 in my Angel GTs.
 
Add me to the Angle GT club as I ordered from Revzilla today as well. Went with 110 in front and 160 in the rear. No sales tax in Florida, so out the door shipped $222.56. We have a Cycle Gear store in Orlando and will let others know how the install goes.

Many thanks to Gone in 60 for the sale information!:thanks:
 
Good deal, Gman. Those are the sizes I went with. They look nice leaning against my workbench for the time being...
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Good deal, Gman. Those are the sizes I went with. They look nice leaning against my workbench for the time being...
Never had to replace tires at 2400 miles before, but I bought the bike last year with 1800 miles on the original tires. Due to concerns of tire rot with our hot summers I took the plunge. Look forward to seeing how the bike will handle with the new shoes.
 
gman_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Good deal, Gman. Those are the sizes I went with. They look nice leaning against my workbench for the time being...
Never had to replace tires at 2400 miles before, but I bought the bike last year with 1800 miles on the original tires. Due to concerns of tire rot with our hot summers I took the plunge. Look forward to seeing how the bike will handle with the new shoes.
Never had to replace tires at 2400 miles before, but I bought the bike last year with 1800 miles on the original tires. Due to concerns of tire rot with our hot summers I took the plunge. Look forward to seeing how the bike will handle with the new shoes.
That's a killer deal. You won't be disappointed. In my case, anything was an upgrade from the stock rubber, no bueno
d96a70883ba256369515f3d630ddd834.jpg

4db1750c7026cf35c0cca3c576907cc9.jpg


Bike handles and feels completely different now, honestly wish I had done tires sooner instead of getting used to riding it so darn upright all the time

773c50bc1b9e7bace2253581356ce5d2.jpg
 
Hello everyone, I have been reading over this thread with interest as I am also in need of tires for my 2014 standard. Still have the stock Bridgerocks on there that have been ok. Like many others the front is past gone with just over 7k miles on the clock. The rear has a little life left but I am going to replace both as the rear is almost 7 years old according to the date code. My question is, has anyone on here tried the Continental Road Attack 3's? I don't think I saw them mentioned anywhere in this thread.
 
Welcome YmtnpoaH. The availability of the RA3s have been mentioned and people have fitted the RA2s and been happy, but I don’t recall anyone fitting the newer tyres.

It’s worth searching the entire forum someone may have tried them.
 
YmtnpoaH_imp said:
Hello everyone, I have been reading over this thread with interest as I am also in need of tires for my 2014 standard. Still have the stock Bridgerocks on there that have been ok. Like many others the front is past gone with just over 7k miles on the clock. The rear has a little life left but I am going to replace both as the rear is almost 7 years old according to the date code. My question is, has anyone on here tried the Continental Road Attack 3's? I don't think I saw them mentioned anywhere in this thread.
I have the Continental Trail Attack 3 (150/70 ) on the back of one of my CB 1100's , the other one has the Trail Attack 2 in the back . I really like these tires > Are you certain that the Road Attack is 18 inch tire ?
 
Houtman_imp said:
YmtnpoaH_imp said:
Hello everyone, I have been reading over this thread with interest as I am also in need of tires for my 2014 standard. Still have the stock Bridgerocks on there that have been ok. Like many others the front is past gone with just over 7k miles on the clock. The rear has a little life left but I am going to replace both as the rear is almost 7 years old according to the date code. My question is, has anyone on here tried the Continental Road Attack 3's? I don't think I saw them mentioned anywhere in this thread.
I have the Continental Trail Attack 3 (150/70 ) on the back of one of my CB 1100's , the other one has the Trail Attack 2 in the back . I really like these tires > Are you certain that the Road Attack is 18 inch tire ?
I have the Continental Trail Attack 3 (150/70 ) on the back of one of my CB 1100's , the other one has the Trail Attack 2 in the back . I really like these tires > Are you certain that the Road Attack is 18 inch tire ?
Not positive its available in the US, but the Continental web site shows a front 110/80-18 and a rear in 160/60-18. Thanks for the "welcomes" Cormanus and GoldOxide. :thanks:
 
Welcome Ym!

Can’t help with the Contis as I’ve never had them. I have Pirelli Angel GTs
 
YmtnpoaH_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
YmtnpoaH_imp said:
Hello everyone, I have been reading over this thread with interest as I am also in need of tires for my 2014 standard. Still have the stock Bridgerocks on there that have been ok. Like many others the front is past gone with just over 7k miles on the clock. The rear has a little life left but I am going to replace both as the rear is almost 7 years old according to the date code. My question is, has anyone on here tried the Continental Road Attack 3's? I don't think I saw them mentioned anywhere in this thread.
I have the Continental Trail Attack 3 (150/70 ) on the back of one of my CB 1100's , the other one has the Trail Attack 2 in the back . I really like these tires > Are you certain that the Road Attack is 18 inch tire ?
I have the Continental Trail Attack 3 (150/70 ) on the back of one of my CB 1100's , the other one has the Trail Attack 2 in the back . I really like these tires > Are you certain that the Road Attack is 18 inch tire ?
Not positive its available in the US, but the Continental web site shows a front 110/80-18 and a rear in 160/60-18. Thanks for the "welcomes" Cormanus and GoldOxide. :thanks:
Yeah, so I just got a set of these in those exact sizes. The front is installed, and the rear will be installed once I burn out the old one this weekend. Pics to come.
 
Continental Road Attack 3
110/80-18

0d6d3097d467cac731984832f0a2a5d7.jpg



160/60-18
Not mounted yet

3b83da72006c5f67deb57dbc7bbc1e57.jpg



The tread pattern on these tires look great. No center rib (I just don't like 'em), and they seem to be "more sporty" than the OEMs. I like to be a little different and wanted to try a different tire that not a lot of others seem to be using. I've had great use out of every Continental tire I've had.

Only the front is mounted so far, but it has restored my handling and reduced the noise compared to the old V-shaped tire. Will update further with thoughts on performance, and clearance pics on the rear later.

One thing I gotta rant about, it is a huge pain to find performance oriented 18" tires for this bike (For example Michelin Pilot Powers). I've been looking for a few months for replacements that I would actually want to spend money on. I wish Continental would make a 140 or 150 width for better compatibility with our machines. In the future, if there aren't any good options in 18", I will seriously consider getting some 17" aftermarket wheels.
 
I have about 1000 miles on a set of RA 3's and I think they are great. For me they are very smooth running, compliant and great turning. Tar snakes and surface inconsistencies are handled quite well.
I'm not a canyon carver so can't give expert opinion on traction, but seems great. Can't tell about wear yet but it's not terrible. 120 front 160 rear. So far I'd buy 'em again.

Ben
 
My front tires are worn up to the wear marks while the rear tire has still 50% rubber left before the wear marks.
I have to order a new front tire, in the meantime can someone tell me from experience of how many miles riding miles are left once the wear mark are aligned?
I am using Bridgestone BT54 Radial.

Thanks
 
When wear marks are aligned = your tire is no longer safe, sorry.
Mine is due for replacement soon, lasted 37K kms. Dunlop Road Smart 3, will go again for it, 110/80-18
 
37,000 kms is wonderful kilometerage.
 
Back
Top