the Ferret
Road warrior
New tires look nice R4N
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

DBM_imp said:My bike came with BT54's stock. I liked the traction and feedback from the stock tires just fine. The only complaint would be rain groove wiggle from the front tire due to the center open slot in the tread design. I replaced the rear tire last year with another stock BT54, but I decided to try the new T32 on the front because of the great reviews and the fact that is does not have that center open groove. So far I am very impressed with the new tech front tire. On a side note...I experienced something new with the front tire swap. New, different tire noise. Almost a whirling sound coming from the front end. Hard to explain, just different than before. Called my bud who is the most experienced dealer mech/parts dude I know and he told me that new tires of a new tread design can give off a whole new sound when new that slowly goes away as they wear in. I will replace the rear with the matching T32 after the 54 shows some wear.
https://www.bridgestonemotorcycletires.com/en-us/product-results/battlax-sport-touring-t32
I does, but at least you feel something when the thing moves. With the XR you don't really feel like you're riding; the bike rides itself. It's an amazing machine but I feel like you need to go too fast for my taste in order to enjoy the ride...GoldOxide_imp said:Nice CptMoustache.
The CB1100 looks small compared to the neighboring machines.
I does, but at least you feel something when the thing moves. ...CptMoustache_imp said:I does, but at least you feel something when the thing moves. With the XR you don't really feel like you're riding; the bike rides itself. It's an amazing machine but I feel like you need to go too fast for my taste in order to enjoy the ride...GoldOxide_imp said:Nice CptMoustache.
The CB1100 looks small compared to the neighboring machines.

@misterP, I had put new Z8's on my EX - front and rear - some 4500 miles ago. At time of installation the front tire had 4.5mm thread, the rear about 6.5mm. Just went down to the garage, and checked the threats. The back tire has almost the same 6 mm it had when new, the front tire lost 1 mm. Fair enough, everybody rides differently and I am not the most aggressive rider in town. But that doesn't look too bad to me in terms of tire life.misterprofessionality_imp said:I just got some terrible news.....my current favorite tire has been murdered by the system.
Supposedly Avon was purchased by another company and all production on original Avon tires has ended. The Spirit ST II that ive been using for years now only exists as "old stock" meaning the tire will fade away just like our beloved michelin PR3 did. The real kicker here is that this leaves almost no truly good tire options left for the bike.
The only two currently in active production that you could call a "good" sport touring tire are the Pirelli Angel GT II and the Metzeler Roadtec Z8 M spec. Both of these tires are reported by most people as having godawful mileage. (Keep in mind im used to getting well over 10k miles out of my rear tire, so anything less than that is godawful to me.)
So....im left with a very bad and very unexpected problem. Without good tires the bike could end up being a shadow of its former self. Its a crisis of faith to be sure. I just dont know what my nextset of tires will be.
I have always found all the dual compound tyres I've had on my bikes don't last as well as single compounds have...BUT I ride two up on heavy bikes ALL the time.peterbaron_imp said:Agree with PR3, the best tire I've ever had.
Had Metzeler Z8..I think this tire is made of one compound, therefore fast and not so even wear IMHO. Would not buy them again.
The Angel GT and GT2 is a two-compound tiere which delivers more even wear and longer miles. Have both GT on my standard and front GT on my DLX, rear is Z8.
Not all are available in stock sizes.
Tested: Pirelli Angel GT / GT II motorcycle tyres review
Let's know your final choice.
@Pauley, going from any old tire to any new tire will most likely make the new one (after run-in) "feel" grippier, don't you think ?Pauley_imp said:I recently switched from the Metzeler Z8 tires to the Bridgestone T32. Radials, stock sizes. A little grippier than the Z8s. I like them.
I have always found all the dual compound tyres I've had on my bikes don't last as well as single compounds have...BUT I ride two up on heavy bikes ALL the time.Jonnyteabag_imp said:I have always found all the dual compound tyres I've had on my bikes don't last as well as single compounds have...BUT I ride two up on heavy bikes ALL the time.peterbaron_imp said:Agree with PR3, the best tire I've ever had.
Had Metzeler Z8..I think this tire is made of one compound, therefore fast and not so even wear IMHO. Would not buy them again.
The Angel GT and GT2 is a two-compound tiere which delivers more even wear and longer miles. Have both GT on my standard and front GT on my DLX, rear is Z8.
Not all are available in stock sizes.
Tested: Pirelli Angel GT / GT II motorcycle tyres review
Let's know your final choice.
The dual compounds completey wear out on the soft sides leaving a nasty lip where the harder compound starts.
Mind you I never ride motorways but always stay on curvy roads.
Just shows how different we all are eh?
JT
Whats your riding habits like? Deep twisties? Hard cornering? Id have to look and see if the t32 comes in the oversized profiles of 120/70 and 160/60 because the stock sizes are too narrow for me. Id run out of contact patch and it would limit my lean angle significantly.Pauley_imp said:I recently switched from the Metzeler Z8 tires to the Bridgestone T32. Radials, stock sizes. A little grippier than the Z8s. I like them.
All the above here Mr. P. and I never get enough of it. Okay, I could do with less super slab.misterprofessionality_imp said:Whats your riding habits like? Deep twisties? Hard cornering? Id have to look and see if the t32 comes in the oversized profiles of 120/70 and 160/60 because the stock sizes are too narrow for me. Id run out of contact patch and it would limit my lean angle significantly.Pauley_imp said:I recently switched from the Metzeler Z8 tires to the Bridgestone T32. Radials, stock sizes. A little grippier than the Z8s. I like them.