HikerToo_imp
Road warrior
If you guys could rank the sound level of the Staintune...say from 1 to 10, with 1 being the quietest and the stock sound being a 2....where would the Staintune be?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I'd say mine is a 5-6 vs the stock 2 you give it. It is perfect!HikerToo_imp said:If you guys could rank the sound level of the Staintune...say from 1 to 10, with 1 being the quietest and the stock sound being a 2....where would the Staintune be?

+1HondaJon_imp said:Tripod,
You won't need it, plus given the way the Staintune is buttoned up, I have no idea how you would install. In my opinion, it gives you just enough growl to let you know the stocker is gone, a nice deep tone.
Staintune just got it right for this bike.



scale of 1 to 10 what is stock #, what is Staintune?Mikey350D_imp said:Just installed my Staintune from Pirates Lair today.
Perfect tone, any louder would be obnoxious.
Plus it really matches the aesthetics of the bike.
Motor definitely responds quicker.
![]()
IMO, as far as stock slip-ons go, the one on the CB11 is pretty good. I'd give it a 5. Nice shape, good construction, very quiet. It's minuses are it's brick heavy, too long, and the sound has no character or soul.HikerToo_imp said:scale of 1 to 10 what is stock #, what is Staintune?Mikey350D_imp said:Just installed my Staintune from Pirates Lair today.
Perfect tone, any louder would be obnoxious.
Plus it really matches the aesthetics of the bike.
Motor definitely responds quicker.
![]()
Was actually asking about noise level. I have heard the videos but wanted to get their opinion on how much louder it is than stock. I think most people are saying what I suspected, the Staintune is louder than stock, but not too loud as to be annoying.The ferret_imp said:I think HikerToo was referring to MikeyDs assertion of quicker throttle response, as in throttle response on the stocker was a 4 and with the staintune a 6....but I don't want to speak for him.
Was actually asking about noise level. I have heard the videos but wanted to get their opinion on how much louder it is than stock. I think most people are saying what I suspected, the Staintune is louder than stock, but not too loud as to be annoying.HikerToo_imp said:Was actually asking about noise level. I have heard the videos but wanted to get their opinion on how much louder it is than stock. I think most people are saying what I suspected, the Staintune is louder than stock, but not too loud as to be annoying.The ferret_imp said:I think HikerToo was referring to MikeyDs assertion of quicker throttle response, as in throttle response on the stocker was a 4 and with the staintune a 6....but I don't want to speak for him.