Running the Gauntlet

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Or rather running with my Chic Design “Guyra” gauntlets. Available from Takashi: ChicDesign:Hand-guards,2014-2016 CB1100/DLX/EX | Samurider.com

With winter approaching I thought I would raise the topic of cold weather protection.

I had a chance to ride in 48 degree weather the other day (mild by winter standards). First I spent 5 minutes mounting a pair of Chic Design gauntlets to the mirror stems. While not a substitute for heated grips in cold weather, these gauntlets do a pretty good job of keeping the wind off your hands and don’t detract from the look of the bike.

Today was rainy and I decided to see how they would do. Hands stayed dry with an occasional drop hitting the top back of the hand.

Mandatory pictures:

8c1d4253de498cecc0460a749b62a123.jpg


9c00811e58c00c875eacb3de4556d75a.jpg


37db13ca527a48d77fafaac7de8a5231.jpg


Anyone using gauntlets this Fall? Headed grips and gauntlets?
 
Nope I wear good gloves down to 20 then heated glove liners in my good gloves.

Wife is done riding huh?

You probably have more hands on working on the CB 1100 than any Honda mechanic in the country.
 
Does anyone know why they're called 'Guyra' gauntlets?
 
Well, I wondered about that. If it is our Guyra, it's more likely to be cold AND bugs. It's the coldest spot on the New England Highway and was freezing when Pterodactyl and I were there in August.
 
Between my Honda heated grips, Guyra gauntlets, and my Lee Parks Thinsulate gloves, I ride until the snow hits. Me hands stay toasty warm and dry.
Houtman_imp said:
Could you please post a picture of them close up to see the fitting on the mirror stems ? Thanks !
d39686a960ac51f37494e1cb3197031d.jpg


c15fe5c7385e793d4640d1172f5bea38.jpg


b107c80134d241112ff0eb198cc00382.jpg


8c9086f3d898f47365ee832f299cf035.jpg


They keep a lot of rain and bugs/rocks off your hands.
I love em!
These pics are from last winter when the bike was sleeping.
 
Back
Top