That's pretty amazing that you are able to do thatThe ferret_imp said:I am also retired and ride strictly for pleasure when and where I like. It pleases me to ride every day regardless of weather * (with the exception of accumulated snow or ice). Yesterday was my 300th day of riding this year. Last year I rode 323 days. If I can run the table this year it will be 342 days. Jan and Feb can be iffy, but most of the rest of the year is passable if you can endure a bit of heat, cold or rain. I missed 13 days in January this year due to ice/snow and 3 days in February, other than that it's been a pretty good year for riding.

For the sake of safety and comfort, we just pack it in and bear the pain

The long range forecast for our winter this year is more of the same as it is every year. Some areas may get colder weather and some may get warmer weather - and less or more snow.
How's that for being definite. 50% right most/some of the time

no joy at all...