Nortoon_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
My riding season has come to an end. When I left home at 10AM this morning is was a balmy 10C/52F with 32KPH/20 MPH wind gusts. I was dressed in my usual layers of cold weather clothing and wore nylon winter mitts. A little clumsy, but they kept my hands warm until lunch time, when I could change to my leather insulated gauntlets. After lunch it climbed to a scorching 18C/64F.
I have about 100 back road maps that range from 1 to 1 1/2 hours of riding, and their reverse routes. Today I used several of the reverse routes. What a pleasant surprize. It was like riding completely new roads. Although I was in cruise mode, the reverse curves were a new challenge. Because a lot of the deciduous trees have already lost their leaves, there were views of previously unseen lakes and other scenery.
I do not usually ride on weekends to avoid the tourist traffic and dang motorcycles. This afternoon I spent a lot of time waving a passing bikes. I think every motorcyclist in the area realized this was our last mild day. Highs for the next week are in the 40sF with numerous days of rain.
I rode a long as I could, but dark skies, increasing winds, and the impending rain chased me home after only 286 kilometers/178miles. Had I been able to ride another 248 kilometers/154 miles, I would have made my 11,000 kilometer/6835 mile season average.
Overall it has been a pleasant summer, and I thoroughly enjoyed my new CB1100 EX. But unfortunately the time has come to put my summer toys away.
I have about 100 back road maps that range from 1 to 1 1/2 hours of riding, and their reverse routes. Today I used several of the reverse routes. What a pleasant surprize. It was like riding completely new roads. Although I was in cruise mode, the reverse curves were a new challenge. Because a lot of the deciduous trees have already lost their leaves, there were views of previously unseen lakes and other scenery.
I do not usually ride on weekends to avoid the tourist traffic and dang motorcycles. This afternoon I spent a lot of time waving a passing bikes. I think every motorcyclist in the area realized this was our last mild day. Highs for the next week are in the 40sF with numerous days of rain.
I rode a long as I could, but dark skies, increasing winds, and the impending rain chased me home after only 286 kilometers/178miles. Had I been able to ride another 248 kilometers/154 miles, I would have made my 11,000 kilometer/6835 mile season average.
Overall it has been a pleasant summer, and I thoroughly enjoyed my new CB1100 EX. But unfortunately the time has come to put my summer toys away.

