Matching bucket and chrome instrument cups...Perfection

WOW, all I can say is WOW :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks for the tutorial :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Time to get out the credit card and be a copy cat I guess :D
 
Thank you Ferret. Great minds think alike. Mr. T has just shipped my matching bucket and chrome instrument cups as well. And, thanks for the past post on installing gaiters. I put my on last weekend. Your photos and instructions gave me the confidence to do it. And a big thanks to all that have posted their accounts for installing RLETs. If it had not been for you guys, I would have given up on the installation after the 50th attempt – but finally got ‘em on.
 
2-Wheeler_imp said:
Thank you Ferret. Great minds think alike. Mr. T has just shipped my matching bucket and chrome instrument cups as well. And, thanks for the past post on installing gaiters. I put my on last weekend. Your photos and instructions gave me the confidence to do it. And a big thanks to all that have posted their accounts for installing RLETs. If it had not been for you guys, I would have given up on the installation after the 50th attempt – but finally got ‘em on.
That's part of the initiation to join "our" club here :D Now ferret will email you the video of the secret hand shake...:angel:
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
2-Wheeler_imp said:
Thank you Ferret. Great minds think alike. Mr. T has just shipped my matching bucket and chrome instrument cups as well. And, thanks for the past post on installing gaiters. I put my on last weekend. Your photos and instructions gave me the confidence to do it. And a big thanks to all that have posted their accounts for installing RLETs. If it had not been for you guys, I would have given up on the installation after the 50th attempt – but finally got ‘em on.
That's part of the initiation to join "our" club here :D Now ferret will email you the video of the secret hand shake...:angel:
d995b5aab63ca3f6d92a475101c49380.gif

 
WOW, I didn't it would happen! :D Congrats at last, looks great.
I think the DLX should have had those tasteful items from the factory.
 
Thread starter
Ack-CB11_imp said:
WOW, I didn't it would happen! :D Congrats at last, looks great.
I think the DLX should have had those tasteful items from the factory.
Thanks. I think they should have come that way too. At least the spoke wheeled EX's should come that way, with gaiters and rlets too.
 
Damfino--LOL

But now even the members without RLETS know. :)
 
Thread starter
the cost was a little steep for a frugal guy like me, but I like my stock mirrors, the stock exhaust, even the stock seat so I have saved a lot by not having to buy those items aftermarket. The paint on the bucket is deep and rich like the paint on the tank, the color an exact match. The chrome on the metal cups is lustrous and shiny. These are the last 2 items I desired since I bought the bike and they complete it for me. worth every penny imo.
 
Also, if you are going to import goods from Japan, the yen is pretty weak. A little more than a year ago, it was $115 to 10,000 yen. Now, it's around $85.

I have actually seen some OEM parts selling for less than some of the discounted parts places (like bikebandit). I just bought a set of knuckle guards for my Suzuki V-strom. Dealer retail is $128. I paid $43 + $17 shipping and still got them in under a week.
 
Thread starter
Rboe the parts were listed as
Chrome gauge covers CB1100-2014 (oem10) 16,900 jpy
Headlight bucket 2014 Honda CB 1100 Deluxe oem 25,300 jpy
total was 42,200 jpy which came out to $364 and change
 
Thread starter
Well, I considered painting my bucket and figuring supplies was about $125 and 2 days labor with dry times and sanding and painting. Probably 8-12 hours in drying times alone between the base coats, overcoats and clear coats and when I paint I tend to get runs. So, for maybe $100 I had someone that knows what they are doing do it for me.
 
The price for the chromed gauge covers is a bit steep, but they look good, Honda has nothing comparable AND they are real steel..
I think I'll be ante-ing up for a set.

Thanks for showing and telling !
 
Back
Top