1st ride of 2017

Thread starter
Arches is so cool! Good looking bike there Cap't
 
jamestkirk_imp said:
1st ride of 2017. happy new year all! -kirk out
That 2nd picture sure is calendar material.. Those Deluxe's really stand out in pictures with all that chrome....:thumbsup:
 
Scotty did well with the camera, Captain. The Klingon in the second picture does not look well. The bike, though, is magnificent.
 
We had a high of 40 degrees, but there's salt, etc all over the roads and I didn't want to ride the Honda in that mess....

Soooo I went out on the green machine.
.
.
c56789a1215ec6292beba18fd425cef1.jpg
 
Thread starter
hey kballowe..I had a good buddy that just one decked out just about like that, low miles, not much money. If I were taller I might have bought it. Cool bikes.

Congrats on getting in some miles this time of the year
 
The ferret_imp said:
:) My first official ride of 2017 was also a short one, it was Monday, the 2nd, about 4:00pm, rode over to the cable store to exchange a bad remote control for a new one. An 11 mile ride round trip. Since then, much snow and temps are 9 degrees. Bike looks good in the garage though. ;)
kballowe_imp said:
Good looking green machine!
 
We had 5 degrees this morning and inch or two of snow yesteday.

But, this is Missouri so wait a week and it will be 50.

:-)

P.S. thanks for the compliments on the green machine.
 
This morning I had my first ride for the year 2017. Last ride was last Christmas.

It was -3°C in the morning, when I was commuting to the office, but blue sky and sunny. In the afternoon it should be 11°C, I'm looking forward to a gentle ride home. That would be 56 km for today.

Yesterday I washed off the dust from my CBF1000F and started her for the first time since Christmas. It just fired up at the first press of the button.
 
Thread starter
Django congrats. Wow that is a long time to go without riding. Bet it felt great. Is using a gas stabilizer a common custom in Germany too?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Django congrats. Wow that is a long time to go without riding. Bet it felt great. Is using a gas stabilizer a common custom in Germany too?
Yeah, 2 month no riding, that's long to me. However, most of us here in Germany do a longer winter break, from November to March, April or May.

Last year I did ride every month, this year we had an unusual cold January with perma frost and much snow. Now the snow has gone and temps are rising daily and recently some rain washed the plenty of salt off the roads.

Gas stabilizer is not common at all in Germany. No problem with half year old gas or older. Good quality.

I bought a Kawa ER-5 for my daughter a few years ago. That bike had not been ridden for more than 2 years. I emptied the tank and used up the fuel in my Beemer, mixing it in liter wise.
 
Hm, somehow this afternoon the way home was a little bit longer. All together it was 136 km today. :cool:

Riding a motorcycle in the sun is just wonderful.
 
Thread starter
:beerchug: yes it is
 
Back
Top