If you are an older rider, what do you wear riding your 1100?

postoak_imp said:
I started out riding in full leathers for safety's sake, but I don't think it is quite the image for the CB1100. So what do YOU wear?
The CB1100 does not need special safety equipment. Wear what will protect you without considering age or style of bike. Keep the rubber side down.
Coyote Jim
 
Roland Sands Bell Star Helmet or a Red/white & Blue Shoei Rf1200. RevIt Tarmac LeatherJacket & Leather Pants or RevIt Cr leather Jacket with Draggin Jeans. Dainese Torque out Boots & Dainese 4 Stroke Gloves. Forcefield Chest & back Body Armour... and a reminder to myself to wear nice stain free underwear just in case the EMT'S need to cut up your gear.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
As a Southern Gentleman, I usually ride wearing a white plantation-style suit, a wide-brimmed hat (also usually white) and tenpenny shoes. For accessories, a string or bow tie, a silver belt, and a full goatee are always appropriate. Socks are optional, underdrawers are NOT. Avoid gold trimmings. They are, quite simply, tacky.
:clap:
 
I have a 1st gear Katmandu jacket for late fall, winter, and wet riding. Rain pants are Frog Toggs. Dry cool weather gets my leather jacket and leather chaps, summertime I use my Joe Rocket mesh, if I run the freeway or if its a little bit chilly i.e, spring through early autumn leather vest goes over the mesh. Still haven't found a modular helmet that's affordable or comfortable w/eye glasses. I'm just a fat middle aged guy staying alive and enjoying riding.
 
" I'm just a fat middle aged guy staying alive and enjoying riding."

You just described half the members of this forum!
 
HJC is-max bt helmet, Joe Rocket Velocity Mesh Jacket, Velocity Gloves, Jeans, Running shoes. I know, boots are better - I just need to convince myself to buy a good pair.
 
Rick Froscheiser_imp said:
" I'm just a fat middle aged guy staying alive and enjoying riding."
You described me very well!
Yep, other than a full face helmet I dont take any special precautions. I just accept some risk and try to manage it the best I can with some common sense but there is not guarantee you are coming home. Right now, the deer really have me nervous in my area. And it only gets worse as fall comes.
 
In town I tend to wear Sliders Kevlar jeans and either a jacket in cooler weather, motocross armored shirt in hot weather. Just got back from a rally where I wore my Roadgear suit. Hit plenty of rain and it performed great. A lot better than my old Dry Rider stuff.
 
HJC IS Max BT helmet, Carhart canvas pants, long sleeve Hi-Viz shirt, gloves, RedHead Iron Horse side zip boots and a BIG GRIN!
 
holy smolly! they are proud of that jacket! that's what i paid for my a*'s racing leathers!
dang! i got leathers boots and gloves (all for racing) for what you paid for street jacket and pants! ouch!

and a helmet for what you paid for those gloves...

can i take out a loan from the bank of powersdubs? LOL!
 
I could be wrong, but I'd imagine the work in making a race suit is nowhere near as involved. (I've owned one before)

This jacket and pants have multiple vents with waterproof zippers, rain liners, cold weather liners, several pockets, zip together, lots of pad pockets, etc.

Watch the videos for the jacket and pants. They are really a great do it all setup, 4 season with excellent protection and build quality.

My safety is not something I price shop. I want the best. If there is anything else that is better that covers the range of capability that these do I haven't seen it. And yes, I paid even more to add on the spine and chest protection.

I didn't mention my winter gloves- but they are also Dainese and cost quite a bit more than my summer gloves. :)
 
Last year was my first year of riding. I went to the motorcycle show in Toronto and got kitted out. Did pretty well too. I got a Bell Qualifier Helmet, a Joe Rocket Mesh and Armoured Jacket, a Leather Jacket (no armour), and some Exustar boots.

This year being my second season I upgraded to the Shoei Qwest for a helmet and I got some Joe Rocket riding jeans. Knee armour, kevlar sliding zones, and some flexibility, I find them more comfortable to ride in and easier for mount and dismount than normal jeans. When it's hot I wear my AGV Laguna gloves, and my mesh jacket, when it's cold I wear full leather gloves and my leather jacket. I always wear jeans and boots and helmet.
 
postoak_imp said:
I started out riding in full leathers for safety's sake, but I don't think it is quite the image for the CB1100. So what do YOU wear?
What on earth difference does "image" make? I wear what WORKS. Aerostich Roadcrafter or Transit suit, full face Arai or Bell Star. I have no image concerns after 43 years and 850k+ on two wheels.
 
LOL...there are DOZENS of alternatives to Aerostich suits and Aria or Bell hemets, which "work"(from a protection perspective), bmwone. I think postoak's question was really what works for safety, but seems to work with the style of the bike. You're kidding yourself if you think that most riders only pay attention to the safety aspects of their riding apparel.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :)
 
My favorite bargain - Speed and Strength has a pull over mesh jersey with full armor available from motorcyclegear.com for less than $50.
 
Back
Top