the Ferret
Road warrior
See symmetry is so important..think how hard it would be to squat in the woods if you only had one leg. Nature tells us what is important 

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

How do you find the Bell helmet, David?Cormanus_imp said:How do you find the Bell helmet, David?davidsargee_imp said:WHEW!!!!! I'm 54, so I'm excluded. I'll let you know next year.Cormanus_imp said:WHEW!!!!! I'm 54, so I'm excluded. I'll let you know next year.davidsargee_imp said:WHEW!!!!! I'm 54, so I'm excluded. I'll let you know next year.postoak_imp said:Older = 55+ I guess.
What are draggin jeans?
I was thinking about one of those synthetic fiber jackets with the dayglo and all those pockets. The salesman at Gearworld tried to dissuade me -- said, something about them being for dual sport riders. I see them on U.K. riders all the time on youtube.
But HikerToo, you fit the bike in the first photo. Maybe I'll just trade my leather pants for Kevlar jeans with built-in knee protection. What brand/model of boots are those?![]()
![]()
Carn, David, Guth's fessed up and he's younger than you, surely you can.
I'm 58 and wear a KBC full-face helmet, RST Ventilator II Jacket (which is great in our climate as it has a waterproof layer and a thermal layer that can be taken in and out as necessary), RJays Tour AM boots, jeans or kevlar jeans and DriRider lightweight gloves most of the year. For the cooler winter days I have a pair of DriRider Nordic thermal gloves.
When it's raining, which it does, albeit rarely these days, I wear waterproof jacket and overpants.![]()
Carn, David, Guth's fessed up and he's younger than you, surely you can.
Ok, Bell Revolver modular helmet, with Blinc bluetooth system.
Jacket depends on temperature, I either wear a Johnny Rocket leather riding jacket, (below 60 degrees), or a BILT Mesh Jacket,(clearance at Cyclegear shop), both jackets are armored. I have a couple of pairs of riding gloves, don't remember the brand, one is heavy for cold weather, the others are lighter fabric for warmer climes.
I wear blue jeans all of the time, need to get some armor of some type, haven't decided which type. I usually wear my work boots, when riding, they are lace up boots, steel toe, with very good ankle support.
99 out of 100 rides, I am all about gear, and I would never suggest anyone ride without it, but I must admit, on occasion I am known to ride in shirt sleeves, helmet, blue jeans, and boots. It just feels good on a warm day, but these are only short rides, anything more than an hour or so is full battle dress.
Cheers.
I have only had the ZRX for a short while, and due to the brutal winter, have only been on it for around 100 miles. The ZRX is a far more powerful and 'serious' motorbike. Water cooled, zZR- based engine, And this one has a full Muzzy exhaust, air box removal and Pro- jet kit, so it's good for around 125bhp. It's fast.thessler3_imp said:CAPO - a quick unrelated question. How do you compare your CB1100 to your ZRX1200? Which is better and why?
), rather I wouldn't mind hearing more about this. I'd also love to see some pictures of that V7 Sport (if you have any). Beautiful bikes.I'm 55 and I wear Draggin' Jeans, a t-shirt, black leather Vetter jacket when it's chilly, or a First Gear silver/black mesh jacket when it's warm, a silver full-face HJC helmet, First Gear zip-up boots, and just whatever pair of many gloves I have that I grab at the time.postoak_imp said:I started out riding in full leathers for safety's sake, but I don't think it is quite the image for the CB1100. So what do YOU wear?
Thanks David. I'm a bit interested in the bluetooth option for occasional navigational purposes. I tried the EVO but I still had to take my specs off to get it on so I stuck with a straight full face.davidsargee_imp said:How do you find the Bell helmet, David?Cormanus_imp said:How do you find the Bell helmet, David?davidsargee_imp said:WHEW!!!!! I'm 54, so I'm excluded. I'll let you know next year.Cormanus_imp said:WHEW!!!!! I'm 54, so I'm excluded. I'll let you know next year.davidsargee_imp said:WHEW!!!!! I'm 54, so I'm excluded. I'll let you know next year.postoak_imp said:Older = 55+ I guess.
What are draggin jeans?
I was thinking about one of those synthetic fiber jackets with the dayglo and all those pockets. The salesman at Gearworld tried to dissuade me -- said, something about them being for dual sport riders. I see them on U.K. riders all the time on youtube.
But HikerToo, you fit the bike in the first photo. Maybe I'll just trade my leather pants for Kevlar jeans with built-in knee protection. What brand/model of boots are those?![]()
![]()
Carn, David, Guth's fessed up and he's younger than you, surely you can.
I'm 58 and wear a KBC full-face helmet, RST Ventilator II Jacket (which is great in our climate as it has a waterproof layer and a thermal layer that can be taken in and out as necessary), RJays Tour AM boots, jeans or kevlar jeans and DriRider lightweight gloves most of the year. For the cooler winter days I have a pair of DriRider Nordic thermal gloves.
When it's raining, which it does, albeit rarely these days, I wear waterproof jacket and overpants.![]()
Carn, David, Guth's fessed up and he's younger than you, surely you can.
Ok, Bell Revolver modular helmet, with Blinc bluetooth system.
Jacket depends on temperature, I either wear a Johnny Rocket leather riding jacket, (below 60 degrees), or a BILT Mesh Jacket,(clearance at Cyclegear shop), both jackets are armored. I have a couple of pairs of riding gloves, don't remember the brand, one is heavy for cold weather, the others are lighter fabric for warmer climes.
I wear blue jeans all of the time, need to get some armor of some type, haven't decided which type. I usually wear my work boots, when riding, they are lace up boots, steel toe, with very good ankle support.
99 out of 100 rides, I am all about gear, and I would never suggest anyone ride without it, but I must admit, on occasion I am known to ride in shirt sleeves, helmet, blue jeans, and boots. It just feels good on a warm day, but these are only short rides, anything more than an hour or so is full battle dress.
Cheers.
Cormanus,
Bell has upgraded this helmet a little and now calls it the Revolver EVO. It is a good modular helmet, at a reasonable price. I wear eye glasses and use a bluetooth for my phone, so the modular hat is right for me.
This helmet does not come with the bluetooth. I purchased a Blinc unit that can be used on almost any helmet. Amazon had them for under $80 U.S., it works very well for phone use, also can listen to the radio, music, etc. Not great sound quality for music, but clear voice. I don't listen to music anyway when riding, so it works for me.
Cheers
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
How do you find the Bell helmet, David?
Here is a link to the bluetooth, it is listed now at $100 U.S., but if you shop, you can get it cheaper.
Amazon.com: Blinc M2 Bluetooth Helmet Communication Module with FM Tuner : Electronics
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
How do you find the Bell helmet, David?
Here is a link to the bluetooth, it is listed now at $100 U.S., but if you shop, you can get it cheaper.
Amazon.com: Blinc M2 Bluetooth Helmet Communication Module with FM Tuner : Electronics
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
My main helmet is a Scorpion EXO-1100 with a Sena SMH10R Bluetooth unit (it's the tits for music and nav!) but I also use a Licks open face helmet with clear face shield and sunnies or goggles. Up to ~70 degrees F I wear my Schott 641 jacket in horsehide with jeans, Frye harness boots and Tourmaster goretex gloves. I'm actively shopping for a summer weight jacket, so I'm interested to hear what others are using. I live in Texas and I really dig retro style stuff that doesn't look silly off of the bike...I'm liking some of the Roland Sands waxed cotton jackets but they're pretty pricey!Houtman, Depends on what.LoLHoutman_imp said:Depends !!!

Houtman, Depends on what.LoLss2wheels_imp said:Houtman, Depends on what.LoLHoutman_imp said:Depends !!!![]()
Depends on how much drinking you plan to do while on your ride .....