peterbaron
Road warrior
Thank you and your son for your help but it did not work for me.Cormanus_imp said:So ... thanks to my son, I can report that the problem lies in a default setting in Chrome which forces websites to default to the secure "https://" setting. When one loads "Honda CB1100 Forum - For fans of Honda's CB1100" the browser looks for the various screen images using the https protocol and can't find them meaning they don't display. As I recall this forum has not been set up for the https protocol so it is not surprising.
See this page: How to stop Google Chrome from automatically redirecting to HTTPS to learn how to fix the problem.
I have followed the instructions there and so far, so good.
To each his/her/their/its own, Au₂O₃. I have used Chrome extensively in the Apple Mac OS and found it generally reliable and fast. I find Safari works well in the Apple ecosystem. I don't find Chrome as satisfactory on iOS and avoid using it there.
I asked my son for help and still no cure for this issue, and after reinstalling/updating the most resent Google Chrome my other Mac got screwed up :huh:
For the time being, I am using Firefox browser for one laptop.
Will take it to work to see what our IT professionals can do with it....or will stay with Ff from now on...
Thanks.
:worship:


