Corbin Gunfighter seat

AKB_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Any feedback on the Corbin Gunfighter seat?

Most pictures I've seen and feedback I've read have been on the other Corbin design. I had a Corbin on my Valkyrie and loved it, but was curious if anyone purchased this seat and is disappointed for any reason.

I really like the the hump back look to the seat - makes the bike look very cafe racer.
 
AKB_imp said:
Any feedback on the Corbin Gunfighter seat?

Most pictures I've seen and feedback I've read have been on the other Corbin design. I had a Corbin on my Valkyrie and loved it, but was curious if anyone purchased this seat and is disappointed for any reason.

I really like the the hump back look to the seat - makes the bike look very cafe racer.
Bought one from a forum member. It's a vast improvement over the stocker. I've had Corbin's on two other bikes, some people think they are to firm. They take a bit to break in, but I like them.
 
Thread starter
TCinNC_imp said:
AKB_imp said:
Any feedback on the Corbin Gunfighter seat?

Most pictures I've seen and feedback I've read have been on the other Corbin design. I had a Corbin on my Valkyrie and loved it, but was curious if anyone purchased this seat and is disappointed for any reason.

I really like the the hump back look to the seat - makes the bike look very cafe racer.
Bought one from a forum member. It's a vast improvement over the stocker. I've had Corbin's on two other bikes, some people think they are to firm. They take a bit to break in, but I like them.
Bought one from a forum member. It's a vast improvement over the stocker. I've had Corbin's on two other bikes, some people think they are to firm. They take a bit to break in, but I like them.
Yeah I loved my old Corbin.... broke down and ordered one today. I just can't stand the Honda factory seats. You can't put any miles on them.
 
I'm in the market myself. My lady friend hates the stock seat, which works against my ability to take as many long trips as I would like. Aside from the high cost, I'm nervous about the bulky look of the "gunfighter and lady saddle" but I don't think it will be too bad. Also, I can always keep my stock seat on hand for one-up rides.
 
Bought the double seat for Christmas have only sat on it for 5 min it felt great the butt was lower but the side are higher that made feet on floor different. Can't wait to get some miles on
 
Thread starter
superhawk_imp said:
Bought the double seat for Christmas have only sat on it for 5 min it felt great the butt was lower but the side are higher that made feet on floor different. Can't wait to get some miles on
That's exactly how I remember my Valkyrie Corbin seat the first time I sat in it.

Glad I pulled the trigger on it..... wish I had done it sooner.

Thanks for the feedback!
 
Thread starter
AKB_imp said:
superhawk_imp said:
Bought the double seat for Christmas have only sat on it for 5 min it felt great the butt was lower but the side are higher that made feet on floor different. Can't wait to get some miles on
That's exactly how I remember my Valkyrie Corbin seat the first time I sat in it.

Glad I pulled the trigger on it..... wish I had done it sooner.

Thanks for the feedback!
That's exactly how I remember my Valkyrie Corbin seat the first time I sat in it.

Glad I pulled the trigger on it..... wish I had done it sooner.

Thanks for the feedback!
150 miles in...... this seat changes the entire ride. Corbin makes a great one.
 
I still have a Corbin seat from my 2013 CB that I sold in Nov. of 2015... I'm pretty sure that it I'd.s the Gunfighter design. My seat is inlike new condition. About the seat.. height was similar to stock height but slightly wider. I rode my CB for a year before I changed anything. Once I got the Corbin I was much happier on longer rides. I'm out of town until the weekend but will post some pics onceI get home. I agree about the Cafe Racer look... had an 84 Nighthawk... and I fell in love with the CB because it remains need me of my first bike -- a 78 Yamaha RD400 R. quote='AKB' pid='162353' dateline='1485136308']
Any feedback on the Corbin Gunfighter seat?
Sure that
Most pictures I've seen and feedback I've read have been on the other Corbin design. I had a Corbin on my Valkyrie and loved it, but was curious if anyone purchased this seat and is disappointed for any reason.

I really like the the hump back look to the seat - makes the bike look very cafe racer.
[/QUOTE]
 
Put a gunfighter on my cb last summer. Made a huge difference in comfort and cruising range for me. With stock seat I had to get off after an hour or so to walk around and get the feeling back in my backside.
No problem with the gunfighter, plus it's big enough to have a little extra room to change positions once in a while.
My second best change I've made to the bike.
crutch.
 
Thread starter
crutch_imp said:
Put a gunfighter on my cb last summer. Made a huge difference in comfort and cruising range for me. With stock seat I had to get off after an hour or so to walk around and get the feeling back in my backside.
No problem with the gunfighter, plus it's big enough to have a little extra room to change positions once in a while.
My second best change I've made to the bike.
crutch.
Agreed - thanks for the feedback. I hear they get better over time too, as they break in. That was the case with my Valkyrie.... a little different style, but the seat just got better and better.
 
My Corbin seat was VAST improvement over stock, as I have posted here before. I've had other Corbins over the years and always liked them. I paid a little extra and waited a little longer as I had them move the hump-break back an inch, as I am tall. Don't know why Honda can't make a good seat, since most of their other stuff is fantastic. -- but as far as the name goes, 'Gunslinger and lady' is the stupidest name ever conceived for any product in the history of man
 
crutch_imp said:
Put a gunfighter on my cb last summer. Made a huge difference in comfort and cruising range for me. With stock seat I had to get off after an hour or so to walk around and get the feeling back in my backside.
No problem with the gunfighter, plus it's big enough to have a little extra room to change positions once in a while.
My second best change I've made to the bike.
crutch.

Ditto those seat comments. Stock seat is a 2x4 covered with pleather.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I have a gunfighter seat for my '13, hate it. The padding is raised on either side and make it uncomfortable for long rides. Put the stock seat back on. I'm going to sell the Corbin. I was pretty disappointed considering the rave reviews I've read over the years. YMMV.
 
Hi. Thanks for your post. I have taken long rides on the stock seat and feel a pinch on inner thighs after more then about an hour and a half and some feeling loss on my backside. Deffiinitely looking for something more comfortable for long rides,100miles+. I like the humpback look of the corbin too. I have read about sargent (spelling?) seats but not familiar with them at all. Willing to listen to other opinions on good looking seats for long rides.
 
I did a 4,000 mile trip with a brand new Corbin last summer, 1,700 with my wife on the back. It was superb. It's firm and you do sit back a bit more, but there's room to adjust. It worked for me.
 
crutch_imp said:
Put a gunfighter on my cb last summer. Made a huge difference in comfort and cruising range for me. With stock seat I had to get off after an hour or so to walk around and get the feeling back in my backside.
No problem with the gunfighter, plus it's big enough to have a little extra room to change positions once in a while.
My second best change I've made to the bike.
crutch.
mtneers_imp said:
crutch_imp said:
Put a gunfighter on my cb last summer. Made a huge difference in comfort and cruising range for me. With stock seat I had to get off after an hour or so to walk around and get the feeling back in my backside.
No problem with the gunfighter, plus it's big enough to have a little extra room to change positions once in a while.
My second best change I've made to the bike.
crutch.

Ditto those seat comments. Stock seat is a 2x4 covered with pleather.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Supervillian_imp said:
I have a gunfighter seat for my '13, hate it. The padding is raised on either side and make it uncomfortable for long rides. Put the stock seat back on. I'm going to sell the Corbin. I was pretty disappointed considering the rave reviews I've read over the years. YMMV.
perfect examples of why it's hard to take personal opinions from the internet as gospel. You just have to give it a shot and something may or may not work for you.
 
I bought the Gunfighter and Lady seat last year for my 2013--works fine for my wife and I when she wants to ride, which is not often for some reason. Much more comfortable than original for sure.
Put a "Russel Day Long" on my BMW RT, and it is the best seat for all day comfort that I have experienced, but also very pricey!
 
I had one and sold it. I wasn't that I didn't like the seat, it was comfy on my bum, BUT I am really tall at 6'4" and the Corbin just held me too far forward to be comfy. I guess I sit a little farther back on the seat than the size they designed the seat for. It pulled my legs up past the tank cut outs, and made the reach a little too short. Oddly it was totally uncomfortable.

Anyway, I don't have any complaints about the seat itself, I just thought it would be god to warn others who were tall in the saddle, that it might not fit. Definitely, if you are over 6'2" try to sit on one before you buy.

Since then I have decided that I like the flatness of the stock seat. It allows me to wiggle around and change positions easily on long rides. I think if I get another it will be the Daytona, or I might build onto the stocker and add an inch of memory foam.
 
Back
Top