Corbin Gunfighter seat

skidmarkart_imp said:
I had one and sold it. I wasn't that I didn't like the seat, it was comfy on my bum, BUT I am really tall at 6'4" and the Corbin just held me too far forward to be comfy. I guess I sit a little farther back on the seat than the size they designed the seat for. It pulled my legs up past the tank cut outs, and made the reach a little too short. Oddly it was totally uncomfortable.

Anyway, I don't have any complaints about the seat itself, I just thought it would be god to warn others who were tall in the saddle, that it might not fit. Definitely, if you are over 6'2" try to sit on one before you buy.

Since then I have decided that I like the flatness of the stock seat. It allows me to wiggle around and change positions easily on long rides. I think if I get another it will be the Daytona, or I might build onto the stocker and add an inch of memory foam.
There is a higher version available with the Corbin seat.
 
Well, it isn't so much the height, as where it holds my butt on the seat. The little divot made for the driver was about 2" - 3" too close to the bars for me. Too bad, it was comfortable, just too close. I am liking the idea of something like this from K&H, so I can move around..

Home - KandH
 
Hey guys. Does anyone else have the problem of their man bits going numb with the stock seat?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
 
Archie_imp said:
Hey guys. Does anyone else have the problem of their man bits going numb with the stock seat?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yes and that is why I switched to a Corbin.
 
paulw_imp said:
Archie_imp said:
Hey guys. Does anyone else have the problem of their man bits going numb with the stock seat?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yes and that is why I switched to a Corbin.
Yes and that is why I switched to a Corbin. And things are good now?


Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
 
yep. I rode with M109 guys to the smoky mountains on my 13 CB and had to cruise at 80-85 mph..... I was numb for more than a week LOL.... no issues with the 14 DLX with the 6 speed though :-)
 
I've had the Gunfighter a little over a year. The passenger part holds a soft tailbag. Still trying to convince myself it was the right seat decision for me. I've added an AirHawk pad, with numerous adjustments of air and now I have added a 1" foam which has helped some. I also have a sheepskin cover. If I knew the Corbin was going to be so hard, I would have bought something else. The concept seems to be a wide, flat seat but my butt isn't flat. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the best, I rate the Corbin a 3 and the Honda stock seat a 1.
 
I bought one for my 2013 and found it a 100% improvement over the stock seat and with the backrest felt better hauling a passenger.
 
I was looking at the standard gunfighter and can someone with the seat explain how the back is. it looks like it has the cafe racer style cowl (?) thing behind the main riders seat... is that a seat as well, so my rare passenger could sit on that part or would that not be a good thing and i should toss the stock seat back on for when i have a passenger?


pic from their website explaining what im talking about.
Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Online Shopping | 800-538-7035

Thanks,
Jermo
 
jermo47_imp said:
I was looking at the standard gunfighter and can someone with the seat explain how the back is. it looks like it has the cafe racer style cowl (?) thing behind the main riders seat... is that a seat as well, so my rare passenger could sit on that part or would that not be a good thing and i should toss the stock seat back on for when i have a passenger?


pic from their website explaining what im talking about.
Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Online Shopping | 800-538-7035

Thanks,
Jermo
I've had the single seat gunfighter for a year now, the back part is leather, semi-cushioned, but it is not flat, and slopes to the rear. It is not a seat that a second rider would want to sit on for more than a couple of miles.
I kept my original seat in the off chance that I should need to take on a passenger at sometime.
I really like the seat, it's a 100% improvement over the original for me, but I'm thinking about taking it to a local upholstery place and see if they can add a half inch of memory foam, or more cushion of some sort.
crutch
 
I had pretty good luck on my Norge with beaded seat overlay, I made it myself in Mexico from a beaded car seat insert. Wallyworld has them for $10...
 
Speed_imp said:
I received a gunfighter from Corbin right today. I ordered it 3 months ago.
Thats crazy , i got my standard gunfighter in 2 weeks, that was built exactly like the one on their site with the red stitching/piping etc. Looks sweet though
 
I ordered it with silver piping so it matches with the silver line on the fuel tank and the chromes. It looks great but it's hard as a rock. It's lower than the stock seat and it places your butt closer to the passenger place. I will give it a long ride as soon as I change my tires and I'll take some photos.
 
Good night those black and silver CBs are gorgeous, and the Corbin looks good on one.
 
AKB_imp said:
Any feedback on the Corbin Gunfighter seat?

Most pictures I've seen and feedback I've read have been on the other Corbin design. I had a Corbin on my Valkyrie and loved it, but was curious if anyone purchased this seat and is disappointed for any reason.

I really like the the hump back look to the seat - makes the bike look very cafe racer.
After some kilometers I can give a feedback on the seat. First of all I ordered the seat on Aug 15th and received it Nov 7th. I thought I had already lost the money (around 700€ with delivery expenses to Spain), so the quality of the service was... let's say improvable. It weights more than the stock one and fits correctly to the DLX, maybe too tight to the tank. The look is amazing. It's very hard but comfortable as the shape adapts perfectly to the contact area of your butt and legs so the pressure in all that area is uniform. You can drive for hours and there won't be a point of pain in any area of your butt, then you start realising you are on a very comfortable seat, it feels like you were sitting on a much softer seat. The driving position is much better than with the stock seat, lower. You have the right to drive lower. I don't think any of the other solo seats available for the bike can reach the look nor the quality of the Corbin.
 
White Dog_imp said:
I've had the Gunfighter a little over a year. The passenger part holds a soft tailbag. Still trying to convince myself it was the right seat decision for me. I've added an AirHawk pad, with numerous adjustments of air and now I have added a 1" foam which has helped some. I also have a sheepskin cover. If I knew the Corbin was going to be so hard, I would have bought something else. The concept seems to be a wide, flat seat but my butt isn't flat. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the best, I rate the Corbin a 3 and the Honda stock seat a 1.
By that metric, the Corbin seat is 200% better than the Honda stock seat.
Archie_imp said:
Hey guys. Does anyone else have the problem of their man bits going numb with the stock seat?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Could also be your [short] inseam and pant fabric is tensioning more than expected on the stock seat. Change your model of pants and see if the problem persists. In addition, problem can get a lot worse (and dangerous) if the inseam gets soaked.

In the latter case, and in particular on the stock seat, simply stand up and wrank that inseam until the tension is relieved. The bits comfort should immediately improve.
 
greekcb_imp said:
Speed_imp said:
I received a gunfighter from Corbin right today. I ordered it 3 months ago.
Thats crazy , i got my standard gunfighter in 2 weeks, that was built exactly like the one on their site with the red stitching/piping etc. Looks sweet though
Thats crazy , i got my standard gunfighter in 2 weeks, that was built exactly like the one on their site with the red stitching/piping etc. Looks sweet though
My Corbin seat arrived this week, a little less than three weeks after I ordered it. I chose a Gunfighter & Lady in all tan, including the welt. The only contrasting element was the Corbin logo in red to match the tank. The tan is a good bit lighter than I expected, and I may take it to an upholstery shop to have it darkened to a mid-tan. I probably should have had the welt match the tank as well.

The seat is a great improvement over stock, and although it has probably less than a half inch of padding, it is more comfortable. Because it’s wider, it feel much more in control. With the stock bench seat, I sometimes felt like I was balancing on a sawhorse and might get bucked off when I hit a bump.
 
Speed_imp said:
AKB_imp said:
Any feedback on the Corbin Gunfighter seat?

Most pictures I've seen and feedback I've read have been on the other Corbin design. I had a Corbin on my Valkyrie and loved it, but was curious if anyone purchased this seat and is disappointed for any reason.

I really like the the hump back look to the seat - makes the bike look very cafe racer.
After some kilometers I can give a feedback on the seat. First of all I ordered the seat on Aug 15th and received it Nov 7th. I thought I had already lost the money (around 700€ with delivery expenses to Spain), so the quality of the service was... let's say improvable. It weights more than the stock one and fits correctly to the DLX, maybe too tight to the tank. The look is amazing. It's very hard but comfortable as the shape adapts perfectly to the contact area of your butt and legs so the pressure in all that area is uniform. You can drive for hours and there won't be a point of pain in any area of your butt, then you start realising you are on a very comfortable seat, it feels like you were sitting on a much softer seat. The driving position is much better than with the stock seat, lower. You have the right to drive lower. I don't think any of the other solo seats available for the bike can reach the look nor the quality of the Corbin.
After some kilometers I can give a feedback on the seat. First of all I ordered the seat on Aug 15th and received it Nov 7th. I thought I had already lost the money (around 700€ with delivery expenses to Spain), so the quality of the service was... let's say improvable. It weights more than the stock one and fits correctly to the DLX, maybe too tight to the tank. The look is amazing. It's very hard but comfortable as the shape adapts perfectly to the contact area of your butt and legs so the pressure in all that area is uniform. You can drive for hours and there won't be a point of pain in any area of your butt, then you start realising you are on a very comfortable seat, it feels like you were sitting on a much softer seat. The driving position is much better than with the stock seat, lower. You have the right to drive lower. I don't think any of the other solo seats available for the bike can reach the look nor the quality of the Corbin. I heard thru the grapevine that your seat got delayed because Marc Marques tried on his Honda Moto GP bike but found it too comfortable and fell asleep on while testing.
 
Back
Top