CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter
5679c5164a59e5b0a3b3c4fd521d497a.jpg


American Legion Hall #36. Des Plaines, IL


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Fraternal Order of Eagles (whatever that is? I thought this place was a VFW?) Batavia Ohio

7d5b850d17299ea7dfbe8aac9683eef5.jpg
 
Wasn't planning on getting any of these pics when I started out today, but happened to pass by the first one accidentally, then decided to scout out the next two in order to extend my ride on a beautiful Texas day. Thanks to the Monthly Photo Challenge for turning my 25 mile errand ride into a 51 mile day ride. And for getting me to see parts of town only 10 miles from where I live that I haven't seen in the 17 years I've lived here.

VFW Post 9168 - Lewisville, TX
31fe560823e983b776d16b840d95b9e7.jpg


American Legion Post 88 - Lake Dallas, TX
dd6f9ebbdb9079c2dce2d22f21778a8e.jpg


VFW Post 10460 - Lake Dallas, TX
19bd32cda5c7c88246d0f92e0011593c.jpg
 
And that's the spirit of the monthly photo contest

Good job TxBikerGuy
 
I haven't participated in the photo contest in a while so I decided to do my part for the forum. Christmas day is slow around the house due to Covid. I already walked the dog earlier so I had some time. Temps had risen to 31 and there was very little moisture on the road from melting snow on the edges. No ice and roads had been clear for a 3+ days now. Checked gas.. 3/4's of a tank . The CB fired up on the first turn of the key since being put to sleep for the season.

While warming it up I searched for the nearest VFW on Google maps. I knew there was one close by but on the search it didn't come up. What? A VFW went out of business? You'd think for a country that's been at war continuously since 1991 the VFW's would by now outnumber fast food franchises. OK, found one...36 miles away...off I go.

The ride is uneventful. I pull into the parking lot mid afternoon and as I go to shut the bike off the gas gauge is down to one bar and blinking furiously. How did that happen? It showed 3/4 full as I left the house. Must have looked at it wrong in the shadowy garage light. Problem is I don't have gloves or hand sanitizer to stop at a pump. I limp home without issue keeping the throttle under control.

Merry Christmas one and all!

d969db58ffdb802da4531dd592844637.jpg


b03f8fdbb8d58f98306564fe594487b7.jpg


Looking east at the Wasatch Range miles south of my house en-route to the VFW.

97be74aa8f9b6b9e99af89e8cd35fd52.jpg
 
Frulk_imp said:
I haven't participated in the photo contest in a while so I decided to do my part for the forum. Christmas day is slow around the house due to Covid. I already walked the dog earlier so I had some time. Temps had risen to 31 and there was very little moisture on the road from melting snow on the edges. No ice and roads had been clear for a 3+ days now. Checked gas.. 3/4's of a tank . The CB fired up on the first turn of the key since being put to sleep for the season.

While warming it up I searched for the nearest VFW on Google maps. I knew there was one close by but on the search it didn't come up. What? A VFW went out of business? You'd think for a country that's been at war continuously since 1991 the VFW's would by now outnumber fast food franchises. OK, found one...36 miles away...off I go.

The ride is uneventful. I pull into the parking lot mid afternoon and as I go to shut the bike off the gas gauge is down to one bar and blinking furiously. How did that happen? It showed 3/4 full as I left the house. Must have looked at it wrong in the shadowy garage light. Problem is I don't have gloves or hand sanitizer to stop at a pump. I limp home without issue keeping the throttle under control.

Merry Christmas one and all!

d969db58ffdb802da4531dd592844637.jpg


b03f8fdbb8d58f98306564fe594487b7.jpg


Looking east at the Wasatch Range miles south of my house en-route to the VFW.

97be74aa8f9b6b9e99af89e8cd35fd52.jpg
Nice backdrop Frulk. Next time you figure you might need gas but don't have the protection, consider wrapping the fuel pump dispenser in gas station paper towel. As for the pump buttons, use a knuckle and after clean the skin off with some squeegee wiper fluid and towel. Just don't touch your face.
 
Frulk_imp said:
I haven't participated in the photo contest in a while so I decided to do my part for the forum. Christmas day is slow around the house due to Covid. I already walked the dog earlier so I had some time. Temps had risen to 31 and there was very little moisture on the road from melting snow on the edges. No ice and roads had been clear for a 3+ days now. Checked gas.. 3/4's of a tank . The CB fired up on the first turn of the key since being put to sleep for the season.

While warming it up I searched for the nearest VFW on Google maps. I knew there was one close by but on the search it didn't come up. What? A VFW went out of business? You'd think for a country that's been at war continuously since 1991 the VFW's would by now outnumber fast food franchises. OK, found one...36 miles away...off I go.

The ride is uneventful. I pull into the parking lot mid afternoon and as I go to shut the bike off the gas gauge is down to one bar and blinking furiously. How did that happen? It showed 3/4 full as I left the house. Must have looked at it wrong in the shadowy garage light. Problem is I don't have gloves or hand sanitizer to stop at a pump. I limp home without issue keeping the throttle under control.

Merry Christmas one and all!

d969db58ffdb802da4531dd592844637.jpg


b03f8fdbb8d58f98306564fe594487b7.jpg


Looking east at the Wasatch Range miles south of my house en-route to the VFW.

97be74aa8f9b6b9e99af89e8cd35fd52.jpg
Great pics! I lived in SLC back in 1985 and miss the view of those beautiful Wasatch Mountains.
 
Django... good to hear from you. Next time you’re over we’ll ride all the mountain ranges you missed on your last trip. You can use one of my bikes. Will simplify the trip. Frohe Weihnachten!
 
I rode to Spanish Fork, about a 30 minute ride, to get this before it snowed again and the roads become treacherous. It was cold, but thanks for the challenge!


peterbaron_imp said:
Sorry but I am bit lost...what is this month/Dec photo contest???
Here's the Dec challenge from EmptySea :"...Post an American Legion or a VFW Hall. For those in other countries, here is an alternative challenge. A trail head/start of hiking trail."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top