emptysea
Road warrior
Thread starter
American Legion Hall #36. Des Plaines, IL
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Nice backdrop Frulk. Next time you figure you might need gas but don't have the protection, consider wrapping the fuel pump dispenser in gas station paper towel. As for the pump buttons, use a knuckle and after clean the skin off with some squeegee wiper fluid and towel. Just don't touch your face.Frulk_imp said:I haven't participated in the photo contest in a while so I decided to do my part for the forum. Christmas day is slow around the house due to Covid. I already walked the dog earlier so I had some time. Temps had risen to 31 and there was very little moisture on the road from melting snow on the edges. No ice and roads had been clear for a 3+ days now. Checked gas.. 3/4's of a tank . The CB fired up on the first turn of the key since being put to sleep for the season.
While warming it up I searched for the nearest VFW on Google maps. I knew there was one close by but on the search it didn't come up. What? A VFW went out of business? You'd think for a country that's been at war continuously since 1991 the VFW's would by now outnumber fast food franchises. OK, found one...36 miles away...off I go.
The ride is uneventful. I pull into the parking lot mid afternoon and as I go to shut the bike off the gas gauge is down to one bar and blinking furiously. How did that happen? It showed 3/4 full as I left the house. Must have looked at it wrong in the shadowy garage light. Problem is I don't have gloves or hand sanitizer to stop at a pump. I limp home without issue keeping the throttle under control.
Merry Christmas one and all!
![]()
![]()
Looking east at the Wasatch Range miles south of my house en-route to the VFW.
![]()
Great pics! I lived in SLC back in 1985 and miss the view of those beautiful Wasatch Mountains.Frulk_imp said:I haven't participated in the photo contest in a while so I decided to do my part for the forum. Christmas day is slow around the house due to Covid. I already walked the dog earlier so I had some time. Temps had risen to 31 and there was very little moisture on the road from melting snow on the edges. No ice and roads had been clear for a 3+ days now. Checked gas.. 3/4's of a tank . The CB fired up on the first turn of the key since being put to sleep for the season.
While warming it up I searched for the nearest VFW on Google maps. I knew there was one close by but on the search it didn't come up. What? A VFW went out of business? You'd think for a country that's been at war continuously since 1991 the VFW's would by now outnumber fast food franchises. OK, found one...36 miles away...off I go.
The ride is uneventful. I pull into the parking lot mid afternoon and as I go to shut the bike off the gas gauge is down to one bar and blinking furiously. How did that happen? It showed 3/4 full as I left the house. Must have looked at it wrong in the shadowy garage light. Problem is I don't have gloves or hand sanitizer to stop at a pump. I limp home without issue keeping the throttle under control.
Merry Christmas one and all!
![]()
![]()
Looking east at the Wasatch Range miles south of my house en-route to the VFW.
![]()

lol - and lightin' 'em will sterilize everything. :bacon:Houtman_imp said:Dousing your hands in gasoline will disinfect them plus you smell like a mechanic.
Here's the Dec challenge from EmptySea :"...Post an American Legion or a VFW Hall. For those in other countries, here is an alternative challenge. A trail head/start of hiking trail."peterbaron_imp said:Sorry but I am bit lost...what is this month/Dec photo contest???
PB: Pop down to your local 'merican vetran's legion in the greater Toronto area, but watch out for the icy streets. The top-heavy inline-4 is unforgiving. Good luck.peterbaron_imp said:Sorry but I am bit lost...what is this month/Dec photo contest???
PB: Would anyone notice if you "photo-shopped" yer beast in front of a ice-laden legion?peterbaron_imp said:No riding for me in winter.
Just wanted to know.
Thanks