CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure does. I've become acquained with a Ural owner in our town. He can't leave it parked anywhere without having five conversations about it before he can get on it and ride.
 
cookiemech_imp said:
Does this count? Three wheels and not four?
The answer is yes and no
All Ural specialists like GO and myself know that each Ural is a three-wheeler and ALWAYS equipped with a spare wheel as #4.
You qualified due to fact that the 4th (spare) wheel is not spinning..:D

Don't know if you know that GO and myself have scheduled Ural visit in Acton, ON and it has been postponed a few times due to covid.
https://www.uralontario.ca/
Go Ural go :thumbsup:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
cookiemech_imp said:
Does this count? Three wheels and not four?
The answer is yes and no
All Ural specialists like GO and myself know that each Ural is a three-wheeler and ALWAYS equipped with a spare wheel as #4.
You qualified due to fact that the 4th (spare) wheel is not spinning..:D

Don't know if you know that GO and myself have scheduled Ural visit in Acton, ON and it has been postponed a few times due to covid.
https://www.uralontario.ca/
Go Ural go :thumbsup:
It will be a little incredible if they remain in business after the pandemic.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Somehow I think the Subaru would be more comfortable in the snow. But, I have only driven a Subaru, not a three-wheeler in the snow, so how would I know?
Yes, of course the Subaru is the superior option in the snow; I have highway tires on the Ural (though of course snow tires are available) and don't really take it out in bad conditions. What I actually drive if there's some snow is a Honda Fit with four Blizzaks; if there's more than a bit, I stay home :). The Subaru was my winter ride when I had to work for a living, and now it sits, clean and waxed, in my nice warm garage. It would go out in an emergency.
 
the challenge is your bike at a Beach? Pffft So Cal has nothing on So Oh

Turn left to get to the beach ....

e8e9a1c8b7388d0d1edb21ee1040d5a5.jpg


Be sure to follow the beach rules...

58fadf9c4174409cb880cd59bf8dcc08.jpg


The advantage of going to a beach in Ohio when it's 37 degrees is you pretty much have the beach to yourself. Time to catch some rays .....

6359734952feaf751e4e69a8dd5d05c8.jpg


the kid in me made me run and scatter the gulls

48cac4ed30de25138a1f4ea63e0dc9e1.jpg
 
Nice! If I were a bird and a huge black and yellow monster ran at me, I'd fly away too!
 
The ferret_imp said:
the challenge is your bike at a Beach? Pffft So Cal has nothing on So Oh

Turn left to get to the beach ....

e8e9a1c8b7388d0d1edb21ee1040d5a5.jpg


Be sure to follow the beach rules...

58fadf9c4174409cb880cd59bf8dcc08.jpg


The advantage of going to a beach in Ohio when it's 37 degrees is you pretty much have the beach to yourself. Time to catch some rays .....

6359734952feaf751e4e69a8dd5d05c8.jpg


the kid in me made me run and scatter the gulls

48cac4ed30de25138a1f4ea63e0dc9e1.jpg
Awesome photo challenge post! :beerchug: :celebrate: :thanks:
Is there a winner each month? I know it's early in the contest but you should win. :biker:
 
The ferret_imp said:
the challenge is your bike at a Beach? Pffft So Cal has nothing on So Oh

Turn left to get to the beach ....

e8e9a1c8b7388d0d1edb21ee1040d5a5.jpg


Be sure to follow the beach rules...

58fadf9c4174409cb880cd59bf8dcc08.jpg


The advantage of going to a beach in Ohio when it's 37 degrees is you pretty much have the beach to yourself. Time to catch some rays .....

6359734952feaf751e4e69a8dd5d05c8.jpg


the kid in me made me run and scatter the gulls

48cac4ed30de25138a1f4ea63e0dc9e1.jpg
I want to see the video! :D
 
Quote:First time he's been called "huge"
To a ten-inch tall bird, he's huge.
I keep my bulky winter riding jacket and boots in the garage when I get home or the cats would hide under the couch for two hours.
 
Since it was a beautiful Saturday, I had finished my chores, and my wife was working, I got some garage time and a nice ride.

Since I don’t ride in the rain, and it rains in winter here, technically I have “a winter car.” Hard to take a picture of it with my bike until I backed my wife’s car out to give me room for some chain maintenance and undercarriage detailing.

The Fiesta ST is usually dormant unless I need to carry something that won’t fit in my Givi, it’s raining, it’s headed to an autocross, or I just feel guilty for not driving it. I love it, handles like a go kart.

But, it rides more like a shopping cart, so we take the CRV if my wife is along for anything more than a quick trip, or it’s raining more than my semi-track tires would be able to deal with.

Once my work was done I headed out to the beach to get my photo challenge picture. When I got to Newport Beach, I spotted something interesting.

The Wild Goose was John Wayne’s personal yacht. It was converted from a Navy boat, and is now used for cruises around Newport Harbor. A few years ago, my wife’s company hired it for their Christmas Party, so we got to spend some time on it, and check out lots of historical details.

From Newport, I headed south to Laguna Beach. A nice way to enjoy going somewhere other than my office.
 
Ha. You are right, Gold. The reason I got such a clear and unobstructed view of the beach is that I was the first vehicle at the previous stoplight and nobody had passed me.
 
Thread starter
Not sure if this qualifies as a “beach”. Too dark to risk riding on the steep roads that would get me to an actual beach on Lake Michigan. This was taken at the Coast Guard Station at Wilmette Harbor which is part of Lake Michigan. 46 miles today about half of it in the dark.

9c31207d005b5dc34c256d660a1d851a.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Not sure if this qualifies as a “beach”. Too dark to risk riding on the steep roads that would get me to an actual beach on Lake Michigan. This was taken at the Coast Guard Station at Wilmette Harbor which is part of Lake Michigan. 46 miles today about half of it in the dark.

9c31207d005b5dc34c256d660a1d851a.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More importantly, back in the saddle again MTC, with spirit!
 
Yeah, just nice to see that bike (and you) back on the road! And if there's water in the background, and you are on the not-water part, that's a beach.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top