'79 GL1000, 60Kms

peterbaron

Road warrior
Thread starter
Speak up/comment about this one, please.

6d46ed9d0d48ba3eb62f7ccc6aa8c5ff.jpg


77be74d09068c56d0b71f72016c27876.jpg


091c61c4d32ac726c55dbce79f828893.jpg


d895ccb3098e10448974df16ccb980cf.jpg


Thanks.
 
I like the blue PB.
It has shaft drive.
No RLETs.
Looks like in good shape.
Video of how it sounds?
How much is it?
If there was ever a "mafia bike", this would be a candidate.
I think Chuck should buy it. :D
 
That is quite a gem! My first job at the Honda shop was to assemble and set-up bikes, including our first 1975 Gold Wing. I wasn't allowed to ride them, but one of the mechanics wheelied it up and down the main street in front of the shop. Left quite an impression on me

But the '78-'79s are my favorites now. They look a lot more muscular, they have more torque, and I love Comstars. The turn signals on the '79 would always crack at the screw. I almost bought a '78 before I got my 2017 CB1100. Maybe it's still available....
 
That is so cool :cool:
The bike is the 70's equivalent of bell bottom trousers....super retro.

No missing them lights either.

I'd love to have a ride on one of them.

:biker:
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
Peter : you should buy this beautiful bike : you deserve it for being such a nice guy.
:rofl:, John, I am not nice guy at all: have NO RLETs, do not like ugly women and HD..
....anyhow, working on this blue issue
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Peter : you should buy this beautiful bike : you deserve it for being such a nice guy.
:rofl:, John, I am not nice guy at all: have NO RLETs, do not like ugly women and HD..
....anyhow, working on this blue issue
:rofl:, John, I am not nice guy at all: have NO RLETs, do not like ugly women and HD..
....anyhow, working on this blue issue Peter :all the three things you mentioned I feel the same about, we must both be nice !
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Peter : you should buy this beautiful bike : you deserve it for being such a nice guy.
:rofl:, John, I am not nice guy at all: have NO RLETs, do not like ugly women and HD..
....anyhow, working on this blue issue
:rofl:, John, I am not nice guy at all: have NO RLETs, do not like ugly women and HD..
....anyhow, working on this blue issue Peter :all the three things you mentioned I feel the same about, we must both be nice !
:rofl:, John, I am not nice guy at all: have NO RLETs, do not like ugly women and HD..
....anyhow, working on this blue issue Peter :all the three things you mentioned I feel the same about, we must both be nice !
It's called hat trick.
I'll tell you more for our good luck::
add year in which you were born + your age in this year = it will always be 2020, no matter what and who , even your cat, dog and all secret girlfriends :thumbsup::banana:
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Tricky guy Mr. PB. (RE: 2020)

- - -

What does such a GoldWing go for?
GO, sorry but at this moment, I decline to answer.
I will everybody know at the later time, since I have not seen it yet...maybe this or next weekend ???
I have to keep my excitement on a very short leash ...otherwise, I would buy every other nice bike, giving my wife hard time to accept our garage full of m/bikes.
:biker:.......... + :biker: ???
 
it looks nice Peter !! .. I think I owned its brother.. when you check out the bike, pay close attention to the volt meter.. make sure it climbs up there after a minute or two.. the one I had, I bought for about $500. of course this was years ago.. the seller thought the alternator was bad.. it would barely hold 12v on the gauge.. that would mean pulling the motor.. it turned out to be the 3 pin connector 12inches off of the alternator .. common problem .. lots of juice passing through there.. add a little corrosion and you have a toaster.. good luck my friend !! ..
Chuckk ..
.
c0b5d964db0a9098720592bcd2692505.jpg
 
This GL1000 has been tempting me for a month! It started on Craigslist at $1600, now has dropped to $1000 firm.



"1979 Honda Goldwing 1000. 22K Miles. Purchased it from a gentleman last year who had it sitting in his living room since 1984 (kept old tag on). Rode it a couple times and just been sitting. No time for it. Ran great! Would definitely need a tune by now. Price is firm!"

I made an appointment to see it but cancelled because I can't justify it. It will need tires, tubes, battery, brake work, carb work, and lots more, plus already $300 in registration. But still thinking.....
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Gee, still does seem almost like a hobbyist wet dream. The perceived work is surmountable.
I know, but it's a project I want but don't need. I already have several of those. But the sound those stock early flat fours made still reminds me of the first time I ever heard one......I've still got it bookmarked. :s
 
Thread starter
Geeees...do not know from where to start and how to begin with.....this guy is just so straightforward and so nice that I would spend days and nights talking to him about bikes and related issues. Had only 1/2 hr but spent 60 min and my son with his girlfriend waiting patiently in my car.
In his tiny garage he has few jewels in pristine and OEM condition, all are 1000cc and from 1970-ies, a real private museum, all running daily when weather permits.
This is his email to me after my todays visit:

"Hi Peter,
It was pleasure to meet you and I really enjoyed our meeting, these ones are the bikes for sale:
1- 1979 Honda GL1000 with 60,000km in Blue ..........
2- 1978 Suzuki GS1000E with 24,000km in Black second edition $7,500
3- 1978 Suzuki GS1000EC with 21,000km in Blue first edition $ 7,500
4- 1976 Honda GL1000 LTD with 28,000 miles in Marron asking $9,000
All the bikes are completely refurbished and 100% stock with original km, and all in daily ride condition, take care my friend all the best."

I told him, I'll get back to him within a weak, cos I have to cool down my excitement, otherwise I would buy them all, which would definitely send my wife to a nearby hospital...

See the pics, otherwise you would tell me that I am lying....

1d68f3f1ca63d21f84e3d3458f092069.jpg


330f432872eb5e9eb84479296beffb4a.jpg


4773f8a832f44120e79a53230f4b172f.jpg


85d6b5af193db7ceb79f4c325c708f5f.jpg


69c1e0c20c8534ae969e89f033b29ced.jpg


eb4095d2efdc2b2c18ddd41caf221bd2.jpg


81964de7823fe6f23173ef3163a3d210.jpg


625b416b29ce64ad27b56665462cb44d.jpg


4435d12742bd4160d6a57df862c3d8e8.jpg


92d21afae417be43377571466bf8c88e.jpg


266f4af9aaab1c6357c6a0a1548c20e5.jpg






...to be continued...
...page 2















:D
 
Back
Top