2022 Kawasaki Z650RS

Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
At this point it is...:s
Sounds like the Z900RS is it. :-/
Sounds like the Z900RS is it. :-/
The Z900RS is a nice bike, but no need for me to replace one of 1100cc with 900cc.
I would be just lovely if any Japanese bike came to this market as an inline-4/550-750cc.....air/liquid cooled inline-4 Honda CB, I wish
 
Thread starter
They have one GREENE Z650RS IN STOCK, and I am going on Tuesday to take a look at it..
 
Thread starter
82d128e0ab0f80f3b03635c101936dee.jpg

8cc0c0ac9588be95cb656c430b1466ca.jpg

commercial look pics ^^

So, today I went to a dealer to take a personal look and physical fitment of the 2023 Kawasaki Z650RS.

My first impression when I sat on it was its lightweight. Obviously, the side stand keeps the RS in a much more upright position than our CB, and also its gas tank was empty. Then, I swang the bike from the left to the right to confirm its lighter weight of about 50 kg/110 lbs.
The seat height is perfect for me as well, and the cable-operated clutch feels smooth, just like our CB.
I love its candy emerald green colour, Kawasaki thick emblem on the tank, golden mags, green front fender, Dunlop 17" tires, and comfy seat.

4439420239e6f78160b4c247e38f9fda.jpg


The headers that go "across" the bike and the rad do not look so ugly and do not attract your attention as in a commercial pic....
7a6d5073024a40ca889dc817d407a1f2.jpg


...and you do not even see them when sitting on the bike
d1693499a45ad23a254c9ac85d448400.jpg


What I dislike about the RS:
The rear black plastic fender
The entirely brushed steel type exhaust system
* no classic-chrome cigar muffler
* a mini tail pipe
0bed9c06550dd9b47388f58fc634b7fa.jpg


* lacking chrome in general, instead it has the handlebar, lower forks painted matt black
32966a1a4b4dbf8134ccd1052ad68319.jpg


Some engine side sections have a"cheaper" and "bussy" look
abfc3b599b693965da8322a4ba35929b.jpg

Note: there is a cover missing behind the engine

The headlamp seems to be "lost" bellow the gauges and is lacking proportions
9f36380d08b01489eb33107717a6c32d.jpg


bd974d743c9adb3aa15d7ab2a566f3b1.jpg


The mirrors and a couple of other small items were missing from this bike.
There are some OEM and more aftermarket accessories available.
https://www.kawasaki.ca/en-ca/shop/accessories/motorcycle/er650mpfnn
Kawasaki motorcycle accessories – SW-MOTECH

Kawasaki extended 2 year warranty for additional C$750.

Price as shown C$11,500 + taxes, license fee and pdi.

The worst: Kawasaki Canada does not have any test ride days at all.

The bottom line:
I like the bike and in my "dislike" opinion I was little bias due to constant comparison with my CBs...
In case of buying, my white CB will have to go, either as a trade or in a private sale due to no room in a double garage and my cars won't be parked outside.

Just got an email and awaiting an approximate trade price tomorrow, so will see what is next for me and my white CB.
 
I think you would grow to appreciate that "little less chrome" when it comes to taking the bike out in inclement weather. I always cringe on the CB if I am caught in the rain.
 
Tev62_imp said:
I think you would grow to appreciate that "little less chrome" when it comes to taking the bike out in inclement weather. I always cringe on the CB if I am caught in the rain.
Definitely. Much easier to clean.
 
Thread starter
Found a rental 2017 Z650 near me.....awaiting response
Very similar bike if not identical engine
:banana:
Tev62_imp said:
I think you would grow to appreciate that "little less chrome" when it comes to taking the bike out in inclement weather. I always cringe on the CB if I am caught in the rain.
What you mean caught in the rain, can bike get wet?...me no ride when is wet outside :P
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Found a rental 2017 Z650 near me.....awaiting response
Very similar bike if not identical engine
:banana:
Tev62_imp said:
I think you would grow to appreciate that "little less chrome" when it comes to taking the bike out in inclement weather. I always cringe on the CB if I am caught in the rain.
What you mean caught in the rain, can bike get wet?...me no ride when is wet outside :P
Riding in the rain is a part of the "freedom" (not ideal though).

PB - tell readers more about this 2017 Z650 "rental" thing?
 
Checked out the dealership near Mom's house over the weekend. They had a green and a black Z650RS. I was drawn to the green/gold one like moth to a street lamp.

Sitting on it, the ergonomics felt right. It's definitely on my "If I could have just one more" short list.
 
Sat + fit + like it - just bought a bike / which bike to sell X don't want to sell - "Where do you think you're going to put another bike" / "I'll find someplace" X "No more things with wheels on them" + "But ooh look, it has gold wheels, you like gold wheels!" - "Not enough to justify a fourth motorcycle" / "Wait, how did you end up with three motorcycles, when did you get a third one?" = Keep what I have now.
 
I feel your pain, Gone. I just found a beautiful Harley Fat Boy and hesitated long enough to lose out on it, but now I have the itch. My wife never gives me any heart-ache about my "hobbies," but I still feel guilty. Now, the Model T is getting to a point that I should probably get rid of it and that will give me more room in the garage and much less guilt next time I see another bike I can't resist.
 
No guilt on my end. Two cars and three motorcycles in my garage, and Mom's car in hers are all I have the brain-space for.
An additional vehicle would be too much for me to give my full attention to.
A Model T is quite a time and resource investment, and would require some deep thinking to decide to keep!
 
Thread starter
Yap, space is the issue, cannot have my third so my white CB has to go to make some room for Z650RS

Ferret is more lucky, had plenty of bikes, has lots of room and only two bikes :)

Would like to know what our Defender of the Realm feels when he switches from his DLX to NC and vice versa, please.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Sat + fit + like it = buy it
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Found a rental 2017 Z650 near me.....awaiting response
Very similar bike if not identical engine
:banana:
Tev62_imp said:
I think you would grow to appreciate that "little less chrome" when it comes to taking the bike out in inclement weather. I always cringe on the CB if I am caught in the rain.
What you mean caught in the rain, can bike get wet?...me no ride when is wet outside :P
Riding in the rain is a part of the "freedom" (not ideal though).

PB - tell readers more about this 2017 Z650 "rental" thing?
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=3454
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Sat + fit + like it = buy it
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Found a rental 2017 Z650 near me.....awaiting response
Very similar bike if not identical engine
:banana:
Tev62_imp said:
I think you would grow to appreciate that "little less chrome" when it comes to taking the bike out in inclement weather. I always cringe on the CB if I am caught in the rain.
What you mean caught in the rain, can bike get wet?...me no ride when is wet outside :P
Riding in the rain is a part of the "freedom" (not ideal though).

PB - tell readers more about this 2017 Z650 "rental" thing?


GoldOxide_imp said:
Cannot tell now, but I will when mission completed. Stay tuned.
No info yet from Kawi dealer about approximate trade value...they work slow or no need a CB1100 :s
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Sat + fit + like it = buy it
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Found a rental 2017 Z650 near me.....awaiting response
Very similar bike if not identical engine
:banana:
Tev62_imp said:
I think you would grow to appreciate that "little less chrome" when it comes to taking the bike out in inclement weather. I always cringe on the CB if I am caught in the rain.
What you mean caught in the rain, can bike get wet?...me no ride when is wet outside :P
Riding in the rain is a part of the "freedom" (not ideal though).

PB - tell readers more about this 2017 Z650 "rental" thing?


GoldOxide_imp said:
Cannot tell now, but I will when mission completed. Stay tuned.
No info yet from Kawi dealer about approximate trade value...they work slow or no need a CB1100 :s

Cannot tell now, but I will when mission completed. Stay tuned.
No info yet from Kawi dealer about approximate trade value...they work slow or no need a CB1100 :s
I don't understand the "rental" response [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=3454]PB, but okay. Sounds almost like you are planning to make an offer.
 
Back
Top