2013 CB1100 MPG

As you would expect, it sounds like overall fuel efficiency is improving as the engine starts to rack up some additional mileage.
 
darmahman_imp said:
120 miles/2.713 gallons= 44.2314781
First refill
Umm...that's a lot a gallons for only 120 miles. :D
 
I did 50.9746588694 MPG (approx.) today. :)
 
First tank fill - 44.25 MPG (Dealer filled originally - Might not have topped off)

2nd tank fill- 3 gallons exactly - 160 miles exactly= 53.33 MPG (And I rode it much harder! Great gobs of mid range torque - you know... the addictive kind!:heart:
 
3rd Tankful: 48.53 mpg

123 miles, of which @ 25 were city or stop-and-go, and the rest was highway at speeds of 60-80 mph, mostly 65. I was varying speeds on the highway, in 5th, for break-in purposes. A few quick blasts up to 80, because I felt like it. Temperature was hot, @ 85-90F. Altitude @ 250 feet.
 
Todays fill up...159.8 miles...3.06 gals...52 mpg
 
Hello.
I just rolled the 1000 mi mark on my CB1100 and have been carefully watching my mileage since day one. I was seeing 43-45 mpg at first and was staying under 4K rpm for the first 600-800 miles. At 750 miles I did the first oil service, a change over to full synthetic and a K&N oil & air filters, and started revving closer to 5K rpms.
MPG is still consistently on the 45-47mpg range.
While I ride solo I am a larger guy, 280 +/-, and I DO enjoy our wonderful WV country roads. I am pretty satisfied with what I'm seeing.
 
When new I took it up to 5k and down about 20 times. Then I started shifting at 6k. Changed oil / filter a 175 miles. Now shifting at 7k occasionally..... And I thought I was being conservative.

anyway, milage has been 40, 45, 45.
 
No one I asked ever ventured any idea on mileage. Of the three dealerships where I asked about break in periods all were really vague, two saying to just not flog the crap out of it for the first 500mi to ride it like I stole it.All three said 1st oil at 600-800 mi.
 
Buffalorider_imp said:
No one I asked ever ventured any idea on mileage. Of the three dealerships where I asked about break in periods all were really vague, two saying to just not flog the crap out of it for the first 500mi to ride it like I stole it.All three said 1st oil at 600-800 mi.
The owner's manual basically says to take it easy for the first 300 miles.

I find it interesting that the Honda website doesn't list a MPG figure for the CB1100.
 
Yeah, the gas mileage thing was a big worry for me... Although I don't really care about it as far as cost, with a 3.9 gallon tank, range becomes an issue. I'v got to say, I'm really glad I took the leap of faith.
 
I sort of wish I had another gallon of fuel in there, but then I look at those lines and just say WTF.
It's too good looking to change.
I think I am shopping for another Road Star with a nice big tank to troll on.
 
Phat Ham_imp said:
Buffalorider_imp said:
No one I asked ever ventured any idea on mileage. Of the three dealerships where I asked about break in periods all were really vague, two saying to just not flog the crap out of it for the first 500mi to ride it like I stole it.All three said 1st oil at 600-800 mi.
The owner's manual basically says to take it easy for the first 300 miles.

I find it interesting that the Honda website doesn't list a MPG figure for the CB1100.

The brochure I just got lists the estimated consumption at 37 mpg
 
The CB now has around 2500 on it and mileage has improved somewhat and is now consistently in the 48-49 mpg range and careful riding has even brought just over 50 on one or two occasions.
 
Back
Top