2013 CB1100 MPG

Guess I am slow, old or just crazy, been getting 51-54 mpg but took a
trip to Gays Mills Wi. and got 58.9mpg . I have about 2500 miles on.
[/img]
 
Thread starter
That's fantatic!
I've only had over 50 mpg once, my highest has been 53 mpg and my lowest has been 37 mpg.
With my daily commute I've been averaging about 44 mpg.
 
I think once I get over 4000 rpm cruising speed it starts to drop off a bit. If I keep it at 70 I can get a good solid 50-51 mpg on my commute, but then I run the risk of being run over by the crazies on the road so I almost have to do 75-80 just so I can feel safe. And even then there are quite a few people that think I'm not moving fast enough.
Also my mileage varies a bit day to day due to the crazy winds I have to contend with. I have to go over a mountain pass to and from work and the winds through there are usually a bit on the strong side so that tends to effect things as well.
 
When I first bought the CB I was seeing mileage in the mid 40s. Today I have recently rolled over 2500 miles and today's reserve came at 154mi and 52mpg. This is the 3rd straight tank over 50mpg. While I am not riding like I stole it I and not very conservative and rev to the 4k-5k rpm range fairly regularly.
 
Okay do I have the bad seed bike?

First fill up was 2.5 gallons after 85 miles as I was sitting at one bar on the fuel gauge for two weeks and didn't want to be the guy pushing his new bike.

Second, yesterday the wife and I were heading out for a ride and I started blinking telling me I was on reserve. Stop for a fill up, 2.6 gallons of gas after approximately 90 miles.

Now it doesn't take a math wizard, but my mpg suck! I use it mainly for commuting and the occasional 40-50 mile ride with the wife on her scooter. Now my math is telling me roughly 34.61 mpg!

Do I need to be getting something checked out? Or will it improve after the breakin period?
 
What is your commute like? Mostly side streets with lots of stop signs / stop lights and much stop 'n go traffic in general? Or do you mix in a fair amount of freeway time as well?

My commute is all stop 'n go — mostly side streets with no freeway riding at all. I've seen 35 mg when I'm doing nothing but commuting between fill-ups. If I mix in mostly highway riding on the other hand, I've typically been seeing 53 mpg to date. Reports so far do make it sound as if there is a good chance things are improving on the gas mileage front as the bike racks up more miles.
 
Been mostly stop and go city traffic. But the wife and I put some miles on our bikes this past weekend at 50+ mph so that should change this next tankful...

The wife makes me jealous as she is getting roughly 114mpg with her pcx150! If we could get that.. only if...
 
Mine is getting roughly mid 30s which is horrible. Most my rides are commuting. Half at 65mph then city for last 8 miles, total 17 mile trip one way. I would assume the mods are responsible for my low numbers?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I averaged 44 on my last fill. Not as good as the previous tank, but she was in the shop and they took her for a test ride so perhaps they had to "test" it a bit.
 
kenfyoozed_imp said:
Mine is getting roughly mid 30s which is horrible. Most my rides are commuting. Half at 65mph then city for last 8 miles, total 17 mile trip one way. I would assume the mods are responsible for my low numbers?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't feel bad I am not much better. About 107 miles average (before the gas gauge starts flashing at me) for roughly 2.8 gallons of gas.. or roughly 38 mpg... almost all city driving though.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4.2.4
 
CB4ME_imp said:
kenfyoozed_imp said:
Mine is getting roughly mid 30s which is horrible. Most my rides are commuting. Half at 65mph then city for last 8 miles, total 17 mile trip one way. I would assume the mods are responsible for my low numbers?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What modifications are you running?

What modifications are you running?
Not totally sure.... Bought Bike form Fuzzy

PC V
Yoshimura Exhaust,
Dyno tuned,

not sure what else ... Ill go look....:blush:

***Air box Mod
 
With these mods I'd expect 20% more output, so you must feed 20% more to get that kind of power. :thumbsup:
The PC's main task is to add more fuel to the air (compared to the very lean Honda setup).
Richer fuel = less MPG, it's simple as that. :cool:
 
I've only checked mine twice, 42 to 44mpg, but I only have a little over 900 miles on her. Wife rides on the back sometimes and I'm part city, part highway. Really not concerned with the mpg, just ride and have fun, fun, fun.:biker: Figured I would let it break-in and then maybe check it again. It's a whole lot better than my 16mpg 4x4 pick-up.
 
87 miles when the light started flashing. 94 miles at fuel station and she drank 2.9 gals. :-/

I dont mind not getting better milage around town, but I would like to travel on this bike. Got a few plans in my head at least. Well non of my other bikes got more much more miles between fill ups so i know how to deal. Pack fuel bottles for emergencies and plan out trips. Know when your down to half tank, and make decision to ride on our double back knowing you have enough fuel. Works for my crazy mind.:banana:
 
wow..that is one thirsty bike. Mine goes on flashing reserve between 131 and 148 and I have gone 180 miles on a tank...then again I don't have a bunch of performance mods and ride like a granny for the most part.
 
The one real gripe I have the range of this model.About 150 miles
per tank.Plus the fuel gauge red light goes on too early.Like with around
a half tank.Then the red light blinks with .9 stiil in the tank.
The ferret_imp said:
wow..that is one thirsty bike. Mine goes on flashing reserve between 131 and 148 and I have gone 180 miles on a tank...then again I don't have a bunch of performance mods and ride like a granny for the most part.
Which means 45 miles per gallon.Which is what the bike
should get.But my red light comes on and I have about a half
tank left.Red light comes on and I find a gas station and
it takes 2 gallons or slightly more.
 
I've been getting a consistent 42-43 mpg on a usual mix of 75% city and 25% highway. Slightly better than the 40 mpg I get on the CB750.

I tend to ride with a heavy wrist, so I'm pretty happy with those numbers. I was surprised at some of the high numbers I'd seen posted on this site, so I rode it like my grandma for a tank back in Sept. and got an impressive 49 mpg. On a steady highway ride (65-75mph) 47 mpg is about average.

My fuel gauge starts blinking with one gallon left at around 120 miles. I usually stop for fuel at 130 or so.
 
Back
Top