2013 CB1100 MPG

Thread starter
I have been averaging 41.
My last trip didn't have very many stop n goes and I was riding two up for half the tank-I got 48 mpg.
Best fill up for me yet, previous best was 45 mpg.
 
Just filled up (#8 I think) today. This run was about 1/2 freeway and 1/2 around town. It came out to 44.84 mpg. That's a bit better than my usual 41-42 mpg.

I wonder if the little windshield is helping out on the freeway? I do know that I'm spending a lot less energy hanging on at 80 mph, maybe the bike is too.
 
Just filled up. 45.9 mpg. Mostly around town, should do better on highway. Flashing led came on at 135 miles. It took 2.94 gallons. Looks like I'll be safe to run150/160 before fill.
 
[/img]
I don't know what I am doing wrong,last tank I got 56.1 mpg and the tank before 55.4 mpg , I even come home going through town so 35 min. of
stop and go traffic.
Am I just getting old or what:-/
 
CA200_imp said:
[/img]
I don't know what I am doing wrong,last tank I got 56.1 mpg and the tank before 55.4 mpg , I even come home going through town so 35 min. of
stop and go traffic.
Am I just getting old or what:-/
Yeah something is definitely wrong with that... you're not having near enough fun.
 
42 mpg on my first tank. Mostly commuting to work about half city and half highway and sitting in a good amount of traffic.
 
Dang CA..I do think these CBs are attracted to those signs

 
Here's my old CB750 next to one of it's favorite signs.

2ee2c8699dc685c610d65ccfe9778493.jpg
 
That happens to be one of the finest motorcycle roads I know. U.S. Highway 12 from Lolo, MT to Grangeville, ID.

It's 160 miles of continuous curves along a river at the botom of a canyon. There are no towns along the route and that stretch of highway is bordered by National Forest and Wilderness Areas (i.e. No local traffic). I last rode it in 2011 and didn't get stuck behind a single car on the whole stretch.

The sign has since been changed to read "Winding Road Next 99 Miles", but that still doesn't do it justice.

Here's an aerial shot I took while flying overhead. The road twists along the bottom of the canyon to the horizon.

bf1749942fd6a348a1cdfd46a346abd1.jpg
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
That happens to be one of the finest motorcycle roads I know. U.S. Highway 12 from Lolo, MT to Grangeville, ID.

It's 160 miles of continuous curves along a river at the botom of a canyon. There are no towns along the route and that stretch of highway is bordered by National Forest and Wilderness Areas (i.e. No local traffic). I last rode it in 2011 and didn't get stuck behind a single car on the whole stretch.

The sign has since been changed to read "Winding Road Next 99 Miles", but that still doesn't do it justice.

Here's an aerial shot I took while flying overhead. The road twists along the bottom of the canyon to the horizon.

bf1749942fd6a348a1cdfd46a346abd1.jpg
That's awesome
 
I'm getting 48 mpg most fill ups and staying south of 4000 rpm's most of the time. Took delivery of bike first week of April and only have 900 miles.(clutch hand injury) Haven't ridden a CB since my 305 Dream in high school. I LOVE this bike!
 
New record today both for mileage and volume

160.2 miles... 3.1 gallons...51.7 mpg

Finally got over 3 gallons in it
 
Phat Ham_imp said:
42 mpg on my first tank. Mostly commuting to work about half city and half highway and sitting in a good amount of traffic.
Filled up this morning and calculated mpg out to 46.
 
2 nd tank today....I ran her pretty hard his afternoon. Brother and I rode over into northern Kentucky to run their ridge top curves. Did a lot of 70 mph on the way back home. Figured gas mileage would be way down

152 miles...2.8 gals...54.3 mpg. what the heck? Lol
 
I just turned over 2000 miles on mine and have never gotten lower than 53 mpg. Average is 55 and highest was 60! This bike is keeping me awe struck! I thought that the first couple of tanks were flucks as I have a Yamaha FZ1 that does around 40 mpg and a Suzuki Vstrom that gets 43 tops. But the CB continues to stay in the 50 plus range. One tank I used on interstate at 70-80 mph and thought that the milage would drop into the 40s. nope--53 mpg!!
 
Do you weigh like 2# or something?
 
Randy B_imp said:
Do you weigh like 2# or something?
:dodgy:

I weigh 182 buck nekid, but I don't ride that way. In gear probably close to 200.
 
Back
Top