Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Why do you think the new helmet got little use this year PB?peterbaron_imp said:I used both, the 7 yo still is in very good condition.
During very hot local rides, I use my old one that seems to be slightly oversize.
The funny thing is that my new helmet, bought last year, I only used once this season during DLX pick up.
:biker:
GoldOxide_imp said:Why do you think the new helmet got little use this year PB?peterbaron_imp said:I used both, the 7 yo still is in very good condition.
During very hot local rides, I use my old one that seems to be slightly oversize.
The funny thing is that my new helmet, bought last year, I only used once this season during DLX pick up.
:biker:
You did you work hard to acquire it and the favorable size?

good on ya tod! :worship:tod.branko_imp said:We have a huge delivery culture here, everything can be purchased online and delivered to home, and most of these are operated by motorcycle couriers, who are mostly just poor guys from south asia, as such best they can afford are cheap helmets which are there just for show, and 2 or 3 year old good helmet is 100 times better than what they wear brand new. Same goes for all the gear.
So the choice is normally to give the old gear to them. Also we tend to have swap meets once or twice during the year where we collect all the old stuff and then it's distributed to people who need it but can't afford it.
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
good on ya tod! :worship:The ferret_imp said:good on ya tod! :worship:tod.branko_imp said:We have a huge delivery culture here, everything can be purchased online and delivered to home, and most of these are operated by motorcycle couriers, who are mostly just poor guys from south asia, as such best they can afford are cheap helmets which are there just for show, and 2 or 3 year old good helmet is 100 times better than what they wear brand new. Same goes for all the gear.
So the choice is normally to give the old gear to them. Also we tend to have swap meets once or twice during the year where we collect all the old stuff and then it's distributed to people who need it but can't afford it.
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
I put a helmet sleeve on my old one. It's a sleeve that wraps around the base of the helmet with velcro, but that velcro has long since worn off. So I taped the sleeve onto the helmet--but it's not easily removeable. It's the helmet I use in the rainy winter months because it keeps out all moisture and realy helps keep me warm as the sleeve drapes down 10" and covers my mc jacket neck opening.j3gq_imp said:What do y’all do with your used / old helmets ?
In particular if not badly worn out.
good on ya tod! :worship:GoldOxide_imp said:good on ya tod! :worship:The ferret_imp said:good on ya tod! :worship:tod.branko_imp said:We have a huge delivery culture here, everything can be purchased online and delivered to home, and most of these are operated by motorcycle couriers, who are mostly just poor guys from south asia, as such best they can afford are cheap helmets which are there just for show, and 2 or 3 year old good helmet is 100 times better than what they wear brand new. Same goes for all the gear.
So the choice is normally to give the old gear to them. Also we tend to have swap meets once or twice during the year where we collect all the old stuff and then it's distributed to people who need it but can't afford it.
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
I wish we were more organized like that here.
For now I have to carefully select what Sally Ann (Salvation Army; liken to Goodwill) might inherit.
We might be a bit more "isolationists" over here, especially in large suburban communities. Maybe somewhat sad for humanity.tod.branko_imp said:good on ya tod! :worship:GoldOxide_imp said:good on ya tod! :worship:The ferret_imp said:good on ya tod! :worship:tod.branko_imp said:We have a huge delivery culture here, everything can be purchased online and delivered to home, and most of these are operated by motorcycle couriers, who are mostly just poor guys from south asia, as such best they can afford are cheap helmets which are there just for show, and 2 or 3 year old good helmet is 100 times better than what they wear brand new. Same goes for all the gear.
So the choice is normally to give the old gear to them. Also we tend to have swap meets once or twice during the year where we collect all the old stuff and then it's distributed to people who need it but can't afford it.
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
I wish we were more organized like that here.
For now I have to carefully select what Sally Ann (Salvation Army; liken to Goodwill) might inherit.
I wish we were more organized like that here.
For now I have to carefully select what Sally Ann (Salvation Army; liken to Goodwill) might inherit. UAE is a small country and bikers community is also small, so it's not difficult to organize, Whatsapp groups share the initiatives almost instantly across the Emirates, all the organizer needs to do is set a date and time, and people make the effort. Also we are lucky to be able to buy stuff in excess of what we really need, so there is a lot of gear that is sparsely used before it's "outdated".
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Understood.LongRanger_imp said:Mine go in the trash.
To amuse myself..... by panicking drunks.The ferret_imp said::rofl:
to panic drunks?
Is a surcharge added to other products that are not earth friendly? ...I'm thinking items like plastic lawn chairs, fish netting, weed eaters, to name a few random objects of the likely million other objects that are also not earth-friendly when they wear out.GoldOxide_imp said:Understood.LongRanger_imp said:Mine go in the trash.
I wonder how long before an environmentalist determines motorcycle helmets are not earth-friendly and need to ante up a disposal fee upon new purchase?
Is a surcharge added to other products that are not earth friendly? ...I'm thinking items like plastic lawn chairs, fish netting, weed eaters, to name a few random objects of the likely million other objects that are also not earth-friendly when they wear out.pdedse_imp said:Is a surcharge added to other products that are not earth friendly? ...I'm thinking items like plastic lawn chairs, fish netting, weed eaters, to name a few random objects of the likely million other objects that are also not earth-friendly when they wear out.GoldOxide_imp said:Understood.LongRanger_imp said:Mine go in the trash.
I wonder how long before an environmentalist determines motorcycle helmets are not earth-friendly and need to ante up a disposal fee upon new purchase?
I don't say that to be argumentative or difficult in any way. I try to recycle anything and everything I can. The net says that plastic in general never fully decomposes. It can be a bit depressing.
But is there a reason a helmet would be any different than other man-made products that are difficult to recycle?