Your Last Bike Before the CB?

Honda CL450 was my first bike and ground up build done in my garage. Triumph Tiger 955i was second bike. Have both still but they are for sale. CB fits my needs and looks perfect.
Tiger picture
 
1978 Suzuki GS425, 1974 Honda CB 750 (the hot rod), 1985 V30 Magna. Kept the 74, got to put it back on the road someday.
 
09 Yamaha FJR, prior to that a Honda NT700V, prior to that a Honda Valkyrie (had it for 12 years, only sold it cause I was aging to the point where it was getting heavy to get out of the garage, etc. Riding it faster then a walk it was no problem so long as I did not drop it.), and prior to that, well, it goes on and on.
 
4 Paws_imp said:
Sold a BMW R1200GS and bought the CB.
Thanks to adventure bike craze I made a profit.
Also have a sidecar rig, love it.
pic of the above??
i have always wanted a URAL.
 
DJS_imp said:
4 Paws_imp said:
Sold a BMW R1200GS and bought the CB.
Thanks to adventure bike craze I made a profit.
Also have a sidecar rig, love it.
pic of the above??
i have always wanted a URAL.
That's like saying " I've always wanted to have gout"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. J/K

Urals are interesting motorcycles. If you think a CB forces you to slow down though, wait until you ride a Ural.(yes I have ridden one but only in a big parking lot). Like riding a BMW R 60. Think comfortable cruising at 55 mph. Nothing goes better in the snow than a 2wd Ural though.




.
 
The ferret_imp said:
DJS_imp said:
4 Paws_imp said:
Sold a BMW R1200GS and bought the CB.
Thanks to adventure bike craze I made a profit.
Also have a sidecar rig, love it.
pic of the above??
i have always wanted a URAL.
That's like saying " I've always wanted to have gout"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. J/K

Urals are interesting motorcycles. If you think a CB forces you to slow down though, wait until you ride a Ural.(yes I have ridden one but only in a big parking lot). Like riding a BMW R 60. Think comfortable cruising at 55 mph. Nothing goes better in the snow than a 2wd Ural though.




.
That's like saying " I've always wanted to have gout"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. J/K

Urals are interesting motorcycles. If you think a CB forces you to slow down though, wait until you ride a Ural.(yes I have ridden one but only in a big parking lot). Like riding a BMW R 60. Think comfortable cruising at 55 mph. Nothing goes better in the snow than a 2wd Ural though.




.
i agree with everything you said and that is why i want one.
i wouldn't mind a cycle/sidecar combo either, but would prefer a ural as it is built with the sidecar, as compared to adding a sidecar to a motorcycle.
 
9e088904d0264e1f6bf9007ebcbcebdf.jpg

My '72 CB350. Sold it last spring because it just didn't get any ride time. And nobody had a bike as slow as that to ride with me. That and it wasn't as confidence inspiring as I would have liked. I may get a CB750 someday, or a 919 if I get lucky. I had a Shadow, but that doesn't count. I never felt connected to it.
 
Currently we have 2 Shadow Spirits, '08 CRF230L, '00 XR100. In the past I had a '75 CB125S, '74 360, '83 650 Nighthawk (wrecked), '84 CM450Custom, '07 Reflex 250 scooter, '08 Buddy 150 scooter
 
Sorry, no pics to post of my Ural, no photo account.
It's a 2012 Retro, lots of fun and goes anywhere. If you like the old CB's you'd be comfortable with the Ural, same carburetor and quite similar "technology" throughout, late 1960s to early 70's.
Have close to 25,000 on the odometer with no problems, use it as my everyday driver. Came close to having it as my only bike but then I found the CB, the two sorta complement each other.
Dogs love it, put "doggles" on them and they ride with me most every day. Last week the wife plus the two dogs and I rode the BRP for a couple of hours.
Does ok in the snow as long as it's below five inches on the road.
Yeah, it gives a whole new meaning to slow. Handling? What's that?
 
Yeah, it gives a whole new meaning to slow. Handling? What's that?

:rofl: that made me laugh out loud, for real
 
Back
Top