rboe
Road warrior
Amps*Voltage=watts
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Mickey, here you goCIP57_imp said:Mickey, here you goThe ferret_imp said:CIP... How much draw for all 4 pieces, and does the CB put out enough amps or watts or? To cover them?
Jacket 6.5
Pants 4.0
glove 2.5
Inserts .5
About 13 amps
When i bought these a few years back my ST had no problem handling the draw. I should really look into the watt rating and convert.
Edit: just contacted my dealer who contacted Honda. Bike puts out 11 amps, better ride this mount without the pants.
I think riding without pants violates the ATGATT rule, but it worked for Rollie FreeCIP57_imp said:Mickey, here you goThe ferret_imp said:CIP... How much draw for all 4 pieces, and does the CB put out enough amps or watts or? To cover them?
Jacket 6.5
Pants 4.0
glove 2.5
Inserts .5
About 13 amps
When i bought these a few years back my ST had no problem handling the draw. I should really look into the watt rating and convert.
Edit: just contacted my dealer who contacted Honda. Bike puts out 11 amps, better ride this mount without the pants.

Mickey, here you gosanoke_imp said:Mickey, here you goCIP57_imp said:Mickey, here you goThe ferret_imp said:CIP... How much draw for all 4 pieces, and does the CB put out enough amps or watts or? To cover them?
Jacket 6.5
Pants 4.0
glove 2.5
Inserts .5
About 13 amps
When i bought these a few years back my ST had no problem handling the draw. I should really look into the watt rating and convert.
Edit: just contacted my dealer who contacted Honda. Bike puts out 11 amps, better ride this mount without the pants.
Jacket 6.5
Pants 4.0
glove 2.5
Inserts .5
About 13 amps
When i bought these a few years back my ST had no problem handling the draw. I should really look into the watt rating and convert.
Edit: just contacted my dealer who contacted Honda. Bike puts out 11 amps, better ride this mount without the pants.
11 amps isn't a lot. When you take out the power for the lights, the ignition and the fuel injection, doesn't seem like there is a lot left. I don't have any idea what those all draw but I'd guess somewhere around 7-8 amps.


Any recommendations for that kind of setup?HikerToo_imp said:Any recommendations for that kind of setup?mininsx_imp said:A few years ago I bought a heated vest and an adapter wire so I could plug it into my Battery Tender plug-in, which is on all three bikes. That was the best money I'd ever spent on winter riding gear. I used to bundle up to ride in the winter (and still got cold), now it's just a long-sleeve T-shirt, the vest, and my jacket.![]()
Interesting post response. I agree in all respects. In regards to an electric heated jacket - just another gadget thang to fuss with. Maybe most better off with a decent quality "passive" jacket that will work long after any battery-fitted jacket passed out (and no goofy wires to USB/bike battery). I would be more interested in a more effective cooling jacket for summer riding, or some associated gadget - if I must have my gadget fix.The ferret_imp said:It was 34 when I took off riding Sunday morning, and I just got in from a ride and high temp today was 57. I don't own electrics but I am considering a jacket. Can't decide. Im good down to about 20 before I start thinking maybe I should take the car, but as long as there is no snow/ ice or excessive road salt on the road Im good.