Who's ordered / purchased the 2014 CB1100?

Ridem32_imp said:
I think it works like this: honda dealer orders a red deluxe for you, it goes to the honda warehouse for that dealers area! Then a honda powerhouse dealer decides he wants a red deluxe and if that bike is still at warehouse honda ships it to the powerhouse dealer bumping you & your dealer back. I don't think it's fair but powerhouse dealers have all the pull. I walked in my dealer told them I wanted a red deluxe on a Thursday and the next Friday I had my bike! That was last Friday today is Tuesday! Honda should ship & sell to the dealers as they order them
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I think you are probably correct. Bottom line: IT SUCKS!
 
Ridem32_imp said:
I think it works like this: honda dealer orders a red deluxe for you, it goes to the honda warehouse for that dealers area! Then a honda powerhouse dealer decides he wants a red deluxe and if that bike is still at warehouse honda ships it to the powerhouse dealer bumping you & your dealer back. I don't think it's fair but powerhouse dealers have all the pull. I walked in my dealer told them I wanted a red deluxe on a Thursday and the next Friday I had my bike! That was last Friday today is Tuesday! Honda should ship & sell to the dealers as they order them
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's right Michael, you're riding my bike! :@ I ordered on 2/28/2014 and live in the Chicago suburbs. You would think if there was a bike sitting in a Chicago warehouse it should have had my name on it! Grrrrr!!:@

;)

I stopped by my dealer and he said the difference between 2013 & 2014 is like night and day as far as demand goes. He says they're so popular this year that guys are throwing extra money at them to be put at the top of the list. He also claims that the owner of a suburban BMW bike dealership has put out word that he wants one too.... Hmmm. :dodgy::dodgy:
 
Damfino: it might of been yours ! Lol but don't worry this bike I got is way to fast for you. You should get the next one but it want be as fast as mine lol. But for real what's helping the sales on the red deluxe is made as dealers order them plus 6 speed plus duel exhaust ! The made to order was a smart move on honda part also when you get yours you will be happy and I will have the new wore off of mine NOT !! Lol. :). I hope you get yours soon.
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Damfino: it might of been yours ! Lol but don't worry this bike I got is way to fast for you. You should get the next one but it want be as fast as mine lol. But for real what's helping the sales on the red deluxe is made as dealers order them plus 6 speed plus duel exhaust ! The made to order was a smart move on honda part also when you get yours you will be happy and I will have the new wore off of mine NOT !! Lol. :). I hope you get yours soon.
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D:D
 
sunny weather, 10 degrees,
and I am going to pick up my 2014 black EX model in 90 min...

what a wonderful, perfect day
:excited: :biker: :banana:

maybe, just maybe someone can peel me off the bike I'll make some pictures :P
 
Congratulationsl it'sme67! :clap:
 
itsme67_imp said:
sunny weather, 10 degrees,
and I am going to pick up my 2014 black EX model in 90 min...

what a wonderful, perfect day
:excited: :biker: :banana:

maybe, just maybe someone can peel me off the bike I'll make some pictures :P

Woohoo :banana: You don't have to get off......just hand the salesman your camera, we will accept pics with owner on board :thumbsup:
 
Wow, what a wonderful, perfect work of art, a dream in metal the CB1100 is. I got the bike, had a seat on it and immediately became one with it. It felt like it was only waiting for me (and I am for the bike for sure :) )

I had a nice ride, first in the city, then after a few kilometers outside the city. In sum I did my first 170 km today. I am still so impressed how natural it felt to ride again on the CB after a 20 year break. Not sure if I’ll sleep tonight or just think about the next rides. And I wasn't the only one who was impressed by the bike: several truckers and car drivers stopping nearby at the traffic lights just pulled down their windows, asked me smtg about the bike and congratulated me. It seems Honda did a great job.

@The ferret: you computed the list of 2014 models ordered …you can mark mine as delivered :)
Here’s the proof:

396a2ab1aad5a41b79779377e23d1911.jpg

154c7f45e6fe0b17ccead0901727d753.jpg

c47433adbe2f677e38c7269579793ab3.jpg

dcdde2d03f2c670456ab21336b98b12b.jpg

65a484acd9ff76238237cb25f5948a9a.jpg
 
The black and silver looks really nice! Congrats itsme67. :thumbsup:
 
The ferret_imp said:
The black and silver looks really nice! Congrats itsme67. :thumbsup:
It truly is a beautiful motorcycle. If the mirrors didn't stick up like quite as much as they do it would be perfect. On my 2013 I replaced them but I will tell you the Fury mirrors that I put on while looking better they did not show the road as clearly as the originals. Bar ends are nice but require a lot of modifications I believe for this bike. Picking I know. I honestly don't think there is a nicer looking motorcycle made and especially for us older fellows who appreciate the original bikes and the bikes we grew up with.

I'll admit the sport bikes. They look racy in the show rooms but I can't see how you would ride them on the streets.

There is something very appealing about the ART of the motorcycle. I think we all agree TIMELESS will apply to this motorcycle.
 
The epitome of what a motorcycle is. In my opinion the high water mark of the genre. I love my black '14, but with the silver motor, spokes and twin pipes- it's even more perfect. Salutations Itsme67!
 
Wow. Great shots Itsme67. Congratulations on the new bike. Black with the silver engine looks fantastic.
 
Well hello all! I just bought a 2014 CB1100 this past Saturday!!! Its my first bike in 7 years and my first that's not a crotch rocket.
Im so excited about it. It runs like a dream and looks fantastic.
 
Damfino_imp said:
Notice how he posted all those pictures of the spoked rims? He's taunting us! Taunter! Taunter! ;)
But remember when we had spokes on our 750s, we all wanted the solids and when we had 4 into 4 we all wanted 4 into 1.
 
gcarper_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
Notice how he posted all those pictures of the spoked rims? He's taunting us! Taunter! Taunter! ;)
But remember when we had spokes on our 750s, we all wanted the solids and when we had 4 into 4 we all wanted 4 into 1.
But remember when we had spokes on our 750s, we all wanted the solids and when we had 4 into 4 we all wanted 4 into 1.

Nah!! I love the spokes and the 4-4 on my 76 Cb750K6. But then I was only 11 years old when it originally sold. Maybe I would have felt different back then? :D
 
I got the black one with the black engine. MAN! This thing is sweeeet! All I need to do now is find a helmet that I like and fits well. I got an HJC when I bought the bike but its a bit noisy and the visor is difficult to open.
 
Back
Top