Who's ordered / purchased the 2014 CB1100?

Just picked this up and had my first 125 mile ride getting it home!

819799ea1cd33958e924a7185ac18da0.jpg
 
The more I see of this cb1100 deluxe the better it gets! I sure do like mine. I have owned lots of bikes and this bike I rank #1 except for 112mph
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
DAC_imp said:
Just picked this up and had my first 125 mile ride getting it home!

819799ea1cd33958e924a7185ac18da0.jpg

Lol I think the smile says it all! Congrats DAC

Waiting for a ride report....so whaddya think?
 
Ferret - First impressions are that this bike has incredible torque. It is very happy at almost embarrassingly low revs. As for the top end, well, I'm still breaking it in.

I went from Toledo to Columbus on state routes and some freeway and was careful to vary engine speed as much as possible. So, I was dropping down to 4th gear to spool it up to 4k rpm then shifting to 6th to let it settle to almost 2k. Stopped a couple times and had to negotiate several small towns. The bike was very compliant and fun to ride.

Ridem32 - I'm basically in Columbus, Ohio. Spring came somewhat late but with a vengeance. Around here, you go from snow one week to mowing your lawn almost three times the next week.

This week will give me a couple chances to commute to work on the CB. I think the bike will excel at that and the variable RPM and speeds will accommodate break-in.

One thing I noticed is that my right side cover keeps coming loose. I can easily push it back but it pops out when the bike is at speed. Nothing big, just kinda odd.

Anyway, I gotta get to a parts dealer so I can join Ferret's "Royal Order of Rubber End Thingys"
 
Good luck on the rubber thingie ! Honda don't offer them any more. You have to find a dealer that just has some in stock! NOS. I put a set in my bike they are very nice. I got 7 extra sets lol. eBay has them also. But when there gone there gone. I'm not sure but honda of UK might offer them still as new ! I'm restoring a 79 cbx and the UK still has a few parts for it while the USA don't. You will be happy with your bike I know most people are. Maybe one day we can have a meet on a weekend so lots of us members can get together and have a rally. :) by the way if you can't find the rubber thingies let me know
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
Lol. Well if I don't find the rubber thingies, there's always plastidip. Yeah, a meetup would be great. I'm seeing regional stuff - Illinois - and we could always do that. The registry spreadsheet would be a good place to start.

The CB is such a great all purpose bike and I think this is one of the best forums around.

Thanks all!
 
DITTO on this being a great forum. I'm a member of. 4 bike forums and this is a very laid back bunch of guys. & gals. Very nice group and most want to help each other out ! Just what a real forum is all about. :)
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
Man oh man the 2014 deluxe looks good! I am afraid to buy and with my luck the 2015 will come with spoked wheels as an option.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Spoke wheels do look nice. BUT I had rather have the mags. I would not by spoke wheels even if honda offered them! But that's just me. :) I have cleaned enough spokes in my life. Lol. :)
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
Thread starter
Man...I don't know what they could've done to make that bike any better looking than it already is...Wow!!! Welcome to the club and good luck with your new ride!!
 
Mike Bee,

I'm an Ohioan! No worries, though. If you had said I was from Michigan, that would be much, much worse!:rofl:
 
Nice bike DAC. Well done.
 
I got the call, I am going to get my candy red beast at about 5pm eastern.It has been about 25 years since I have owned an inline 4, been on v2's for a long time, sure hope I like it! I will let you folks know later:banana: vin000152 real close to the ferrit
 
Ss2wheels: u go boy go! You will lov it. Mine is #142 send us pics. These red cb,s will take over the world. :) :)
Michael


3 rights make a left
Also remember!! Vin # below 150 is faster!! Lol. :)
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
ss2wheels_imp said:
I got the call, I am going to get my candy red beast at about 5pm eastern.It has been about 25 years since I have owned an inline 4, been on v2's for a long time, sure hope I like it! I will let you folks know later:banana: vin000152 real close to the ferrit
Yea baby! :thumbsup: Happy for ya SS!
 
Thanks ferrit, just added it to my insurance.It increased my policy by a whopping 245.00 a year, somtimes it pays to be an old fart.lol
Under 156 are the good ones
Hey Ridem I thought maybe you got mine, I was pissed but im OK now.LOL:biker:
 
ss2wheels_imp said:
I got the call, I am going to get my candy red beast at about 5pm eastern.It has been about 25 years since I have owned an inline 4, been on v2's for a long time, sure hope I like it! I will let you folks know later:banana: vin000152 real close to the ferrit
Congrats! I understand that Honda generally gets all the bugs worked out of the process by VIN 200 or so. Good luck!
 
Back
Top