Who's ordered / purchased the 2014 CB1100?

Dave_imp said:
My dealer, here in San Diego, isn't being very upfront about my order I placed for my Deluxe almost two months ago. They phoned me last Saturday to tell me the bike would shipped on Monday. Well, it's not here yet (Thursday evening) and after two visits to the shop all they can tell me is that it's shipped, but they don't know where it is. Needless to say, this answer is not sitting well with me and I am becoming impatient. On another note, they sold one standard 2014 CB1100 already, and they have a nearly-new 2013 CB1100 on the floor that somebody just traded in this week (did this belong to anybody from this forum?). It has a fairing, luggage rack, and an electronic tire pressure sensor on it. I asked the salesman what the previous owner traded it in on and he couldn't tell me.
I too am having frustrations with the process of getting my hands on a 2014. For starters, I put a deposit down on a DLX on Jan 22nd, the morning after Honda US officially announced it. Shouldn't I now be among the buyers who have already taken delivery and are enjoying their new ride? Alas, no... this is not the case. Initially my dealer said it was scheduled to ship from the warehouse on 4/8 and then it got pushed back to 4/21 which is where it sits now. I asked why that would be when other people, who placed their orders weeks or even months after I did, have already gotten their bikes. The dealer had no answer for me beyond "They show up when they show up." Awesome, thanks pal!

Can anyone here provide insight into why Honda is torturing me?
 
Great billyjax. I can't even sleep tonite! Mine is ready going in the morning to get it. Ride safe
Michael
Barkingshins: I agree with you! You should already have your bike. If your dealer ordered it in jan yes you should be riding honda does sell to the powerhouse dealers first which is not fair. I put no money down will have my bike today its Friday here now I'm still awake! It's been about one week wait for me. They got my bike from another warehouse shipped it alone & I guess honda paid the shipping cost I got the bike at what I was quoted if my dealer orderd it from honda which would of had to of been built then shipped to warehouse that services our part of the southern states. My bike came from up north warehouse. If your dealer is small maybe he getting bumped down I don't know. But fair is fair you should have a vin # below 20 just how I see it. I would ask your dealer if he can find a dealer trade. Yes I'm excited, but I do know how you feel
Michael
 
G'day and welcome BillyJax. Enjoy that bike.

Have a great day tomorrow Ridem!
 
billyjax_imp said:
Hello All

I finally picked up my 2014 Black CB1100 Standard!!!!!!

Great Bike!!!!

I put a 100 miles on it the first day!

Congrats Billyjax. :excited:
 
When the CB1100 came to Europe last year I was already hooked and calculated how much it would cost to replace the wheels by spoked wheels--an additional EUR 2000, way too steep. After reading rumors in various places in the fall of 2013 about a new 2014 model I decided to wait. Also because I yet had to sell my Guzzi Breva to soften the damage...

How pleased was I when the rumors about the spokes turned into certainty.

After test riding a black 2013 model two weeks ago to see if I fit on my first "big" bike (CB250, Zephyr 550, Zephyr 750, Breva 750 so far) I was more than convinced. I ordered the 2014 EX in red with chrome meter cover and chrome front light, regular ABS.

It's probably on a container ship to Rotterdam right now. ETA end of April/first week of May. If only time wouldn't pass so slowly. ;) I'm like a child waiting for Christmas.
 
Captain..could you possibly get me the Honda part number for the chrome meter cover?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Captain..could you possibly get me the Honda part number for the chrome meter cover?
Sure, glad to help. On the invoice it says "08F72-MGC-D30 KIT,METER COVER", "08F71-MGC-D30 KIT,HEAD LIGHT CA".

These are the same numbers as in the official extras catalogue, http://www.honda.de/globalimages/pdf/de/mc/de_mc_br_naked_allrounder_zubehoer_2013.pdf
(see page 3, in German though...)
Barkingshins_imp said:
Dave_imp said:
My dealer, here in San Diego, isn't being very upfront about my order I placed for my Deluxe almost two months ago. They phoned me last Saturday to tell me the bike would shipped on Monday. Well, it's not here yet (Thursday evening) and after two visits to the shop all they can tell me is that it's shipped, but they don't know where it is. Needless to say, this answer is not sitting well with me and I am becoming impatient. On another note, they sold one standard 2014 CB1100 already, and they have a nearly-new 2013 CB1100 on the floor that somebody just traded in this week (did this belong to anybody from this forum?). It has a fairing, luggage rack, and an electronic tire pressure sensor on it. I asked the salesman what the previous owner traded it in on and he couldn't tell me.
I too am having frustrations with the process of getting my hands on a 2014. For starters, I put a deposit down on a DLX on Jan 22nd, the morning after Honda US officially announced it. Shouldn't I now be among the buyers who have already taken delivery and are enjoying their new ride? Alas, no... this is not the case. Initially my dealer said it was scheduled to ship from the warehouse on 4/8 and then it got pushed back to 4/21 which is where it sits now. I asked why that would be when other people, who placed their orders weeks or even months after I did, have already gotten their bikes. The dealer had no answer for me beyond "They show up when they show up." Awesome, thanks pal!

Can anyone here provide insight into why Honda is torturing me?
I'm with ya, mate. 20 days to go. It's a lesson in modesty and patience. If all our wishes were immediately fulfilled, we wouldn't appreciate the reward when we finally hold her in our hands (or rub our butts on her, ahem).

Time is nature's way of making sure everything doesn't happen at once -- Unknown.
 
Durn that is for the standard and not the 14 EX or deluxe. Thanks anyway.
 
I was at the Honda dealer today and they had a 2013 red CB1100 and a black 2014 "regular" model sitting side by side. The black 2014 has blacked out engine cases and a lot of the aluminum pieces that are bright metal on the 2013 are now black also, including the edges of the wheel rims. That is fine for those fans of the Dark Side, but I prefer the shiny metal bits on the left-over 2013. I am still waiting to see the 2014 Deluxe model.
 
I dropped by my local dealer today (not the one across town that I visited last week). They had a '13 on the floor with a big "sold" sign and a '14 black standard next to it. Got to talking with the sales guy (who noticed that I'd pulled up on my '13) and he said that was their last '13. They sold two of them in the last week. Apparently, Honda was offering a rebate on the leftovers ($300 for the standard, $600 for the ABS).

I told the guy I was really interested in seeing a DLX. He told me, "Those aren't out yet". I pointed out that I knew of several that had already been delivered around the country. He was baffled and disappeared back into the office. When he came back, he was stumped. Apparently, the computer told him he wouldn't be getting a DLX anytime in the near future (they got 3 of the standard models). The confusing part was because they are a high volume, Honda only dealer that usually gets the new models first. The guy was even more confused when I told him I'd been to one of his competitors last weekend and they'd sold their first DLX after it had been on the floor for a few hours.

What's the upshot from all of this? I am thoroughly convinced that the way manufacturers supply motorcycles to dealers is a completely random process with very little resemblance to any other commercial supply line I've experienced. You should know weeks ahead of time, what you're getting, when you're getting it and be able to track it with a few keystrokes. Whatever system the local Honda dealers use appears to be based on reading the bill of lading after the truck arrives.
 
Honda is only shipping red DLX to dealers that order them. All dealers will get so many blacks! DLX is built to order only. Which is great no flooding the market
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Honda is only shipping red DLX to dealers that order them. All dealers will get so many blacks! DLX is built to order only. Which is great no flooding the market
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understand that the DLX is a made-to-order item and I appreciate Honda's reasons for doing so. My confusion stems from the fact that my dealer ordered my bike literally the day after it was announced three months ago and I'll be waiting until nearly May to get it. Meanwhile, the stork has already come for some people who ordered their bikes weeks or even months after me.

In any case, it's not a big deal. From a certain perspective, it's actually a good thing. Winter has been very reluctant to call it a day here in MN this year and if the bike had shown up weeks ago, I probably would've had to trailer it home or have it delivered as there was still a foot of snow on the ground. In fact, maybe that's the answer. Is it possible that Honda delays shipment a bit to climates with a shorter riding season? I dunno. Also, the delay has allowed me to save up a much fatter down-payment than I was originally planning on. All good things. I only have a couple more weeks to wait... hopefully.
 
Barkingshins_imp said:
Ridem32_imp said:
Honda is only shipping red DLX to dealers that order them. All dealers will get so many blacks! DLX is built to order only. Which is great no flooding the market
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understand that the DLX is a made-to-order item and I appreciate Honda's reasons for doing so. My confusion stems from the fact that my dealer ordered my bike literally the day after it was announced three months ago and I'll be waiting until nearly May to get it. Meanwhile, the stork has already come for some people who ordered their bikes weeks or even months after me.

In any case, it's not a big deal. From a certain perspective, it's actually a good thing. Winter has been very reluctant to call it a day here in MN this year and if the bike had shown up weeks ago, I probably would've had to trailer it home or have it delivered as there was still a foot of snow on the ground. In fact, maybe that's the answer. Is it possible that Honda delays shipment a bit to climates with a shorter riding season? I dunno. Also, the delay has allowed me to save up a much fatter down-payment than I was originally planning on. All good things. I only have a couple more weeks to wait... hopefully.
I hope your wait is soon rewarded, Barkingshins. :)
 
Maybe the truck can't push through the snow to get there😀. Honda does not have a fleet of reindeers


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Damfino_imp said:
DAC_imp said:
FWIW - The dealer "hit the number" and I put my deposit down today. It'll be in the next batch ordered next week. May be June 'til I see a bike, though.
Finally pulled that trigger, huh? Congratulations and welcome to the waiting list! :D
Finally pulled that trigger, huh? Congratulations and welcome to the waiting list! :D
Well the waiting maybe just got a little shorter: the dealer called and the bike may be here Thursday and ready for delivery Friday! :banana::celebrate::excited:
 
What's the upshot from all of this? I am thoroughly convinced that the way manufacturers supply motorcycles to dealers is a completely random process with very little resemblance to any other commercial supply line I've experienced. You should know weeks ahead of time, what you're getting, when you're getting it and be able to track it with a few keystrokes. Whatever system the local Honda dealers use appears to be based on reading the bill of lading after the truck arrives.
[/QUOTE]

AGREED! The system as it is now makes no sense to me. My bike was ordered by my dealer 3rd week of Feb. I am still waiting. It is supposed to be delivered this Friday. We'll see...:-/
 
I think it works like this: honda dealer orders a red deluxe for you, it goes to the honda warehouse for that dealers area! Then a honda powerhouse dealer decides he wants a red deluxe and if that bike is still at warehouse honda ships it to the powerhouse dealer bumping you & your dealer back. I don't think it's fair but powerhouse dealers have all the pull. I walked in my dealer told them I wanted a red deluxe on a Thursday and the next Friday I had my bike! That was last Friday today is Tuesday! Honda should ship & sell to the dealers as they order them
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top