White House K10 - a story of regeneration

As to the colours, Lash stable has them all:

31aba3fd3d938be4cc440c68232127a7.jpg


Nm, your head is spinning now, not?....
:cool:
 
Since you value opinions, ninemeister, here's a couple which are worth exactly what you'll pay for them: first, even though this bike is nearer 1150ccs in capacity, I reckon the 1100 badge is better for the simple reason that it is A CB1100. Second, colour: a hellish decision. It's a pity Lash's wonderful collection of CB1100s doesn't include a gold one. Of his 4, I'd take the tomato-coloured one at the front or the green. I also quite like the white of your current tank.

Good luck with your choices. I'm enjoying the vicarious journey.
 
in my humble opinion, this is the best paint option ever for the cb 750:


it's incredibly elegant but also sporty, and I think it will blend in well with the gold wheels: blue and gold have always been a great chromatic pairing
 
Peter , I wish that I had rich friends like you have with all these nice Honda's !
Many of the friends I ride with or meet at the Pisgah Inn are ex alcoholic's !
 
Houtman_imp said:
Peter , I wish that I had rich friends like you have with all these nice Honda's !
Many of the friends I ride with or meet at the Pisgah Inn are ex alcoholic's !
Whad'ya mean.... I've never been to the Pisgah Inn!! :beerchug:
 
Neither have I! But, then, I'm a standard not an EX! :beerchug:
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Since you value opinions, ninemeister, here's a couple which are worth exactly what you'll pay for them: first, even though this bike is nearer 1150ccs in capacity, I reckon the 1100 badge is better for the simple reason that it is A CB1100. Second, colour: a hellish decision. It's a pity Lash's wonderful collection of CB1100s doesn't include a gold one. Of his 4, I'd take the tomato-coloured one at the front or the green. I also quite like the white of your current tank.

Good luck with your choices. I'm enjoying the vicarious journey.
That's a good call. As I pointed out at the start of the thread, I do have a soft spot for orange (Vespa) and my newly acquired GTS300 is red. I have considered the CBX red (Candy Glory Red) as a mate of mine had one for years and I was always drawn to the colour, but I'm now leaning towards using that colour on my next build which is a naked GL1100 project.

Cormanus_imp said:
Since you value opinions, ninemeister, here's a couple which are worth exactly what you'll pay for them: first, even though this bike is nearer 1150ccs in capacity, I reckon the 1100 badge is better for the simple reason that it is A CB1100. Second, colour: a hellish decision. It's a pity Lash's wonderful collection of CB1100s doesn't include a gold one. Of his 4, I'd take the tomato-coloured one at the front or the green. I also quite like the white of your current tank.

Good luck with your choices. I'm enjoying the vicarious journey.
:beerchug:
 
That CBX has the European handle bars , available as a sport kit for the USA CBX"s
Bazbro_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Peter , I wish that I had rich friends like you have with all these nice Honda's !
Many of the friends I ride with or meet at the Pisgah Inn are ex alcoholic's !
Whad'ya mean.... I've never been to the Pisgah Inn!! :beerchug:
Whad'ya mean.... I've never been to the Pisgah Inn!! :beerchug: Some of these friends have been sober for 30 years and I try to take them out for a drink to celebrate their sobriety but so far they resist !
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Since you value opinions, ninemeister, here's a couple which are worth exactly what you'll pay for them: first, even though this bike is nearer 1150ccs in capacity, I reckon the 1100 badge is better for the simple reason that it is A CB1100. Second, colour: a hellish decision. It's a pity Lash's wonderful collection of CB1100s doesn't include a gold one. Of his 4, I'd take the tomato-coloured one at the front or the green. I also quite like the white of your current tank.

Good luck with your choices. I'm enjoying the vicarious journey.
As far as I am concerned not at that time (2 y ago).
I think now, he has all the 5 colours = full collection :clap:
Lash, can you here me!!:)

Again, here is it, the missing one, post # 33:

44b4d57c5d86d8f83a681eed28fb9a7e.jpg


c43d6c07194b727af8decec749b8a6a7.jpg
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Since you value opinions, ninemeister, here's a couple which are worth exactly what you'll pay for them: first, even though this bike is nearer 1150ccs in capacity, I reckon the 1100 badge is better for the simple reason that it is A CB1100. Second, colour: a hellish decision. It's a pity Lash's wonderful collection of CB1100s doesn't include a gold one. Of his 4, I'd take the tomato-coloured one at the front or the green. I also quite like the white of your current tank.

Good luck with your choices. I'm enjoying the vicarious journey.
As far as I am concerned not at that time (2 y ago).
I think now, he has all the 5 colours = full collection :clap:
Lash, can you here me!!:)

Again, here is it, the missing one, post # 33:

44b4d57c5d86d8f83a681eed28fb9a7e.jpg


c43d6c07194b727af8decec749b8a6a7.jpg
As far as I am concerned not at that time (2 y ago).
I think now, he has all the 5 colours = full collection :clap:
Lash, can you here me!!:)
Break it to him gently, but here in the UK we had a 'medium blue' one too... :s
 
Merry Christmas. Good find that!

Peterbaron, thank for the picture of lash’s gold bike. Doesn’t change my mind.
 
I think the CB750 might have been available in black in Australia, but my memory may not be correct.
 
Thread starter
It's a fairly random update tonight, essentially part of making things look "right" rather than just made. What can I say, I'm an engineer, so just humour me...

New custom rear sprocket is on order, so whilst the cat's away it was time to play with the mouse: the sprocket spacer.

As arrived it was simply a solid round billet with 6 holes. Functional, but not elegant with a lot of material doing very little. After drawing up the profile of the drive hub in CAD (the easy bit), whilst it would have been easy to send the part to a CNC machine shop to be profiled, after turning the inside away on the lathe and debating it in my head for a while, I had a go at machining the profile by hand using a rotary table on my mini-miller. Never done anything like this before so it was an experience if nothing else.

Lots of head scratching later, in the end making the fixtures took longer than the actual milling. I roughed it out by eye first, then used the DRO to position cuts after setting the angle on the rotary table, indexing 60 degrees for each set.
OK, it's not great and the finished part won't win any machining prizes, but I was quite pleased with my effort and it has given me the confidence to machine lightening slots into the front disc bells. One thing for sure was that the shavings weighed more than the finished part which came in at a svelte 155g.

Don't worry, I'm only using this temporarily and I'll have a pro machine shop make me another one, anodised gold to match the sprocket.
 
Like that milling machine at work and drawing :thumbsup:
Are you planning to leave any OEM parts....:P
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Like that milling machine at work and drawing :thumbsup:
Are you planning to leave any OEM parts....:P
:beerchug:
The milling machine is a fairly recent acquisition and I'm still working my way around understanding how to get the best from it. In truth I should move up to something larger like a Bridgeport, but for tinkering with the odd part it's good enough.
I've also got a Boxford lathe, must have had it for 20 years. I'm much more proficient with that, of course and that would be the last tool I would ever get rid of.
I sourced the CAD software & 27" all-in-one PC earlier this year to do a project, and whilst it is an expensive luxury for the use it gets, for jobs like this it's a godsend.

peterbaron_imp said:
Like that milling machine at work and drawing :thumbsup:
Are you planning to leave any OEM parts....:P
Well, you know, just making the best of what I've got. :D

I'd really like to know where and by whom the Excel wheels were fitted, a great bonus to have them but I would have been just as happy with standard Honda wire wheels.
 
Back
Top