Beautiful.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thanks. You really like white, don't you?peterbaron_imp said:Nic prep job....and seems to be white again....I mean great white
As to your front suspension, wouldn't be less complicated if you went for a completely new set of '17 forks ???

My thoughts exactly, the only thing that puts me off is cost. The SDBV forks are £1220 a pair in the UK (with VAT) whereas the Andreani are less than £500. The old forks should sell for £300-400 so that also needs to be considered.peterbaron_imp said:Nic prep job....and seems to be white again....I mean great white
As to your front suspension, wouldn't be less complicated if you went for a completely new set of '17 forks ???
Thanks!Cormanus_imp said:Beautiful.
Cheers!GoldOxide_imp said:Nice progress on the parts 9.
The Forum site resources are older generation, but still quite functional.Ninemeister_imp said:Thanks. You really like white, don't you?peterbaron_imp said:Nic prep job....and seems to be white again....I mean great white
As to your front suspension, wouldn't be less complicated if you went for a completely new set of '17 forks ???
My thoughts exactly, the only thing that puts me off is cost. The SDBV forks are £1220 a pair in the UK (with VAT) whereas the Andreani are less than £500. The old forks should sell for £300-400 so that also needs to be considered.peterbaron_imp said:Nic prep job....and seems to be white again....I mean great white
As to your front suspension, wouldn't be less complicated if you went for a completely new set of '17 forks ???
I'm not afraid of complicated so have even priced up the internal parts to convert my 2014 shocks to the DBV system, but I stopped my mental addition when I got to £350 a side.
Thanks!Cormanus_imp said:Beautiful.
I hope everyone is enjoying the progress as much as I am?
It's a bit tricky to post everything in a logical order as the forum software throws a bit of a funny and merges posts when you send in consecutive posts. Did this last night with the paint so I will now wait for a response before uploading the next installment.
Cheers!GoldOxide_imp said:Nice progress on the parts 9.
Thanks. You really like white, don't you?Ninemeister_imp said:Thanks. You really like white, don't you?peterbaron_imp said:Nic prep job....and seems to be white again....I mean great white
As to your front suspension, wouldn't be less complicated if you went for a completely new set of '17 forks ???
My thoughts exactly, the only thing that puts me off is cost. The SDBV forks are £1220 a pair in the UK (with VAT) whereas the Andreani are less than £500. The old forks should sell for £300-400 so that also needs to be considered.peterbaron_imp said:Nic prep job....and seems to be white again....I mean great white
As to your front suspension, wouldn't be less complicated if you went for a completely new set of '17 forks ???
I'm not afraid of complicated so have even priced up the internal parts to convert my 2014 shocks to the DBV system, but I stopped my mental addition when I got to £350 a side.
Thanks!Cormanus_imp said:Beautiful.
I hope everyone is enjoying the progress as much as I am?
It's a bit tricky to post everything in a logical order as the forum software throws a bit of a funny and merges posts when you send in consecutive posts. Did this last night with the paint so I will now wait for a response before uploading the next installment.
Cheers!GoldOxide_imp said:Nice progress on the parts 9.
Hey franov, great find!franov_imp said:https://www.boonstraparts.com/en/pa...17-2019-cb1100ex-front-fork-2018/000000537848
heard you need new front shocks: take a look at those! they seem quite a good deal...

Yes, bought and paid for and requested express delivery. You have definitely been more than helpful franov, I really wanted the SDBV set up but could not justify spending that much for new.franov_imp said:did you buy them? great! I'm really happy to have been helpful: I'm passionately following your project, which I find really interesting.
keep up the great work! yours is some gold content
commercial names are rarely matched by the exact engine specifications..The photos are off the internet PB, so both are just chrome & black reflecting their surroundings.peterbaron_imp said:That 2nd pic, greenish/bluish colour does not appeal to me.
Yes to the last pic, black, on a lighter/contrast colour panels.
Your project + your decision = you'll love it.

The photos are off the internet PB, so both are just chrome & black reflecting their surroundings.Ninemeister_imp said:The photos are off the internet PB, so both are just chrome & black reflecting their surroundings.peterbaron_imp said:That 2nd pic, greenish/bluish colour does not appeal to me.
Yes to the last pic, black, on a lighter/contrast colour panels.
Your project + your decision = you'll love it.
I've honestly not decided yet.
My thoughts are that the 1150 appeals more as it sounds similar to 750 when said, but I prefer the oem look & quality of the 1100 badge. White House took the easy/cheap route by using a chrome/black decal with the "four" off a 750 badge which is surprising given the cost of the kit.
I guess what I'm saying is that I want an 1150 badge that looks like the 1100 version, but can't find one (yet). Worst case, I suppose I could have some made.

The trial run makes a lot of sense. I talked through this with painter Mike today and he suggested the same, mainly to position the badges so they look "right" with the bike assembled so I might as well play with options whilst I'm there.peterbaron_imp said:The photos are off the internet PB, so both are just chrome & black reflecting their surroundings.Ninemeister_imp said:The photos are off the internet PB, so both are just chrome & black reflecting their surroundings.peterbaron_imp said:That 2nd pic, greenish/bluish colour does not appeal to me.
Yes to the last pic, black, on a lighter/contrast colour panels.
Your project + your decision = you'll love it.
I've honestly not decided yet.
My thoughts are that the 1150 appeals more as it sounds similar to 750 when said, but I prefer the oem look & quality of the 1100 badge. White House took the easy/cheap route by using a chrome/black decal with the "four" off a 750 badge which is surprising given the cost of the kit.
I guess what I'm saying is that I want an 1150 badge that looks like the 1100 version, but can't find one (yet). Worst case, I suppose I could have some made.
I've honestly not decided yet.
My thoughts are that the 1150 appeals more as it sounds similar to 750 when said, but I prefer the oem look & quality of the 1100 badge. White House took the easy/cheap route by using a chrome/black decal with the "four" off a 750 badge which is surprising given the cost of the kit.
I guess what I'm saying is that I want an 1150 badge that looks like the 1100 version, but can't find one (yet). Worst case, I suppose I could have some made.
OK, I got it.
I would say, you should first get the major things painted and assembled.
Then you can play with any smaller accents like badges to see how these play to your liking. Knowing the internet and colour printing power, you can even print them out and place a badge on your side panel prior buying. Have a thin cardboard behind it to imitate 3D. Take a look at it from a distance. Sure is not the same as a real badge but at least you can see how your eye and brain react to it.
I believe that in many cases, the first snapped picture that remains in your brain is what you may look for, desire or like...just a thought.
Also, you have to filter too many advisors...like me![]()
The mudguard rust was a little surprising, even allowing for the 35,000 miles the bike had run. No doubt the paint won't last long, but at least it's an effort to keep more rust at bay.Bazbro_imp said:A good job on the rear mudguard, Nine... I was appalled at the amount of rust appearing on mine (which was being junked anyway) and I took rustproofing steps on the new one too.
You're still undecided about the colour? I've changed my opinion... My original in 1972 was gold, though I really love Honda's 'Candy Glory Red'. But the more I look at the various colourways on these K10/17s, I'm struck by just how darned GOOD the brighter, lighter colours are on them. I'm now swaying towards that jewel-like sparkling metallic turquoise.
Good luck, whatever you choose - it'll be gorgeous!