What did you do on or to your other bike part 2

What a great bike m in sc.
 
m in sc said:
changed the bodywork on the 72 t500 to a black set. waiting on different sidecover badges (gold color inset to match the tank ones) and added a 'venom' style fairing.

I love the photo with the other bikes on the reflection of the tank.


More dirty fun on the dr...Jones Creek ORV trail system in southern Washington.  About 6 miles of single track and another 30 of forest service roads of varying conditions.  The single track was challenging at times as recent rains created some muddy-slick spots.  Had to deal with 3-4 descents with slimy, leafy surfaces with tight turns at the bottom...but I managed ok by going my usual slow pace.

6QhWKbm.jpg


KnAwN6b.jpg


jaTonvG.jpg


H2c8ocS.jpg


l1I8gxn.jpg


qYz6W5X.jpg


gHLbISy.jpg


Turn around
u1Cf8tV.jpg


Oops!
Dncl4bC.jpg


No damage to bike nor rider.  

About 30 miles to get there, 40 miles of forest service road and single track, 100 mile day.  

So thankful for a dry day, but the rains have already returned this eve.
 
As always, great pictures pdedse. I really like the ever-present mountain in so many of your photos. I lived in Hobart in Australia's island state Tasmania, for a long time. The city sits beside the Derwent River on the foothills of Kunanyi / Mt Wellington and is constantly affected by it's moods — sun, cloud, snow, rain squalls. It's more interesting than living in a place where there are no visible mountains or hills.
 
Cormanus said:
As always, great pictures pdedse. I really like the ever-present mountain in so many of your photos. I lived in Hobart in Australia's island state Tasmania, for a long time. The city sits beside the Derwent River on the foothills of Kunanyi / Mt Wellington and is constantly affected by it's moods — sun, cloud, snow, rain squalls. It's more interesting than living in a place where there are no visible mountains or hills.

I looked at some photos of the Kunanyi / Mt Wellington area...my goodness! What a beautiful place.  Were you into motorcycle riding when you lived in Hobart?  Looks like it could make for some good riding.
 
I learned to ride there and rode a good deal. I've also ridden there on the CB1100 a number of times, as the interminable chronicles will attest!
 
Cormanus said:
I learned to ride there and rode a good deal. I've also ridden there on the CB1100 a number of times, as the interminable chronicles will attest!

My first thought was how did I miss a "Chronicles" to Tasmania!  So I searched and I found the report: 

The CB1100 Community Forum 

And then as I scrolled down and saw some of the photos, I realized that I had, in fact, seen/read your wonferful trip summary.  In particular I remember the burned area photos.  And then I saw that I actually posted a few comments...

:blush:

But I don't remember seeing all the sailing photos, and then it hit me that this was written in the very first month of covid--at least the first that affected me personally as our college shut down: March, 2020.  We shut down for 2 weeks trying to move all our courses from a traditional face-to-face format to an online format where teaching was done via zoom.  Crazy times...I never worked so hard and so long in my life and I think that's why I don't remember the sailing part of your trip--too absorbed in a "new reality".   Very strange month as all three of my immediate loved ones were trying to make it back Stateside, wife was in Costa Rica, my son was actually in Australia and daughter was in Mexico, all wondering how to get back home and they all had to change their travel plans.  And here we are, 5.5 years later and covid is...much less than before.

It's also interesting to read something from 5 years ago and come across a few forum names that I haven't seen in a long time.
 
Amazon story.  For the most part, I've had good luck buying some motorcycle and car parts on Amazon.  You have to be very careful, read the reviews that have a large number of respondents, and you'll have a better chance.  

I just bought a low mileage 2009 Suzuki TU250X that needed a fuel pump and fuel injector. Those parts were $800 and $300 respectively from Suzuki.  I had recently bought those same items for a Nissan pickup from Amazon inexpensively, and they worked fine.  
The $40 Amazon fuel pump with a good percentage of favorable ratings. for the Suzuki, worked fine, testing at 45psi fuel pressure - no problem.

The fuel injector I chose had over 50 feedbacks but a so-so rating, but i contributed most of that to people who mis-diagnosed the problem.  It was $20, so I bought it.  Installed it and the bike ran, but poorly, barely idled, wouldn't take throttle.  Rechecked everything, compression, valve adjustment, air filter, clogged exhaust, fuel pressure again, fuel volume from the pump, fuel line, no problem found. No codes.  Injector spray seemed weak compared to other bikes, so bought another injector from another vendor, same problem. 

Unfortunately, I had thrown out the original clogged and fuel fouled injector and pump - big mistake.  I wasn't going to buy an OEM injector for $300 if I wasn't sure.  Found a complete used throttle body assembly with injector for $105 shipped, and tested and installed the injector - ran perfectly!

Here's the uptake. When I ordered the first injector, there were several listed, with over 50 feedbacks.  A couple months later, there were the same number of suppliers, but they all had only a few feedbacks, still mediocre.  So Beware!  When an Amazon seller gets a poor feedback rating, all they do is re-establish another account with a different name, and it looks like a new seller, but with the same crap.
 
Fun to hear those bikes going throught the gears. What's the indicator on the t500 with the number in red flashing 181-183 measure?
 
On Saturday, I got home from a trade show and headed out for some errands on the Enfield 650. Along the way, I stopped at the local multi-brand dealership and sat on a Versys 650, V-Strom 800 and 650 and the Honda NT1100. I found the NT’s left side controls a bit busy. I didn’t get to power the bike up to see what all the switches and buttons do.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6008.webp
    IMG_6008.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6009.webp
    IMG_6009.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 61
Gone in 60 said:
On Saturday, I got home from a trade show and headed out for some errands on the Enfield 650. Along the way, I stopped at the local multi-brand dealership and sat on a Versys 650, V-Strom 800 and 650 and the Honda NT1100. I found the NT’s left side controls a bit busy. I didn’t get to power the bike up to see what all the switches and buttons do.
I test rode one back in July. I was a little overwhelmed with the left side controls as well as the other user options. It was my first time on a DCT. I was impressed with how it up and down shifted as well as the power it produced. In sport mode, between first and second gear, it would easily pull the front wheel off the ground. Significantly lighter than my Goldwing. The price point for a bike with all the options it has is appealing… $11,999.  My only drawback….the color.  Blue with black engine, wheels and exhaust….too much like my first ‘14 CB1100 STD. Anxiously awaiting the color scheme for the 2026 model….assuming it’s released to the US.?
 
The NT1100 is a nice bike. Maybe a bit big compared to the others I'm looking at, but certainly nice. I liked the blue, but that is one of my favorite colors for a bike.
 
Gone, if you had a lot of money to be spent on 5 bikes, how many and which ones would you buy?  :cool:
 
Thread starter
The busy left switch of the NT 1100 is about the only complaint I read about the bike
 
peterbaron said:
Gone, if you had a lot of money to be spent on 5 bikes, how many and which ones would you buy?  :cool:

Five bikes?? I’m potentially adding a fourth, and since that requires storing one out of my daily care (albeit at Mom’s, whom I visit regularly) that’s a bit out of my comfort zone. I am struggling with the thought of selling one of the three bikes I have now, so for your proposition I’d be adding two to the collection. 

One would be a light touring bike. I’m currently mulling V-Stroms, Versys and NC750s. Something that would be a commute mule to sit at 80 for an hour carrying my work stuff a few times a week.

If I were to add a fifth, sheesh, I don’t know, maybe a compact, sporty bike like an MT07 or a Triumph Trident.
 
Is Gone in 60 the only one gets to play : ) I want 5 bikes, too!

I'd like to pick up a Kawasaki KLX300 as my 4th...wait, I have that Honda XR190ct in Costa Rica as my 4th, the KLX would be number 5. Shoot, I guess I'm done.

EDIT: now I see a thread was actually created for the 5 bikes!
 
pdedse said:
Is Gone in 60 the only one gets to play : )  I want 5 bikes, too!

I'd like to pick up a Kawasaki KLX300 as my 4th...wait, I have that Honda XR190ct in Costa Rica as my 4th, the KLX would be number 5.  Shoot, I guess I'm done.

EDIT: now I see a thread was actually created for the 5 bikes!

Hey, wait in a line up for your turn to come …. while quantities last, Gone was first :D
 
I rotated bikes in the garage to put the CB nearest the garage door in the hope of riding today, but a storm put the kibosh on that plan.

The rotation put my Enfield closest to my work bench, so it watched me fix a power window switch. TV overhead caught this cute video on my YouTube feed.

We watched it, and my bike said “Hey, I’m in that!”
 
Back
Top