What did you do on or to your other bike part 2

I dont really consider selling a vehicle to be too much work, since i dont really put any mental energy into negotiation, in that i don't really make space for negotiation. Its easy to deal with when the price is the price and all answers are either yes or no. What it is to me is a game of patience. How long before a serious buyer appears? Who knows? If i have the time then i can just sit on the bike for an eternity. Fortunately i already have the replacement so im not really tied to a timetable. I think ill approach a local dealer just to get their offer on the books so that i know what i can get if i suddenly need the garage space that badly.
 
Congrats, Ferret, sounds like you came across the perfect seller who took such great care of the bike that you don't have to second guess much, if anything.

Regarding selling used bikes: I try to imagine what I would want to pay for my bike. Example: I bought my RE INT650 (msrp around 6000 at the time) for 5200, it had 700 miles on it, not even a year old. Guy wanted 5500. I rode it 7k miles and a year later I started selling it at 4900, a few interests but no offers. I knew others were selling for 4000-5000, so I lowered it to 4500, knowing that someone would offer a bit lower. If I were buying it, I would have paid no more than 4k. A guy offerd me 4k and I said 4200 and he agreed. We were both happy.

With high mileage bikes: I ask myself would I EVER buy a bike with more than 30k miles on it? My answer is no...I guess maybe if it were ridiculously cheap, but there's so many bikes to choose from that I would look for late model, low mileage because they are out there. My KLR650 had 53k miles and I traded it in for my DR650 because I didn't think anybody would be interested in a 15 year old bike with that many miles. Dealer gave me 2200. That was fair. I'm sure he made some money off it, but like Ferret said, I didn't spend time with that sell.

And yes, FB marketplace. I haven't really had any flaky buyers with FB fortunately.
 
Pray continue, Mr Gone in 60.
 
Yes, keep that new baby clean! I’ve sat longingly on the ‘23-up models in the showroom.

Talking about selling on Facebook, ya know you don’t really need to be “on Facebook” to buy and sell there.

I don’t have the time or energy most of the time to see what my distant friends just ate for lunch, political rants, etc. But, you can log on to FB and just click on the Marketplace button and go there without engaging in Facebook itself.

My current job title is “Senior Project Manager”, which is basically every odd job the boss can think of. I am selling all kinds of things for the company on Facebook, from equipment to computers to cars. It can be easy or challenging… you get all kinds, but some are genuine people who just want to buy what you have.
 
Geez, I'm gone for a day and Ferret goes and buys a new bike. Nice bike, Ferret. 
We are all different as far as our abilities are concerned. I quit riding at 84 years because I was afraid of losing the use of my right arm if I take a spill. I could still operate a bike, but with the Reverse Shoulder Replacement (artificial shoulder - you can learn a lot about it on YouTube), I couldn't take a chance on more surgery and the loss of the use of my right arm. I really want to ride and it is very tempting, but I have to face reality. But, as I said, we are all different. Many don't get the privilege of living this long, much less riding as long as I, so I'm thankful for what I had/have.
:biker:
 
Thread starter
[quote="suhawk305" pid='271544' dateline='1761403581']
Congratulations Ferret!
Now you have a beautiful decked out NC, it is mandatory you keep it clean!
[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm thinking about keeping the 21. It isn't worth much to anyone but me and if it's not pretty out I can ride it and keep the 23 from getting too dirty lol
 
the Ferret said:
suhawk305 said:
Congratulations Ferret!
Now you have a beautiful decked out NC, it is mandatory you keep it clean!

That's why I'm thinking about keeping the 21. It isn't worth much to anyone but me and if it's not pretty out I can ride it and keep the 23 from getting too dirty lol

Psssssst...attn to all forum members...

I'm a little worried about the Ferret of late.
 
Thread starter
Angry Bird got ridden today (it was overcast with a chance of rain)
 
Cormanus said:
Pray continue, Mr Gone in 60.

Well, nothing to report. “Showroom Condition” was, to say the least, an overstatement. Unless that showroom had been in an earthquake.


Mrs. G and I both spent our teen years  in the 80s, and are amused that the 80s are “in” again. Today we went to “Radwood”, an 80s-90s car and culture show that moves around to a different location each year. Today it was in LA Harbor. 

Strolling through the parking lot, we spotted a ‘14 CB1100 among the motorcycles near the entrance. Cool!

Lots of the cars on display were those that I lusted over in high school. Among them, several Toyota 4x4s like this one with a Honda ATC in the back.

The Honda Heritage Center is nearby in Torrance, and they had a nice selection of motorcycles on display, like this MB5. When I was in school, the cool kids, at least the ones who couldn’t afford a car, rode MB5s. 

I picked up a rad new t-shirt to commemorate the day.


Gone in 60 said:
Cormanus said:
Pray continue, Mr Gone in 60.

Well, nothing to report. “Showroom Condition” was, to say the least, an overstatement. Unless that showroom had been in an earthquake.


Mrs. G and I both spent our teen years  in the 80s, and are amused that the 80s are “in” again. Today we went to “Radwood”, an 80s-90s car and culture show that moves around to a different location each year. Today it was in LA Harbor. 

Strolling through the parking lot, we spotted a ‘14 CB1100 among the motorcycles near the entrance. Cool!

Lots of the cars on display were those that I lusted over in high school. Among them, several Toyota 4x4s like this one with a Honda ATC in the back.

The Honda Heritage Center is nearby in Torrance, and they had a nice selection of motorcycles on display, like this MB5. When I was in school, the cool kids, at least the ones who couldn’t afford a car, rode MB5s. 

I picked up a rad new t-shirt to commemorate the day.


….
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5826.webp
    IMG_5826.webp
    88.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5843.webp
    IMG_5843.webp
    76 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5835.webp
    IMG_5835.webp
    71.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5848.webp
    IMG_5848.webp
    94.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5851.webp
    IMG_5851.webp
    87.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5865.webp
    IMG_5865.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 64
I tried out my new camera and it actually takes pictures    :D


[attachment=876][attachment=877][attachment=878][attachment=879][attachment=880]

 

Attachments

  • son1234.webp
    son1234.webp
    444.3 KB · Views: 67
  • son123.webp
    son123.webp
    326.3 KB · Views: 66
  • son12.webp
    son12.webp
    521.3 KB · Views: 66
  • son1.webp
    son1.webp
    628.4 KB · Views: 65
  • son.webp
    son.webp
    615.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 7crr.webp
    7crr.webp
    217.8 KB · Views: 64
Nice camera. I was heavily into photography in the 80s and 90s, but the digital age took the fun out of it. I did find that my first digital Canon camera was useful in recording documents I found during my genealogy research. Visiting public offices, like court-houses and libraries where I could view, but not remove, documents, the little Canon made nice copies. Now my cellphone has a much more capable camera.
 
Thread starter
Day 255 ..after missing the last 2 days to nearly 2" of rain, felt good to be back on the road today. Rode Blue Bird on the Ridge Loop...55 miles @ 53 degrees and mostly sunny

Finished out the month with 25 of 31 days ridden (lost 4 days to rain and 2 to going and picking up Blue Bird in Wi)
For the month 1,609 miles on the NC's and 169 miles on the CB for 1,668 miles
For the year 11,782 miles on the NC's and 2,449 miles on the CB for 14,231 miles and 255 out of 304 days ridden
2 months/61 days to go
 
Back
Top