peterbaron
Road warrior
Good job, Ron.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.


Lord Popgun said:Pretty sure I can't afford the taxes and insurance on those even if someone give me one free.![]()
Gone in 60 said:Had to run a work errand a bit south, so I jumped on the Enfield. Hadn’t ridden her since I adjusted the valves. I reused the valve cover gasket, and had pulled the charcoal canister and related jazz while I had the tank off, so I wanted to make sure she was running well with no leaks.
All good with the bike and she’s running fine. Decided to swing past my old office and see if there was any activity. I had seen the place in the evening, and noted that all exterior signage had been removed and the windows were blacked out from the inside.
Based on what they’re apparently storing in there, I can see why they’re keeping a very low profile.
pdedse said:Felt like a riding day...
Went south of Gresham, passing through the towns of Molalla, Silverton and Sublimity with the main goal of taking in the agriculture and avoiding horrendous I-5.
![]()
Hazelnuts...groves and groves... ... ... and groves of Hazelnut trees, and the nuts are getting near time
![]()
Also fields of corn, wheat, dill, blueberry, alfalfa, grass seed, hay, hops and Christmas trees. And lots of grapes...
![]()
More small towns: Scio, Sweet Home and Marcola
![]()
Besides horseys, cattle too. And can't forget the logging...
![]()
![]()
After lunch, headed east on hiway 126 towards Santiam Junction. Lots of forest...and sadly, lots of charred forest from fires.
![]()
Hiway 126 hugs the McKenzie River for miles
![]()
![]()
Clear Lake
![]()
At the Santiam Junction, took hiway 22 towards Detroit Lake, then forest service road 46 (paved) north towards home in Gresham. I probably road 200 miles through forest today. I'd say 80-90 miles were through forests that have been torched in recent years.
![]()
It's one thing to read on-line that another forest fire has claimed X number of acres...it's another thing to ride through these areas, miles and miles of blackened trunks. But you can see new growth in the hills.
You leave a burnt area, and suddenly back to this...
![]()
30 miles of tree tunnels...so little traffic, so much fun!
One of these fires produced a stage 2 alert ("get ready to evacuate") for us 5 years ago, but I think the closest the fires got was about 15 miles away. But terrible smoke in our neighborhood for a good 4-5 days. Bleh!
Started at 9am, home by 6:30pm, 350 miles.
I absolutely love motorcycle riding, whether it be the Kawasaki W800, the Suzuki DR650 or the CB1100. Grateful for these days.

Cormanus said:Looks like a lovely ride, pdedse. When you say 'torched' about the burnt forest, do you mean it was deliberately lit? And ... did your back hold up ok?
... .and my little one is now read for the big trip....


peterbaron said:Ferret >> :clap:
It looks like Angry Bird has a reason to be angry... when it sees Django's mileage of 10,802![]()
His R18 never stops lately![]()